Immigration Bureau mulls further visa extension for stranded foreigners

webfact

And these idiots don't even know that if we want we just pay for an Elite visa tomorrow morning and stay here as long as we want ?! How complicated is it to understand that we won't leave if we do not want to leave ?!

Funny people... but sad at the same time...

I'm a bit confused, again...

I needed to renew my 1-year Married Visa in May, but what I have understood (as everyone has been telling me) was that I do nothing until July 30th, and what they're now talking about is that they want to extend that further than July 30th?

Hopefully I'm not running around illegally lol. Hard to believe I am as Norway's Embassy was closed for non-emergencies until June 8.

4 hours ago, HOAX said:

I'm a bit confused, again...

I needed to renew my 1-year Married Visa in May, but what I have understood (as everyone has been telling me) was that I do nothing until July 30th, and what they're now talking about is that they want to extend that further than July 30th?

Hopefully I'm not running around illegally lol. Hard to believe I am as Norway's Embassy was closed for non-emergencies until June 8.

You're not running around illegally but you should really have extended your permission to stay (you cannot renew a visa) when it was due to be extended as per normal. 

It's probably worth speaking to your immigration office to explain that your embassy could not provide you with what you needed (presumably letter of income) & can you extend now (backdated to the original extension date), failing that (& failing any "Special" arrangements being introduced) you will have to leave Thailand per whatever rules are introduced when the amnesty ends & get a new Non-O for Marriage.

10 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Most countries, even though the border is closed, allow its own citizens to enter.

What country is not allowing its own citizens back in?

A lot!  I'm not going to google it, you can do that.  

It's a huge problem all around the world.  Haven't you heard about Thailand not letting it's citizens in from abroad?  I mean it's right there.  Or Japan?  Or Peru?  Or Bolivia?  There's all kinds of countries.  

• Like 1

Just now, Blumpie said:

Don't pay any attention to those people in Thailand.  They are <deleted> off at their own lives and countries, leave, and find that they are just as miserable thousands of miles away from home.  

Actually,I made the freeloader post and I love Thailand and my life here.... and its better without all the tourists !!

17 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Right on this forum for months now, with links to legitimate news sources.  

Here is another way to find out:  www.google.com

As expected,you have nothing to back up your claims.

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

There are thousands still stranded in Thailand that need to do border runs to activate another period of entry when the borders re-open, such as multi Non O Visas, or Non O-A Visa holders.

Then there are those who's current Visas have expired but need to apply for new Visas at local Thai Embassies/Consulates, or those just wanting another VE entry to convert to Non O and subsequent 1 year extensions.

Well said!

17 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What nationalities are still stranded here?

As flights are taking off again anybody can, one way or the other, fly OUT of Thailand.

Simplistic reaction . Good that the Thai immigration has foresight .

10 hours ago, salsajapan said:

So funny to see so many wrong posters here, when it was clear as water from the start that it will be extended.They are not even discussing to extend or not, they are discussing how long to extend it 

Yes, the government may well see the benefit of a further extension. It would not be in their interest for many to go rushing across a neighbouring border and potentially bring back the virus and trying to enforce a quarantine may not be that easy.

However I suspect that any further extension may be selective and mean a trip to immigration. There is no real reason why local immigration could not give those on a ME visa a 90 day stamp, after all, under the emergency decree they can make changes as they see appropriate.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blumpie said:

A lot!  I'm not going to google it, you can do that.  

It's a huge problem all around the world.  Haven't you heard about Thailand not letting it's citizens in from abroad?  I mean it's right there.  Or Japan?  Or Peru?  Or Bolivia?  There's all kinds of countries.  

Do not try and muddy the waters. Generally speaking unless a country removes citizenship, all citizens of countries signed up to the international agreements, which includes Thailand, have the 'right of return'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_return#:~:text=The right of return is,of origin or of citizenship.

The Thai citizen repatriation scheme has meant long delays, something quite different.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

As flights are taking off again anybody can, one way or the other, fly OUT of Thailand.

Getting out is not that easy. But thatbis only half the issue... so dream on about being able to come back on without 100000 insurance accepted in thai... being able to transit though other countries to get home... rely upon your airline of choice not can canceling the flight at the last minute and the latest... getting permission and paying a fee either for a yes or no from a thai Embassy or Consulate

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Isaan Alan said:

Well said. For instance I have a 1 year visa for Savannakhet but I must leave every 90 days. I can leave but it might be very difficult and very slow to come back to live in my home with my Thai wife. The 2,000 per month allowed to enter Thailand by marriage  isn't going to go far.

But there are always the agents as an option.

The lack of empathy from some posters make me think they drink vinegar instead of water.

You mean instead of beer? ????

You are so pathetic... I am sure there are lots of people with different stories, who do simple do not know where to go as they are not living in the country of origin anymore...and their country of residence or work are NOT open until now. Even as my familie living in Thailand I would like to leave asap, but right now having no place to go.

Why your people are so miserable, and in the need of critizenen others disregarding the value of your comments?

This was just a announcement of the government, nothing else...

So who needs your useless and discriminating comments....

18 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Really ? a friend has had his EVA flight to the UK cancelled / changed 6 times in the last 2 months and the flights actually flew to the UK . Contacted him by email and no explanation . They asked if he wanted to cancel the flight which he paid £500 pounds return . Now I think that a single fare to the UK is more than that and could it be that EVA are giving priority to the higher paying customers ? 

18 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

There are thousands still stranded in Thailand that need to do border runs to activate another period of entry when the borders re-open, such as multi Non O Visas, or Non O-A Visa holders.

Then there are those who's current Visas have expired but need to apply for new Visas at local Thai Embassies/Consulates, or those just wanting another VE entry to convert to Non O and subsequent 1 year extensions.

Or those whos Non-B has to be renewed at a consulate/embassy in a neighbouring country but land borders still closed.

11 hours ago, salsajapan said:

And these idiots don't even know that if we want we just pay for an Elite visa tomorrow morning and stay here as long as we want ?! How complicated is it to understand that we won't leave if we do not want to leave ?!

Funny people... but sad at the same time...

it will be cheaper that pay for an elite visa ! great, more money for a new car ❤️

3 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

So it's now clear, they will announce that every foreigner in the country will have 1 month to extend his former visa (the one that he had when amnesty was decided) or leave the country to get a new visa.

No, nothing is clear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Give all the Foreigners currently here in Thailand Permanent  residence then Problem solved , Foreigners then have a Thai Passport win win for everyone.

You dont get a Thai passport with permanent residence.... Just sayin.

18 hours ago, jphasia said:

Yes. This is my case. I am on Non O Multi Entry (because I live in Thailand normaly work in neighbor country) and supposed to leave country every 90 days. I should have left End of May but postponed due to the Covid. If the amnesty stopped end of this month, I will need to do the a border run. But with the actual restrictions, where and how will i be able to come back? I will have the option to get a 60 days extension, hoping that by that time, crossing the borders and re-entry will be easier but with an extension of the amnesty, I would on safe side...

Stay in work country?