Marriage Non O Multiple Entry

Are we all just waiting to hear our specific instructions, or have we got to get a flight out to somewhere around the 31st July and just follow the normal married to a Thai requirements. I have been to my local imm office and asked if I could extend for 60 days, to which I got a yes reply ( my stamp date was 7th June ). What’s everyone doing? Just waiting around to hear I guess?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leeedwards said:

I have been to my local imm office and asked if I could extend for 60 days, to which I got a yes reply ( my stamp date was 7th June ).

60 days from your date of appliation?  Or from June 7? 
Some office(s) have refused these - but good to hear a positive report on this.
Some who have this option may need to move (at least temporarily) to where immigration is doing this.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, salsajapan said:

it will be extended anyway, it's so clear and easy to guess, but still some people like to look stupid by talking about it:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1171171-immigration-bureau-mulls-further-visa-extension-for-stranded-foreigners

Natapanu asked people to be patient, adding that the immigration bureau’s decision on the subject will be made public soon.”

Assuming things here in Thailand turn out sensibly is a very naive way of thinking. So unless you have inside knowledge that neither We nor the immigration bureau know of, I wouldn’t count your chickens just yet. 

And by the way,I was merely asking about contingency plans, or was that too difficult for you to understand. 

Edited by leeedwards
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, salsajapan said:

it will be extended anyway, it's so clear and easy to guess, but still some people like to look stupid by talking about it:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1171171-immigration-bureau-mulls-further-visa-extension-for-stranded-foreigners

If they will extend the amnesty,the only possible reason will be neighbouring countries not opening the borders for foreigners. 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, salsajapan said:

It's as clear as mud because the IB have absolutely said nothing about any further extension.

Only that the situation is under review.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, noosard said:

I got my O visa  60 day extension which is valid till 15 Aug

I am planning on doing 1 year extension now rather than hoping for an easy border run or flight

Considering no country nearby is open to anyone easily yet

I have a 1-year non-O multiple entry visa for marriage purposes good until March 15th next year. I'm supposed to stamp out of Thailand every 90 days, which I should have done on June 15th but couldn't and am covered by amnesty. Do you have the same visa as I do? Did you get a 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana? What was the fee? Sorry for all the questions. We can't seem to find anything reliable on google and both my wife and I are getting a bit nervous about being separated, and paying a ton for quarantine in two different countries when I leave and return. 

6 hours ago, PiMi said:

Did you get a 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana? What was the fee? Sorry for all the questions. We can't seem to find anything reliable on google and both my wife and I are getting a bit nervous about being separated, and paying a ton for quarantine in two different countries when I leave and return. 

You can apply for the 60 day extension at any immigration office. The fee is 1900 baht.

Requirements are here at number 24. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

You wife will have to be with you when you apply. Some immigration office will want up to date Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

• Thanks 1

I applied for and received a 1 year extension to my retirement visa on 25 June at Phayao Immigration in the normal way.  This was the 3rd or 4th extension to original Non-IM O visa.  Only difference I noted this year was that the proof of funds (800,000 Baht) were slightly more rigorous this year.  No mention of health insurance.  

I/O was not busy, I was only person there, and all done in less than 45 min.  Cost 1900 Baht plus 100B for photocopies.

2 hours ago, Robin said:

I applied for and received a 1 year extension to my retirement visa on 25 June at Phayao Immigration in the normal way.  This was the 3rd or 4th extension to original Non-IM O visa.  Only difference I noted this year was that the proof of funds (800,000 Baht) were slightly more rigorous this year.  No mention of health insurance.  

I/O was not busy, I was only person there, and all done in less than 45 min.  Cost 1900 Baht plus 100B for photocopies.

Insurance only becomes an issue, if your original Visa-Entry was a "Non-OA."  If a "Non-O" you don't need it.

I assume the "more rigorous" money issue, was a year of statements proving your account did not drop below the required balances - i.e. you didn't have an emergency requiring you use "too much" of your money to pay a hospital bill, or similar - even if you imported money to restore the balance a week later.  If you had, that would put you into the agent-money category.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:57 AM, PiMi said:

I have a 1-year non-O multiple entry visa for marriage purposes good until March 15th next year. I'm supposed to stamp out of Thailand every 90 days, which I should have done on June 15th but couldn't and am covered by amnesty. Do you have the same visa as I do? Did you get a 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana? What was the fee? Sorry for all the questions. We can't seem to find anything reliable on google and both my wife and I are getting a bit nervous about being separated, and paying a ton for quarantine in two different countries when I leave and return. 

Did mine in Udon Thani paid 2k

You do need to get a new kor ror2 from the amphur  which is only valid for 7 days

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 7:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the 60 day extension at any immigration office. The fee is 1900 baht.

Requirements are here at number 24. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

You wife will have to be with you when you apply. Some immigration office will want up to date Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

You could also use your child's birth certificate if you are on there as the named father 

On 7/8/2020 at 11:58 AM, Denim said:

I am in the same situation.

