BANGKOK
domomc

New​ requirements requested from embassy to return

54 minutes ago, BritTim said:

First, I agree that the requirement for health certificates on application is dubious, especially as quarantine is required on entry as well. I can find justifications, but I suspect the real reason is that they want to limit the number applying to only those absolutely determined to return.

I am pretty sure this is a global requirement. The MFA is not willing, at this stage, to vary the rules by country. Possibly, they may look less closely at the health certificates when you are coming from a safe country. There is a decent chance that there will eventually be a travel bubble between New Zealand and Thailand, but I do not get the feeling you want to wait months in the hope it will happen.

EDIT: A possible legitimate justification for health certificates ahead of time is that the MFA wants to ensure they are adequate, on the assumption that the updated certificates before travel will be similar. Dubious, but not completely absurd.

Good positive points, thanks for these. 

40 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

so you now need two tests for covid, 1 for apply and 1 before fly ? Getting silly now

Going to test the water bring my wife to the uk for a few months, Thailand is dissapearing up its own bottom in paperwork currently.

Yeah roger that, re all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

so you now need two tests for covid, 1 for apply and 1 before fly ? Getting silly now

Going to test the water bring my wife to the uk for a few months, Thailand is dissapearing up its own bottom in paperwork currently.

The UK has just lifted quarantine restrictions for arrivals from 50 or so countries, but Thailand isn't on the list even though it has controlled Covid pretty well.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

The UK has just lifted quarantine restrictions for arrivals from 50 or so countries, but Thailand isn't on the list even though it has controlled Covid pretty well.

That says it all eh. 

• Like 1

In Canada and the same. Need to get the tests done twice. The Fit to Fly is easy. The covid19 gets a little tricky as provincial governments are trying to ramp up testing and it is slowing down the result times.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Richard, I have all but lost hope in returning when the requirements are bewildering as if there were flights entering LOS anyway. Like you, I would love to have my wife come to UK but could she return. ?

• Like 1

To the OP I was informed in the last week by a Thai Official in the Embassy where I am that docs rferred to are not required for MoFA consideration so either possibly there is inconsistent information from Embassies or it is a 'new' requirement. Has your application been forwarded to MoFA?

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

netherlands as well must have upset someone  

• Like 1