Jump to content
BANGKOK
Shaqabak

Philippines news site?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

So I wonder if there is a site similar to thaivisa just for the philippines? Im looking for a place i can keep up with news about when they will reopen, general topics etc.

 

Im sitting here in Europe, and im going as soon as something open's being thailand or PH, whoever opens first, i have a feeling that it will be PH since thailand seems to only focus on people with private jets nowaday.

 

BR

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure Thailand will open before the Philippines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I'm sure Thailand will open before the Philippines.

What makes you think that? I mean for normal spenders not jetsetters-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaqabak said:

What makes you think that? I mean for normal spenders not jetsetters-

News on the ground from people I communicate with who live there... lockdown is still very strict and new cases of Covid-19 are popping up everyday all over the Philippines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught in Europe too.

No country will open. We will have to accept that our new life is here in Europe now.

Thailand and Philippines is past life now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phillyinthe Phillipines; He is in Angeles but he does update daily on whats happening with the Covid situation etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 12:04 AM, JensenZ said:

News on the ground from people I communicate with who live there... lockdown is still very strict and new cases of Covid-19 are popping up everyday all over the Philippines. 

Actually lockdown is fading as it has not worked - even in the most severe places such as Cebu.  Indeed they had much more severe restrictions than Thailand but never got control of virus and now appear to know it is not going to happen and opening up to at least allow people to make enough money to eat makes more sense now.  At least that is my take on it from vlogs I have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lopburi3 said:

Actually lockdown is fading as it has not worked - even in the most severe places such as Cebu.  Indeed they had much more severe restrictions than Thailand but never got control of virus and now appear to know it is not going to happen and opening up to at least allow people to make enough money to eat makes more sense now.  At least that is my take on it from vlogs I have seen.

Do you reckon there is a chance they will reopen for tourist this year ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shaqabak said:

Do you reckon there is a chance they will reopen for tourist this year ?

I do.  A few covid cases would not make the difference there that it would here in Thailand where currently under control.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 1:04 AM, JensenZ said:

News on the ground from people I communicate with who live there... lockdown is still very strict and new cases of Covid-19 are popping up everyday all over the Philippines. 

The national Clown, Duterte, has just extended the GCQ Satus over NCR (National Capital Region) about 30 minutes ago. I have been living in Manila since 2020, after moving here from Bangkok. Preparing to move back to Bangkok in January. Philippines have become a massive mess under Duterte. Yesterday, 4000 new cases, but, the numbers the PH DOH is reporting are questionably at the best, anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 10:34 PM, Upnotover said:

Try Piatnight.

The old format of piatnight is no more , the new one, based on discourse, is here: https://forums.piatnight.com/login 

If you had an account before February 2020 on the old one, the archives can still be accessed here: https://static.piatnight.com/ 

 

It always has been a good source of PI info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cyber said:

The national Clown, Duterte, has just extended the GCQ Satus over NCR (National Capital Region) about 30 minutes ago. I have been living in Manila since 2020, after moving here from Bangkok. Preparing to move back to Bangkok in January. Philippines have become a massive mess under Duterte. Yesterday, 4000 new cases, but, the numbers the PH DOH is reporting are questionably at the best, anyway. 

Believe most rumor mills thought GCQ was going to be reinstated everywhere so this seems to be limited to those areas already at that level and most of country kept in the less restrictive modified version.  Believe the goal is to keep level of infections within the capacity of hospitals to treat but trying to limit unemployment as much as possible.  An impossible task for any country it seems.  Long term hope of December vaccine was mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...