As far as I now know ( thanks to a TV member explaining )  it might be wise to consider the following method. First , a bit nearer July 31st , apply for a 60 day extension . Once granted , make sure to have two 40,000 baht bank transfers paid into your Thai bank account from your home country , making sure these two monthly deposits will show up as ' international transfers ' in your Thai bank account paying in book. 

At the end of 60 day extension , you can then apply for 1 year extension based on marriage using those two deposits as proof of funds. Apparently this is acceptable on your first 1 year extension. It is only the next years extension that you will need to show monthly deposits of 40,000 going into your account throughout the year ( or lump sum of 400,000 ).

Would PayPal transfers be acceptable in this instance, and as a weekly transfer of 10,000 or more?

14 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Next, if you do not have evidence they come from a "State Pension" source, some officies will not accept the income as valid.   I had an embassy-letter plus international-xfers, and was told this (said the "district level" insisted). 

After all, you cannot "really" support your wife, and must be on some secret Thai welfare for farangs, unless you proven international income is from a "state pension." 

Yes. a bit strange since your state pension ( in my case ) does not start until you are 66.

Not that a small detail like that would cause them to lose sleep at night.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes. a bit strange since your state pension ( in my case ) does not start until you are 66.

It does not have to be a state pension. It can also be from investments and other income that is not from working (a business owner could show income from it).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not have to be a state pension. It can also be from investments and other income that is not from working (a business owner could show income from it).

Well, not good news then. I have a lump sum in my UK bank but I doubt that would count as an investment.  I'm leaning towards just a 60 day extension then flying out for however long it takes. I was due back in the UK in May but delayed because of Covid.

Presumably, a 60 day extension of a non O multi does not require a mountain of paperwork provide wife is with me and we have original marriage certificate.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 11:26 AM, salsajapan said:

do they still give 60 days extension on your latest non-o multi entry if you were in the country on this latest entry when amnesty was decided ?

does it depend on which immigration ?

did you get confirmation ?

On 7/3/2020 at 8:36 PM, JackThompson said:

60 days from your date of appliation?  Or from June 7? 
Some office(s) have refused these - but good to hear a positive report on this.
Some who have this option may need to move (at least temporarily) to where immigration is doing this.

Many reports and UJ have confirmed they mostly do it from the date of application. One report appears to indicate it starts from the end of the amnesty. Either way, definitely not backdated or refused.

22 hours ago, drbeach said:

Many reports and UJ have confirmed they mostly do it from the date of application. One report appears to indicate it starts from the end of the amnesty. Either way, definitely not backdated or refused.

If they are doing it from the date of application I shall go on the 31st then. Could be fun or a scrum.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 11:58 AM, Denim said:

As far as I now know ( thanks to a TV member explaining )  it might be wise to consider the following method. First , a bit nearer July 31st , apply for a 60 day extension . Once granted , make sure to have two 40,000 baht bank transfers paid into your Thai bank account from your home country , making sure these two monthly deposits will show up as ' international transfers ' in your Thai bank account paying in book. 

At the end of 60 day extension , you can then apply for 1 year extension based on marriage using those two deposits as proof of funds. Apparently this is acceptable on your first 1 year extension. It is only the next years extension that you will need to show monthly deposits of 40,000 going into your account throughout the year ( or lump sum of 400,000 ).

Better ask your IO if that is all they want - not that it "must be from a state-pension," or exactly what types of income and/or "additional proof of source," they want. 

On 7/9/2020 at 4:28 PM, Denim said:

Presumably, a 60 day extension of a non O multi does not require a mountain of paperwork provide wife is with me and we have original marriage certificate.

Some offices want varying amounts of "landlord docs" - at minimum, landlord-signed copies of his id and your lease - possibly also the house-book and chanote for where you live - unless you live in your wife's House-Book, or own your own condo.

-------------

In both of the above cases, it is 30K+ Baht to an agent, if you cannot come up with the "additional" things your IO/office wants - which is the point, of course.

Edited by JackThompson

14 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Better ask your IO if that is all they want - not that it "must be from a state-pension," or exactly what types of income and/or "additional proof of source," they want. 

Some offices want varying amounts of "landlord docs" - at minimum, landlord-signed copies of his id and your lease - possibly also the house-book and chanote for where you live - unless you live in your wife's House-Book, or own your own condo.

-------------

In both of the above cases, it is 30K+ Baht to an agent, if you cannot come up with the "additional" things your IO/office wants - which is the point, of course.

Hmmmm , well It's wife's house and I have a yellow house book. As for the agents , do they hang around every immigration office looking for punters ?? I will be a applying at Petchabun immigration and have heard mixed reports of the place.

As long as I can get the 60 days I'm not super bothered about the 1 year as I am well overdue for some business in the UK. Trouble is , as everyone fears .... leaving is one thing but getting back after 6 months might be a lot more difficult. By then we will be on the 3rd or 4th wave.