BANGKOK
canuckamuck

Have you made it back to Thailand

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sure if you you have enough money there will be a way to buy yourself in I don't so I wont 🤔

Everything is being controlled and checked by the Army. Senior immigration are not getting a look in. 

MFA is deciding ‘officially’ who can enter. 

State Quarantine and ASQ are being inspected regularly by soldiers. 

The only way in outside of the ‘official route’ is if someone very very senior in the Military gives the go-ahead. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The only way in outside of the ‘official route’ is if someone very very senior in the Military gives the go-ahead.

Those  borders  surrounding Thailand are VERY  porous

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

An Ozzie friend of mine says the Sydney Consulate says he should be able to fly in on the 19th, and they will hopefully be granting him a fresh non-o. 

He’s got “United Healthcare Global” insurance through his job and they provided a letter that clearly states he is covered for “$100,000 USD in the event of contracting covid” 

Still unconfirmed yet, but looks promising. 

He’s also booked quarantine 37k baht, and the only thing I’m waiting to see from him is how he manages the “fit to fly certificate” 

once he shows me that, and actually makes it to Thailand, then I’m departing Thailand and going back to work. Just waiting to see how it’s done first. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

He’s also booked quarantine 37k baht,

That sounds VERY cheap. How can you quarantine someone for 14 days with 3 meals/day etc for 37k. Along with tests etc. Security etc. Any details re that charge. 

Also what do you mean "he booked quarantine"? 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That sounds VERY cheap. How can you quarantine someone for 14 days with 3 meals/day etc for 37k. Along with tests etc. Security etc. Any details re that charge. 

Also what do you mean "he booked quarantine"? 

He says he booked a hotel/alternative quarantine for that price, how all the testing and hospital trips plays out I don’t know that’s what I’m waiting to see as well. There are lists of hotels doing this service now and the details are all over the place. 

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=EB56CFF028EB5ED8!284302&ithint=file%2cdocx&authkey=!AKdbvELtpFDVJsA

Dude on twitter made that list, but more are coming online all the time. 

gotta look through and get the details, contact them and ask. 

• Like 2

I'm in Australia, with Australian and Thai passports. I have to figure out how to get permission to leave Australia, then get all the certificates and letters required to enter Thailand. 

I'm stuck!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I'm in Australia, with Australian and Thai passports. I have to figure out how to get permission to leave Australia, then get all the certificates and letters required to enter Thailand. 

I'm stuck!

So you're in Australia.....you have a Thai Passport!! I'd hardly see that as stuck.....Thais are arriving back regularly. Go talk to the Embassy or one of the Consulates. I'm sure they'll be able to give you the necessary information from the Thai side. 

The link is to exemptions the Australian government provide to allow you to leave the country. Good Luck!!

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

The Australia permission apparently will be easy part of it. You will just ask for a exemption will proof you are living here.

For permission to enter Thailand will not be that easy. Covid test, fit to fly letter and 14 day quarantine after arriving.

Contact the embassy for more info. https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/

10 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

So you're in Australia.....you have a Thai Passport!! I'd hardly see that as stuck.....Thais are arriving back regularly. Go talk to the Embassy or one of the Consulates. I'm sure they'll be able to give you the necessary information from the Thai side. 

The link is to exemptions the Australian government provide to allow you to leave the country. Good Luck!!

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

Thais are free to leave Australia any time they like. Australians aren't. If you're a resident or citizen of Australia, you have to get permission to leave regardless of what other citizenship you have. Australia quarantines people on the way in, too.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Australia permission apparently will be easy part of it. You will just ask for a exemption will proof you are living here.

For permission to enter Thailand will not be that easy. Covid test, fit to fly letter and 14 day quarantine after arriving.

Contact the embassy for more info. https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/

I've heard that the Australian permission is far from easy, with lots of arbitrary refusals. I might give it a try and see what they say. I'm living in Australia by the way.

Covid is flaring up again here, so this could go on for a long time.....

As you say, getting permission to enter Thailand will also be onerous. 

Edited by dbrenn

2 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

An Ozzie friend of mine says the Sydney Consulate says he should be able to fly in on the 19th, and they will hopefully be granting him a fresh non-o.

What does it mean in more precise terms?

The consulates and embassies don't issue the initial approvals.

The Ministry of foreign affairs in Thailand does.

Did he actually get an approval from MFA?