Drunk soldier shoots policeman as he tries to pull him out of flipped car

snoop1130

800_e900e13fb205643.jpg

"Plutaluang Police Station learned of the incident at 2am and showed to up find Rit-rong Yasawut, 33, fatally injured, with inebriated Sergeant Jirat Katanyoo, 23, lying next to him.

Also nearby was bystander Adun Chansaeng, 50, nursing a gun wound on his right arm, and the soldier’s girlfriend Sutthina Wuttichai, 23."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is the man in the red & white shirt?

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

nonsense ..... this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese ...

no one drunk shoots at a police officer trying to rescue them.

Are you suggesting, the police officer rolled the car, so he grabbed a nearby drunk soldier and threw him into the wreck and told him he was going to frame him for the accident, then the police officer shot a witness and told him if he didn't give a statement that the soldier was driving the next bullet would be in his head, but the soldier somehow managed to shoot dead the police officer when he was trying to arrest the innocent soldier?

In any other country, I would say impossible, but in Thailand, it could happen.  ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

sorry robblok .....  i'm not buying the guys story or yours. 

ya ba is very dangerous, so are steroids just like that aggressive guy in Phuket.

Steroids don't hold a candle to alcohol. You keep refusing to see the truth. As for Ya Ba its on par with alcohol. A hard drug. I would not want to encounter a cop on Ya Ba and not on Alcohol. Same result.

You might not buy it but it happened. I think your a bit blind to the dangers of alcohol

Alcohol-related violence causes substantial death, injury and health problems. The 2004 Global Burden of Disease project estimated that alcohol-attributable violence accounted for 248,000 deaths annually worldwide [1]. As noted by Bellis and Hughes in this issue [2], the link between alcohol and violence has been recognized as far back as the 4th century BC. However, understanding this link and especially how to prevent alcohol-fuelled violence continues to perplex contemporary scientists and policy-makers. Thus, in March 2010, researchers from 14 countries met in Melbourne to present recent research on this topic and discuss issues and solutions. This special issue includes 12 papers from that conference. Other papers from the conference are included in a companion issue published in Contemporary Drug Problems, Volume 38(2), 2011.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170096/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Are you suggesting, the police officer rolled the car, so he grabbed a nearby drunk soldier and threw him into the wreck and told him he was going to frame him for the accident, then the police officer shot a witness and told him if he didn't give a statement that the soldier was driving the next bullet would be in his head, but the soldier somehow managed to shoot dead the police officer when he was trying to arrest the innocent soldier?

In any other country, I would say impossible, but in Thailand, it could happen.  ????

you have a vivid imagination ....   i didn't say any of that.

I can't understand the disbelief behind the story.  Thais get drunk all the time and have serious accidents.  An armed drunk Thai is equally a menace.  I knock Thai police all the time but in this case my sympathies go out to them.  Surprised the drunk survived to be charged with murder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i suspect he was drunk but also on drugs. imo

Right Steven, I mean they would not test for that in case of a murder. I mean one of their own died they would not work hard to throw the book at him. Does not make sense at all. If he had used drugs they would have said so. 

15 hours ago, PJPom said:

To murder your rescuer is unforgivable, no other comment apart from my condolences to the Policeman’s family.

Many may have missed this irony: The killer's name, Katanyoo, is the Thai word for gratitude  

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police believe Jirat may have drunk so much that he started hallucinating that the rescuer was coming to attack him. Regardless, Jirat has been charged of murder.

Back to normal... condolences to those who suffered from a drunk idiot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

mixed with drugs it's different.

Ok, but it also depends on how much you drink in combination with the drugs. In my opinion this man was far to sober in a combination with drugs.