More UK retailers should ban coconut products from monkey labour: PM's fiancée

snoop1130

On 7/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, lust said:

I saw a Thai man and monkey passing a M150 back and forth while taking a break from pulling coconuts from the trees.

You might have to explain that a bit more.

Some will think it's similar to an AK47.

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2020 at 7:27 AM, Tug said:

Not even April fools doesent Boris airhead gf have more important things to think about?you know brexit or covid to name two

If you knew anything about Carrie Symonds, you would not describe her as an airhead.She is formidably intelligent and influential in her own right.

She would certainly know how to put a sentence together correctly.

The fate of the monkeys  if not having this fun job would not be funny Boris.

Yes, I have seen many times & they are fed well & scream with delight when allowed to 

scale a coconut tree. Does Carrie get to scream with delight or are you still dithering about that too

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

on samui the monkeys enjoy their work and are well treated from my observations ,theyre as happy as larry

Seconded. They always appear happy whenever I see them & they're much quicker than prodding the coconuts with a 5 meter snooker cue. They also enjoy the breeze while riding to/from work on the back of the pickup ferrying the harvest to the nearest processing plant.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, lust said:

I saw a Thai man and monkey passing a M150 back and forth while taking a break from pulling coconuts from the trees.

Sounds like a frighteningly ideal method for animal to human virus transmission... Just you wait!!! 

Meanwhile, who knows what other kinds of bodily fluids beyond saliva might be getting exchanged....  :whistling:

On 7/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, robertson468 said:

Yet another "Snow Flake" who feels because she is married to someone important that it entitles her to advise the World on what is right and what is wrong.  Silly Person.

Well actually yes it is expected. The spouse of a leader is expected to promote a cause. If not then they are accused of doing nothing to repay what position they find themselves.

Such as the royal familly does.

6 hours ago, Silent Number said:

Very cruel the poor monkeys are paid peanuts.

Correct , same same UK working class on zero hour contracts .

Proud to be British , those were the days ..  

Edited by elliss

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How about if the UK supermarkets would do the same thing for Thai or SE Asian seafood products that originate with essentially human slave labor conditions? Before they start fretting about the monkeys?

Oh come now, sir. The idea is to give the appearance of doing something. What you're talking about might actually do something. We can't have that.

Seriously... Reallyyyyy... SHOCKING ????

So now the Brits (witch i respect on other levels) have nothing more important to do than react to...

"a report in The Telegraph newspaper"... ????

And targeting Thailand here, for what reason ?...

SHAME ! 

Can do BET'TER ????

• Like 1

It's amazing, how lightfooted the Thai ( and other) coconut industry responds... could be Boris The Liar doing it himself.

After the video of that young elephand being tortured/trained, many have a bad immage about Thailand now.

On 7/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How about if the UK supermarkets would do the same thing for Thai or SE Asian seafood products that originate with essentially human slave labor conditions? Before they start fretting about the monkeys?

Totally agree .

However lets not forget we have human slave labor in the UK .  Zero hour contracts, Amazon etc .

Britain's never shall be slaves . Play it again Vera,  when your not polishing your Gong ...

Edited by elliss