New​ requirements requested from embassy to return

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My conspiracy theory, for years Thailand has been trying to make it a family friendly destination more so Pattaya. By imposing the 22 restrictions on entertainment venues many can not reopen maybe forever therefore Covid19 has done what the government have been trying to do for years forcing the ‘entertainment’ places out of business ?

Maybe, but why wait for an event you don't know is coming. Off course another "conspiracy theory" although most likely true, is this event has been planned for a long time. That being said I doubt the event planners had Thailand's plans to convert Pattaya into a family friendly destination in mind!

I think it's simply an excuse to clean up some of the seedier, less desirable elements but at the end of the day I firmly believe the seediness will return, at least to some extent. Right now governments are loving the control they have over their citizens but chances are this kind of control won't last. I do realize it is likely a less free future awaits us, but I highly doubt this "new normal" is going to be anything more than temporary and whatever sort of totalitarian vision of the future will take some time to implement, it can't be done in one go. It would be too much of a shock to have to adhere to all these silly requirements permanently, not to mention looking at what other countries have done, which is relax these measures after a few weeks, there is no reason to believe a developing country with traditionally weak law enforcement won't do the same. Even the most compliant, scared Thais will eventually start waking up and asking, hey, uhh why are we still required to follow all these rules when there is no basis to follow them anymore?

The difference for now is the use of the emergency decree, but once that goes it will largely be business as usual. My hunch is starting next month, we'll start to see a what amounts to almost normal again (assuming the emergency decree finally ends on July 31).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I wonder how easy it is to get these two certs? Can we get from any ordinary clinic?

In the U.K. you would have to find a Private Clinic for a Covid19 Test and printout, my local Doctor would certify me as F to F but as my partner and son are not registered with him he might not.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:38 PM, BritTim said:

I suspect the real reason is that they want to limit the number applying to only those absolutely determined to return.

I fully agree - making it a "mission impossible" so nobody of the Thai authorities is responsible for anything as nobody is able to return to Thailand by now.

Is there a single case of somebody (non Thai) having returned to Thailand so far? Any experiences regarding the quarantine procedures?

Edited by Prince77

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

What is a 'fit to fly' certificate, and, within 72hrs,  will that not include Covid-19 clearance?

My Doctor in the U.K. could give me a F to F but they don’t have the facilities to test for Covid19, it has to be done in a Laboratory.

2 hours ago, noserious said:

6. A copy of your health insurance policy with coverage including COVID-related treatment in Thailand in the amount no less than 100,000 USD (or a company letter certifying that they will pay for your medical expenses including COVID-19)

Have you got a link for this?

8 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My Doctor in the U.K. could give me a F to F but they don’t have the facilities to test for Covid19, it has to be done in a Laboratory.

Agree it does not look at all possible, even looking hypothetically at the moment, it would only perhaps be possible if you happened to stay in South Kensington next to the Thai Embassy at Queens gate London. Search for Edinburgh, reading further "our walk in clinic in London"....and they cannot promise the test result turn around, a probable 95% should be OK etc..

23 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Places like Japan and New Zealand (included on the quarantine exemption list) forbid entry to travellers from the UK. There is no reciprocal agreement. 

Quite right, it is only one factor and more applicable in respect of the EU.

The far flung nations are a different story and it is certainly not coincidental that there are advanced trade talks with Japan and NZ.

16 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There is a quarantine still in force, on arrival you give the address where you are staying, they can sot checks to see if you are there.

Im quoting direct experience. Isolation was recommended (as for everyone) but certainly not mandatory.

Not sure where your info came from

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The UK imposed a quarantine from June 8th for all arrivals.

From July 10th, the quarantine will be lifted for Countries not deemed high risk.

Surprisingly, Thailand isn't on that list.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#travel-corridors-countries-and-territories-exemption-list

Coronavirus (COVID-19): countries and territories exempt from advice against ‘all but essential’ international travel

The FCO updated its global advisory against ‘all but essential’ travel, exempting destinations that no longer pose an unacceptably high risk for British travellers.

Thailand is now on the list

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel?utm_source=9cfeac46-1cbd-4629-b00b-10b9b9ef9dd9&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate

8 minutes ago, raylspence said:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): countries and territories exempt from advice against ‘all but essential’ international travel

The FCO updated its global advisory against ‘all but essential’ travel, exempting destinations that no longer pose an unacceptably high risk for British travellers.

Thailand is now on the list

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel?utm_source=9cfeac46-1cbd-4629-b00b-10b9b9ef9dd9&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate

Eeeeer! Read again.

I replied to a question about entry to the UK and mandatory quarantine.

Travellers from Thailand are not exempt the mandatory quarantine when arriving in the UK.

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Eeeeer! Read again.

I replied to a question about entry to the UK and mandatory quarantine.

Travellers from Thailand are not exempt the mandatory quarantine when arriving in the UK.

You're correct, sorry.

18 hours ago, n00dle said:

I have a freind who flew back to the uk a little more than a month ago.

She required a passport and a flight.

No quarrantine, no contact tracing.

Im not sure there ever was a quarantine.

Your friend would have arrived before 8th June when quarantine commenced.

So all they want is a COVID free certificate that’s not asking for much under the circumstances. If I were planning on coming back I wouldn’t have left unless absolutely necessary. 

Edited by DerekJ

17 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I recently had a drive through test in the UK and was notified only by sms of the negative result. Im not sure if, when the time comes, anyone could confirm such a test and issue a 'cerificate' to satisfy Thailand. Perhaps my GP would.

Edited by SunsetT

4 hours ago, raylspence said:

You're correct, sorry.

Difference is when you arrive in the U.K. you are not put in a hotel or military camp, you just give an address where are staying, they said they would do random checks, but you could stay somewhere for 1 day then move on and the authorities would have no idea where you had gone.

On 4 July 2020 at 6:37 AM, JusticeGB said:

The UK is providing the corridors for countries which have reciprocal rules. Obviously Thailand doesn't have reciprocal rules with all the ridiculous rules they have put in place to enable people to come to Thailand. TAT is destroying tourism not creating it!

Not quite true. Countries like Australia are in the Uk list but do not allow People from the Uk free entry to their country. 

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, is it mandatory for a Thai national returning from the U.K. to go into quarantine in a hotel or can they provide a residential address ?

State Quarantine hotel from the approved list.

36 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Does a Thai have to pay for the quarantine, I asked the Embassy but they didn’t reply.

Free to stay in the state accommodation (which I believe varies a bit in "quality"), or an option to stay in the 5* Hotels with all the out of bounds extras, at your own cost. 

just received the following from a friend in the US:

(Updated last March 16, 2020)

Note: Thailand has temporarily suspended the grant of visa on arrival at any international airport to contain the spread of the coronavirus. The suspension will last until September 30, 2020

is this true and correct? anyone knows for sure?

thanks, thaisabai

3 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

just received the following from a friend in the US:

(Updated last March 16, 2020)

Note: Thailand has temporarily suspended the grant of visa on arrival at any international airport to contain the spread of the coronavirus. The suspension will last until September 30, 2020

is this true and correct? anyone knows for sure?

thanks, thaisabai

That is for a 15 day visa on arrival for those from 21 countries.

The 30 day visa exempt entry has not been canceled.