Have you made it back to Thailand

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sure if you you have enough money there will be a way to buy yourself in I don't so I wont ????

Everything is being controlled and checked by the Army. Senior immigration are not getting a look in. 

MFA is deciding ‘officially’ who can enter. 

State Quarantine and ASQ are being inspected regularly by soldiers. 

The only way in outside of the ‘official route’ is if someone very very senior in the Military gives the go-ahead. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The only way in outside of the ‘official route’ is if someone very very senior in the Military gives the go-ahead.

Those  borders  surrounding Thailand are VERY  porous

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

An Ozzie friend of mine says the Sydney Consulate says he should be able to fly in on the 19th, and they will hopefully be granting him a fresh non-o. 

He’s got “United Healthcare Global” insurance through his job and they provided a letter that clearly states he is covered for “$100,000 USD in the event of contracting covid” 

Still unconfirmed yet, but looks promising. 

He’s also booked quarantine 37k baht, and the only thing I’m waiting to see from him is how he manages the “fit to fly certificate” 

once he shows me that, and actually makes it to Thailand, then I’m departing Thailand and going back to work. Just waiting to see how it’s done first. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

He’s also booked quarantine 37k baht,

That sounds VERY cheap. How can you quarantine someone for 14 days with 3 meals/day etc for 37k. Along with tests etc. Security etc. Any details re that charge. 

Also what do you mean "he booked quarantine"? 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That sounds VERY cheap. How can you quarantine someone for 14 days with 3 meals/day etc for 37k. Along with tests etc. Security etc. Any details re that charge. 

He says he booked a hotel/alternative quarantine for that price, how all the testing and hospital trips plays out I don’t know that’s what I’m waiting to see as well. There are lists of hotels doing this service now and the details are all over the place. 

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=EB56CFF028EB5ED8!284302&ithint=file%2cdocx&authkey=!AKdbvELtpFDVJsA

Dude on twitter made that list, but more are coming online all the time. 

gotta look through and get the details, contact them and ask. 

• Like 2

I'm in Australia, with Australian and Thai passports. I have to figure out how to get permission to leave Australia, then get all the certificates and letters required to enter Thailand. 

I'm stuck!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I'm in Australia, with Australian and Thai passports. I have to figure out how to get permission to leave Australia, then get all the certificates and letters required to enter Thailand. 

I'm stuck!

So you're in Australia.....you have a Thai Passport!! I'd hardly see that as stuck.....Thais are arriving back regularly. Go talk to the Embassy or one of the Consulates. I'm sure they'll be able to give you the necessary information from the Thai side. 

The link is to exemptions the Australian government provide to allow you to leave the country. Good Luck!!

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

The Australia permission apparently will be easy part of it. You will just ask for a exemption will proof you are living here.

For permission to enter Thailand will not be that easy. Covid test, fit to fly letter and 14 day quarantine after arriving.

Contact the embassy for more info. https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/

10 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

So you're in Australia.....you have a Thai Passport!! I'd hardly see that as stuck.....Thais are arriving back regularly. Go talk to the Embassy or one of the Consulates. I'm sure they'll be able to give you the necessary information from the Thai side. 

The link is to exemptions the Australian government provide to allow you to leave the country. Good Luck!!

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

Thais are free to leave Australia any time they like. Australians aren't. If you're a resident or citizen of Australia, you have to get permission to leave regardless of what other citizenship you have. Australia quarantines people on the way in, too.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Australia permission apparently will be easy part of it. You will just ask for a exemption will proof you are living here.

For permission to enter Thailand will not be that easy. Covid test, fit to fly letter and 14 day quarantine after arriving.

Contact the embassy for more info. https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/

I've heard that the Australian permission is far from easy, with lots of arbitrary refusals. I might give it a try and see what they say. I'm living in Australia by the way.

Covid is flaring up again here, so this could go on for a long time.....

As you say, getting permission to enter Thailand will also be onerous. 

Edited by dbrenn

2 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

An Ozzie friend of mine says the Sydney Consulate says he should be able to fly in on the 19th, and they will hopefully be granting him a fresh non-o.

What does it mean in more precise terms?

The consulates and embassies don't issue the initial approvals.

The Ministry of foreign affairs in Thailand does.

Did he actually get an approval from MFA?

