BANGKOK
canuckamuck

Have you made it back to Thailand

So let me get this straight. Thailand wants to bring back tourism but

a tourist  coming for 1 week needs to be Quarantined for 2 weeks , plus

show a $100,K insurance policy.  Good luck with that scheme.

Also...Foreign husband and Thai wife return to Thailand. Wife gets to go

home but Husband has to go to a Quarantine Center.  Yep- TIT.

3 minutes ago, mberbae said:

Also...Foreign husband and Thai wife return to Thailand. Wife gets to go

home but Husband has to go to a Quarantine Center.  Yep- TIT.

Pretty sure they both have to quarantine, either in a government facility or alternative state quarantine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mberbae said:

Wife gets to go

home but Husband has to go to a Quarantine Center. 

Thai go into quarantine 14 day

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

So you didn’t call your local thai embassy? 

What would be the reason?

Just now, unheard said:

What would be the reason?

They are your contact point for returning, it’s how you start the process, and they would be able to immediately answer the questions you have with a level of certainty you can’t get on this forum. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

They are your contact point for returning, it’s how you start the process, and they would be able to immediately answer the questions you have with a level of certainty you can’t get on this forum. 

You're mistaken.

The embassy/consulate is the channel for submitting your application.

They have no information, zero, none, nada on the status of your application.

They can't and won't answer those kinds of questions until they (and not you as an applicant) hear back from the MFA in Bangkok.

Only then they will contact you, an applicant, and let you know if your application has been approved or you still need to edit the previously submitted application with any additional or revised documentation via the personalized link that you receive as an acknowledgment of the submitted application.

They have nothing to tell you until they receive a status update on your application from Bangkok.

Edited by unheard

42 minutes ago, unheard said:

You're mistaken.

The embassy/consulate is the channel for submitting your application.

They have no information, zero, none, nada on the status of your application.

They can't and won't answer those kinds of questions until they (and not you as an applicant) hear back from the MFA in Bangkok.

Only then they will contact you, an applicant, and let you know if your application has been approved or you still need to edit the previously submitted application with any additional or revised documentation via the personalized link that you receive as an acknowledgment of the submitted application.

They have nothing to tell you until they receive a status update on your application from Bangkok.

I take it you've started this process by calling the embassy and getting your paperwork going? 

A couple of questions for anyone who may have done re-entry quarantine or knows someone who has done alternative state quarantine:

1. Must you stay in your room for the entire two weeks or are you allowed to walk around the premises? 

2. Are you allowed to stay in the same room with a spouse, or must you stay in separate rooms for the duration?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I take it you've started this process by calling the embassy and getting your paperwork going? 

I've used the on-line form to send out the application.

All my communication with the consulate is done via email.

No calling.

22 minutes ago, bubba said:

A couple of questions for anyone who may have done re-entry quarantine or knows someone who has done alternative state quarantine

https://twitter.com/wayne_hay

• Thanks 1

Permission to leave the easiest part , is o online form if you fall in any of the 4 criterion the form you get the permission, I got mine in 24 hours , but you need to upload your ticked and the COE, really as uponjoe said is the easiest part, the embassy will provide you with lists of approved ASQ ( they around 12 hotels with different prices) all the required information and prices on those hotels website and other list of the approved health insurance , in reality you only need to fill one form that a declaration , and health insurance,  then when you get your COE you send your application for a visa

On 7/4/2020 at 2:09 AM, Mama Noodle said:

An Ozzie friend of mine says the Sydney Consulate says he should be able to fly in on the 19th, and they will hopefully be granting him a fresh non-o. 

He has only the non-o and is permitted back?

Or is he married? Work permit?

3 minutes ago, Berti said:

He has only the non-o and is permitted back?

Or is he married? Work permit?

Married and based on marriage but hasn’t been issued anything yet as his consulate advised him to finish Oz quarantine first

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2020 at 12:28 PM, DrJack54 said:

That sounds VERY cheap. How can you quarantine someone for 14 days with 3 meals/day etc for 37k.

Last time I was there I got rice and curry for less than 40 baht. 

• Like 1