New​ requirements requested from embassy to return

30 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Visa on Arrival (VOA) and 30 day-visa exemption scheme Temporary Suspension

According to this website VOA and visa exemption are suspended between  from 13 March – 30 September 2020:

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/03/14/visa-on-arrival-voa-temporary-suspension/

From that page. "(2) 30 day-visa exemption scheme  for ordinary passport holders of Republic of Korea, Hong Kong and Italy"

Those are the only countries that it was suspended for.

The same is shown here. http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa on Arrival/VOA.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 3:02 AM, RichardColeman said:

so you now need two tests for covid, 1 for apply and 1 before fly ? Getting silly now

Going to test the water bring my wife to the uk for a few months, Thailand is dissapearing up its own bottom in paperwork currently.

Oh! Vindicated at last. I brought this up on another thread about applicants needing to find the time, money and resources to have 2 tests and 2 fit to fly certs. and should factor this in when calculating the cost of coming back to Thailand. It was pointed out to me that the fit to fly and Covid result were only needed to pick ip the CoE but, as I suspected at the time, this was an oversight by the embassies and now they are correcting it. Well thats just added another 6,000 baht to the cost of coming here, on top of the 60k+ it was already going to cost.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, treetops said:
On 7/6/2020 at 10:33 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

Does a Thai have to pay for the quarantine, I asked the Embassy but they didn’t reply.

I'm pretty sure it's free for Thai nationals.

State Quarantine is free for Thai nationals. 

Thai Nationals would have to pay for Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ), i.e the hotels which offer quarantine facilities which are more comfortable etc. 

Foreigners have to pay for the ASQ (28,500 baht to 144,000 baht depending on the hotel).

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, is it mandatory for a Thai national returning from the U.K. to go into quarantine in a hotel or can they provide a residential address ?

Its Mandatory for ALL to go into quatrain (State Quarantine or Alternate State Quarantine), unless there has been some form of ‘special’ arrangement made. 

• Like 1