Have you made it back to Thailand

So let me get this straight. Thailand wants to bring back tourism but

a tourist  coming for 1 week needs to be Quarantined for 2 weeks , plus

show a $100,K insurance policy.  Good luck with that scheme.

Also...Foreign husband and Thai wife return to Thailand. Wife gets to go

home but Husband has to go to a Quarantine Center.  Yep- TIT.

3 minutes ago, mberbae said:

Also...Foreign husband and Thai wife return to Thailand. Wife gets to go

home but Husband has to go to a Quarantine Center.  Yep- TIT.

Pretty sure they both have to quarantine, either in a government facility or alternative state quarantine. 

• Like 1

Just now, unheard said:

What would be the reason?

They are your contact point for returning, it’s how you start the process, and they would be able to immediately answer the questions you have with a level of certainty you can’t get on this forum. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

They are your contact point for returning, it’s how you start the process, and they would be able to immediately answer the questions you have with a level of certainty you can’t get on this forum. 

You're mistaken.

The embassy/consulate is the channel for submitting your application.

They have no information, zero, none, nada on the status of your application.

They can't and won't answer those kinds of questions until they (and not you as an applicant) hear back from the MFA in Bangkok.

Only then they will contact you, an applicant, and let you know if your application has been approved or you still need to edit the previously submitted application with any additional or revised documentation via the personalized link that you receive as an acknowledgment of the submitted application.

They have nothing to tell you until they receive a status update on your application from Bangkok.

Edited by unheard

42 minutes ago, unheard said:

You're mistaken.

The embassy/consulate is the channel for submitting your application.

They have no information, zero, none, nada on the status of your application.

They can't and won't answer those kinds of questions until they (and not you as an applicant) hear back from the MFA in Bangkok.

Only then they will contact you, an applicant, and let you know if your application has been approved or you still need to edit the previously submitted application with any additional or revised documentation via the personalized link that you receive as an acknowledgment of the submitted application.

They have nothing to tell you until they receive a status update on your application from Bangkok.

I take it you've started this process by calling the embassy and getting your paperwork going? 

A couple of questions for anyone who may have done re-entry quarantine or knows someone who has done alternative state quarantine:

1. Must you stay in your room for the entire two weeks or are you allowed to walk around the premises? 

2. Are you allowed to stay in the same room with a spouse, or must you stay in separate rooms for the duration?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I take it you've started this process by calling the embassy and getting your paperwork going? 

I've used the on-line form to send out the application.

All my communication with the consulate is done via email.

No calling.

Permission to leave the easiest part , is o online form if you fall in any of the 4 criterion the form you get the permission, I got mine in 24 hours , but you need to upload your ticked and the COE, really as uponjoe said is the easiest part, the embassy will provide you with lists of approved ASQ ( they around 12 hotels with different prices) all the required information and prices on those hotels website and other list of the approved health insurance , in reality you only need to fill one form that a declaration , and health insurance,  then when you get your COE you send your application for a visa

On 7/4/2020 at 2:09 AM, Mama Noodle said:

An Ozzie friend of mine says the Sydney Consulate says he should be able to fly in on the 19th, and they will hopefully be granting him a fresh non-o. 

He has only the non-o and is permitted back?

Or is he married? Work permit?

Here are some things I am unsure of for getting back.

The first problem is the order of completing the checklist. So, here is what I imagine the order is.

The order of items required

1.I Already have a visa

2.Buy insurance

3.Apply for Certificate of Entry with all copies of ID/marriage asked for

4.Book flight

5.Book quarantine

6.Get tested

7.Fly to Thailand

Is this correct?

More questions

The duration of Insurance required to apply.

Will they accept any insurance company or is it only an approved from an approved list?

How do you find out what flight to take?

Can you book any flight?

Can you book quarantine without knowing the date you arrive?

Who checks to see if you have the tests done and have insurance before you board?

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

The first problem is the order of completing the checklist. So, here is what I imagine the order is.

The order of items required

1.I Already have a visa

2.Buy insurance

3.Apply for Certificate of Entry with all copies of ID/marriage asked for

4.Book flight

5.Book quarantine

6.Get tested

7.Fly to Thailand

Is this correct?

1. Have insurance with a coverage limit of over 100K USD not excluding Covid-19 and documents they ask as a proof of being in one of the qualified group.

2. Apply online for a permission to enter (visa will be issued for those who don't have it as a part of the process if your application is approved)

3. Upon approval work with the local embassy/consulate on obtaining the Visa, scheduling the flight back and reserving the ASQ hotel room.

4. No more than 72 hours before the scheduled flight submit the negative result for Covid-19, Fit-to-Fly certificate and wait for them to issue you a COE.

5. With COE in hand go to the airport.

Edited by unheard
  • Thanks 1

The duration of Insurance required to apply.

Will they accept any insurance company or is it only an approved from an approved list?

How do you find out what flight to take?

Can you book any flight?

Can you book quarantine without knowing the date you arrive?

Who checks to see if you have the tests done and have insurance before you board?

Insurance for the duration of stay.

Any insurance that meet the requirements and cover you in Thailand.

Contact the embassy/consulate on the flight options.

No, you can't book any flight.

You can book the ASQ hotel room without knowing the date but why would you do such a thing?

I think the embassy/consulate personnel or ones contracted by them do the paperwork checking before the flight.

