More than 1,700 medical tourists arriving this month

webfact

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Contact the hospital, they will know and be better able to advise than the Embassy. And most will handle all the paperwork for you.

However you will have to stay in hospital (or hospital followed by a "quarantine" hotel linked to the hospital, many of them have set this up already) for the full 14 days, there is no getting around that nor the need for COVID tests: one before you travel, one on arrival and a third on day 13.

Which hospitals can I contact ? How can I be wellness tourist ? Where I need to apply ? Embassy doesn’t know anything. 

9 hours ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

Is there anything better to write about from Thaivisa? I thought all these requirements were suppose to be met prior to departure of the country you flying from!  Why place sick people on a plane with unstick people?  Does anyone have common sense in this part of the world?

Medical tourists that want treatment in Thailand usually don't have contagious diseases, so they don't have to be isolated. 

54 minutes ago, kiever said:

Which hospitals can I contact ? How can I be wellness tourist ? Where I need to apply ? Embassy doesn’t know anything. 

This is really aimed at people with medical problems that need treatment.  "Wellness" would be things like complete medical check ups but hardly worth it IMO as you'd have to pay for 14  day quarantine and at least 3 COVID tests  just for 1-2 days checkups. Very expensive, this is NOT a viable route if what you really want is to come here as a tourist.

16 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Sums up the lies and hypocrisy! No tourists because most don't spend enough but so called foreign' medical tourists ' are allowed because it's lots and lots of baht 

Yes, of course. Thailand is not the welfare office for the world. 

I'd suggest a reciprocal solution :

Westerners who contributed to their national health system in their home country should be allowed to remain in their system, and their so-called "social" healthcare systems should pay medical treatments in Thailand. And vice versa. 

Since medical treatment in Thailand is usually cheaper than in the West, Western health care systems would be better off than with the current agenda "get repatriated if you get sick and don't have a private health insurance" 

20 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This is really aimed at people with medical problems that need treatment.  "Wellness" would be things like complete medical check ups but hardly worth it IMO as you'd have to pay for 14  day quarantine and at least 3 COVID tests  just for 1-2 days checkups. Very expensive, this is NOT a viable route if what you really want is to come here as a tourist.

"Wellness" would probably something like massage or dentistry, things that Western health care systems would not pay for. 

The CoviD-19 problem is probably only temporary anyway (fingers crossed) 

I want to be wellness tourist to come back thailand. I think this is only way for future 3-4 months. But I have no idea or information how and where I need to make application.  Is there agencies to organise it ? Because I talked with embassy and they don’t have any idea. I checked websites of hospital but there is nothing there too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Which are these 62 hospitals?

Problem is that it is difficult to contact hospitals unless you want to use the most wellknown ones.

My usual hoslital is St. Louis. But they cannot be contacted from overseas. Email within Thailand works. 

Can anyone help with info?

On 7/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, micmichd said:

Yes, of course. Thailand is not the welfare office for the world. 

I'd suggest a reciprocal solution :

Westerners who contributed to their national health system in their home country should be allowed to remain in their system, and their so-called "social" healthcare systems should pay medical treatments in Thailand. And vice versa. 

Since medical treatment in Thailand is usually cheaper than in the West, Western health care systems would be better off than with the current agenda "get repatriated if you get sick and don't have a private health insurance" 

Ah, "should" and "should" the most pointless words in any post on here. 

Nobody who that comment is vaguely aimed at is either listening or interested in being told anything by a foreigner. Sad but true. 

On 7/5/2020 at 9:17 AM, kiever said:

I want to be wellness tourist to come back thailand. I think this is only way for future 3-4 months. But I have no idea or information how and where I need to make application.  Is there agencies to organise it ? Because I talked with embassy and they don’t have any idea. I checked websites of hospital but there is nothing there too. 

Same here and any idea on costs?  I am not sure what i can get checked up?

Asthma?  Back pain?  Dental?

12 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Same here and any idea on costs?  I am not sure what i can get checked up?

Asthma?  Back pain?  Dental?

For dental I would advise to use a cost-comparison portal. 

Get a cost-estimate from a Western dentist, and then look for the costs in Thailand. If it's cheaper in Thailand than in the West, you have a good reason to contact your health insurance. They will probably prefer cheaper Thailand to expensive West. 

Asthma I don't know. But a seaside resort is certainly better for your lungs than a smog area. 

For back pain sun, massage, and exercise is the therapeutical state of the art. Non-invasive, and no follow-up costs. Also good=cheaper for your health insurance. 

I would make a plan for everything, compare the costs, and then contact your insurance.