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

I know of several Australians that are leaving Australia for work overseas and then entering again after, obviously then they must do quarantine, none of them have mentioned any issue getting permission to leave Australia,

Fact is we have not heard from one person that has done this (eg Australian returning to Thailand) obtaining certificate of entry and the required insurance and the fit to fly and covid medical certificate etc.

Along with details regarding quarantine experience.

The government quarantine provided for Thai nationals is very different from hotels. What has happened in Victoria AU, is a disaster. The hotels that were used to quarantine used  non trained and quickly thrown together security staff. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

That is true, but I would not fancy being in Thailand with no immigration stamp in my passport.

But they wouldn't know you were here...... it's not like being on an expired visa or overstay

Not saying its ideal but i you had oodles of money and wanted to lie low parts of Thailand would be ideal (like my area just near Burmese) border south of Prachuap

maybe  Ms Maxwell should have taken up the offer

Edited by poohy

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Fact is we have not heard from one person that has done this (eg Australian returning to Thailand) obtaining certificate of entry and the required insurance and the fit to fly and covid medical certificate etc.

The government quarantine provided for Thai nationals is very different from hotels. What has happened in Victoria AU, is a disaster. The hotels that were used to quarantine used  non trained and quickly thrown together security staff. 

Since the fact that the entry for certain categories of Foreigners has only been available since 1st July, then not many will have made the attempt to enter Thailand yet, however, I was replying to a post made by a dual Thai and Aussie citizen, which changes things a lot, as Thailand cannot refuse him entry, yes he would need to get the fit for fly and go to quarantine upon arrival.

Why do you say that the government quarantine for Thais is very different from hotels?

All the ones I know have been quarantined in a hotel, Ambassador in BKK and Jomtien, from what I understand it is perfectly OK, although the room doesn't get cleaned and no laundry service, they do get 3 meals a day, TV, free WiFi and 2 covid tests.

49 minutes ago, dluek said:

A Kiwi just finished the whole process (flight, quarantine) and posted multiple daily updates on Twitter. His handle there is @wayne_hay 

Thanks for that.

Just to add breaking news from OZ where Victoria has just locked down 3 high rise buildings housing 3000 people. The outbreak in Victoria came about leaks in ill fated Quarantine in hotels. Perhaps this may impact on Australians trying to return to Thailand.

10 hours ago, bodga said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those  borders  surrounding Thailand are VERY  porous

Good luck walking in through the Jungle....  you could also sky-dive in or get smuggled in on a fishing boat...   

Porosity of borders is a rather useless in this context. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:
2 hours ago, Mattd said:

I know of several Australians that are leaving Australia for work overseas and then entering again after, obviously then they must do quarantine, none of them have mentioned any issue getting permission to leave Australia,

My Wife has called up a couple of the ASQ hotels (Alternate State Quarantine), namely: Centerpoint Thonglor and Siam Mandarina - Both are already accommodating Westerners.

I know this is different from the state quarantine and no specific to returning Australians - however, the ASQ is functioning and foreigners are getting in - There are just no first hand accounts so far, on this forum. 

3 hours ago, dluek said:

A Kiwi just finished the whole process (flight, quarantine) and posted multiple daily updates on Twitter. His handle there is @wayne_hay 

Ah yeah he’s the Al Jazeera journalist, I follow him too. Pretty sure he got special permission though, being a journalist. For us regular plebs it’ll probably be a bit different. 

but he did have interesting info on the hotel quarantine. 

14 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

I dunno man, Im in Thailand getting his info. Have you contacted you local consulate/embassy and asked?

Here's a thing..

There are multiple threads here regarding the process.

The details are established and proven at this point.

The well known fact is your local embassy or consulate is nothing more than a relaying point for a decision to allow a foreigner to enter Thailand.

The decision on the application to enter is being channeled from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand down to your local embassy/consulate.

The embassy/consulate will only take over the process after they get a message/decision on your case straight from MFA.

Until then they have zero knowledge about anyone's application outcome.

There must be some misunderstanding of what your friend has told you.

Because for the Embassy/consulate to start making any arrangements for a foreigner to enter Thailand they must first get an approval on the case from MFA.

Without such an approval there's no point of discussing any arrangements, reserving hotels, flights etc.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can choose hotel when you agree to the 14 days quarantine. There's a list of hotels in Bkk. The cost is from ~37k to 144k.