• Thanks 1

@unheard

Very helpful information, thank you very much

Just one more question, are these documents being sent online/email or do I have to mail paper documents? With a 72 hour deadline, I imagine they email it to you.

Edited by canuckamuck

Thai ma in law and the faLang fa in law, have been getting ran in circles trying to follow the "process" since July 1st. I just laughed and told them to kick back, they're in a state where cases have been on a sharrrp decline, since early April, took the least economic impact of the entire country, and reasonably minimal restrictions. Told them there's no need to dive into what will certainly be an absolute goat fuqq of a process, at this point, give it a month and see if they've unf*cked the arrival mess by then, for Thais and their foreign spouses. They're retired, western wealthy and the weather there is magnificent right now. Just chill, way safer where they're at, comparatively. ????

Edited by Starmocihc

@unheard

Very helpful information, thank you very much

Just one more question, are these documents being sent online/email or do I have to mail paper documents? With a 72 hour deadline, I imagine they email it to you.

Everything can be submitted online via an application form, specifically set up by your country embassy/consulate.

But not every country has done so. If the fill-able online form is not available to you then they will tell you about your options when you contact them.

Edited by unheard
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bubba said:

A couple of questions for anyone who may have done re-entry quarantine or knows someone who has done alternative state quarantine:

1. Must you stay in your room for the entire two weeks or are you allowed to walk around the premises? 

2. Are you allowed to stay in the same room with a spouse, or must you stay in separate rooms for the duration?

The official ASQ list is here:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/List of ASQ Hotels 26062020.pdf

You are confined to your room. Food is brought to your doorstep.

On the list are family rooms. So wife and/or kids should be ok.

On 7/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife has called up a couple of the ASQ hotels (Alternate State Quarantine), namely: Centerpoint Thonglor and Siam Mandarina - Both are already accommodating Westerners.

I know this is different from the state quarantine and no specific to returning Australians - however, the ASQ is functioning and foreigners are getting in - There are just no first hand accounts so far, on this forum. 

All top shots. Not really the TVF demographic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CLS said:

The official ASQ list is here:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/List of ASQ Hotels 26062020.pdf

You are confined to your room. Food is brought to your doorstep.

On the list are family rooms. So wife and/or kids should be ok.

Thanks. 'Unheard' posted a twitter link earlier and it was really helpful hearing a day by day from someone who actually did it. Turns out he was doing ASQ at Centre Point.

https://twitter.com/wayne_hay

The less attractive things I learned from that was:

- He was only allowed to leave his room every second day when they serviced his room and then only for 40 minutes, where there was a small outdoor area in which to sit or stand;

- No outside food deliveries allowed. The included food was from a short menu and if you wanted anything else, room service was the only option;

- No balcony and no windows were allowed to be opened, and here it comes;

- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED

I am sure the room was nicer and there is a TV with TrueVisions, but that sounded a lot like a two week prison sentence to me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, bubba said:

Thanks. 'Unheard' posted a twitter link earlier and it was really helpful hearing a day by day from someone who actually did it. Turns out he was doing ASQ at Centre Point.

https://twitter.com/wayne_hay

The less attractive things I learned from that was:

- He was only allowed to leave his room every second day when they serviced his room and then only for 40 minutes, where there was a small outdoor area in which to sit or stand;

- No outside food deliveries allowed. The included food was from a short menu and if you wanted anything else, room service was the only option;

- No balcony and no windows were allowed to be opened, and here it comes;

- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED

I am sure the room was nicer and there is a TV with TrueVisions, but that sounded a lot like a two week prison sentence to me.

No alcohol, right, like that won't be immediately circumvented. ????

• Haha 1

a variation on the theme:  I read today that Thailand would allow people from low-risk countries (as deemed so by the WHO) to enter Thailand in a bubble tourism scheme.  I cannot find anything in WHO (or anywhere else) saying which countries are seen, by the WHO, as 'low-risk.' And since I'm in the US, my chances are -0 (is it possible that the US is seen by Thailand as 'low risk?')

Do you have a link to WHO low risk countries and do you have a link where Thailand says the us is low risk?  (I'm desperate for good news.)  Thank you.

10 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

a variation on the theme:  I read today that Thailand would allow people from low-risk countries (as deemed so by the WHO) to enter Thailand in a bubble tourism scheme.

Still in the planning stage and being discussed.

Countries: China, Japan and Taiwan

Destinations: Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Samui, Chiang Mai, Krabi, Chiang Rai and Hat Yai

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

Just few things to keep in mind

You need to book ASQ first, then change the date of arrival accordingly as I mentioned that the situation still fluid and could change any time, just speak with them before you book as most of them flexible, however you can not cancel the booking ,I got my COE by email as you need to send all the required documentation via email to the embassy, when you get you cos you need to post you passport and visa application, in term of health  insurance I did select one of preferred one on embassy list as they know exactly the new entry requirement which they send you paper work to send to embassy and to show immigration

You need to see your doctor a bit early to explain about covid certificate, as far as i know in Australia there is no such a certificate or template given that why I spoke with GP in advance. Without covid free certificate you can not bored the plane nor enter Thailand, the biggest challenge I found so fa is flight booking which required by the coe and by the visa application, you can go and book through Thai airways but will be no such a guarantee, the online application for permission to leave Australia needs to upload your confirmed booking as well, 

T