Have you made it back to Thailand

The below answers based on my latest experience with royal Thai embassy in Canberra, each consulate general or embassies got own requirements

1.Already have a visa

If you already have a visa then you need to apply for the COE and other requirements such as ASQ 

2.Buy insurance

Insurance must, as required with your COE application

3.Apply for Certificate of Entry with all copies of ID/marriage asked for

Yes as you must be one of the groups that allowed to enter thailand

4.Book flight

Required with your application for COE, however if you apply through Sydney consulate they will inform you about any " repatriation flight, if available you need to pay for your seat

5.Book quarantine

This required with your COE application, book and make it flexible, but you have to book and can not be cancelled 

6.Get tested

You need free covid 19 certificate from your doctor to be able to bored your flight, when you arrive your ASQ they test you twice as well per the information that sent me when I booked my ASQ

7.Fly to Thailand

As I mentioned booking flight required with your COE application, and with your online permission to leave Australia application

Is this correct?

• Thanks 2

On 7/5/2020 at 3:48 AM, bubba said:

A couple of questions for anyone who may have done re-entry quarantine or knows someone who has done alternative state quarantine:

1. Must you stay in your room for the entire two weeks or are you allowed to walk around the premises? 

2. Are you allowed to stay in the same room with a spouse, or must you stay in separate rooms for the duration?

I haven’t yet attended quarantine but I have asked similar questions. As I understand it: 

1) A Covid-19 PCR test is carried out on arrival or within a day or two of arrival. You must remain in your room until the a negative test is conform. You are then given a wrist band and can use the Hotel Facilities on a ‘booking basis’ i.e. you can use the Gym, which is then sanitized afterwards by staff. You can use the hotel restaurants (socially distanced eating), you can walk the hotel grounds (outside), you are unable to use the pool.

2) Some of the quarantine hotels are offering ‘family rooms’ so I assume you can stay with your family in quarantine. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CLS said:
On 7/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife has called up a couple of the ASQ hotels (Alternate State Quarantine), namely: Centerpoint Thonglor and Siam Mandarina - Both are already accommodating Westerners.

I know this is different from the state quarantine and no specific to returning Australians - however, the ASQ is functioning and foreigners are getting in - There are just no first hand accounts so far, on this forum. 

All top shots. Not really the TVF demographic.

What is TVF demographic? 

Centrepoint Thonglor THB 62,000 for 15 days

Siam Mandarina THB 42,000 for 15 days - only two other places which are cheaper: The Qui Hotel at THB 32,000 and The Kinn Hotel Bangkok at THB 28,500 for 15 days.

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What is TVF demographic? 

Centrepoint Thonglor THB 62,000 for 15 days

Siam Mandarina THB 42,000 for 15 days - only two other places which are cheaper: The Qui Hotel at THB 32,000 and The Kinn Hotel Bangkok at THB 28,500 for 15 days.

Top shots not in terms of money.

CEOs of Japanese companies or other multinational corporations for instance.

Don’t think that they post here, hence not part of the TVF demographic.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, EVAN said:

You need to book ASQ first, then change the date of arrival accordingly

It's not required by the U.S. embassy so YMMV.

And frankly it doesn't make much sense for the embassy in Australia to issue such a requirement.

It could be months before you hear back on your case.

There are already some here on TV who've applied nearly a month ago and still waiting.

Edited by unheard

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I haven’t yet attended quarantine but I have asked similar questions. As I understand it: 

1) A Covid-19 PCR test is carried out on arrival or within a day or two of arrival. You must remain in your room until the a negative test is conform. You are then given a wrist band and can use the Hotel Facilities on a ‘booking basis’ i.e. you can use the Gym, which is then sanitized afterwards by staff. You can use the hotel restaurants (socially distanced eating), you can walk the hotel grounds (outside), you are unable to use the pool.

2) Some of the quarantine hotels are offering ‘family rooms’ so I assume you can stay with your family in quarantine. 

Have a look at the Twitter account in this post, with someone who finished quarantine. 

His stay was at Centre Point where all meals were delivered and he was only allowed out of his room to an outside waiting area for about 40 minutes every second day while housekeeping serviced his room. That would put me off of Centre Point if other hotels are allowing use of amenities such as the gym, the grounds and hotel restaurants.

Better check the true requirements of Quarantine centers through the Government website. I do not believe the above post is correct with being able to use facilities or the restaurant in the location. Makes no sense for it to be different at a supposed 4 star resort versus a government center. Defeats the purpose of a quarantine. But then what do I know as I am not affected as I won't leave Thailand and then return with all the hoops to jump through at this point.

17 minutes ago, bubba said:

Have a look at the Twitter account in this post, with someone who finished quarantine. 

His stay was at Centre Point where all meals were delivered and he was only allowed out of his room to an outside waiting area for about 40 minutes every second day while housekeeping serviced his room. That would put me off of Centre Point if other hotels are allowing use of amenities such as the gym, the grounds and hotel restaurants.

Although they’ve managed to polish the proverbial turd and roll it in glitter, this promo vid from the Siam Mandarina outlines the Quarantine process... 

https://www.facebook.com/siammandarinahotel/videos/3014520698595650/

Personally, I reckon that we’d be allowed to use the restaurant (sitting apart from others) after the first negative Covid-19 test result and use the Gym for one hour per day, on a booking basis where we are alone in the Gym and its cleaned afterwards. I can’t see us being allowed to roam the hotel grounds carefree or use any facilities on a whim. 

• Like 1

Resort Bdms says 

Thank you for your email.

For Package quarantine. We have garden for walking by schedule time. And during cleaning the room. We’ve lounge for waiting while housekeeping team is cleaning or you can walking in garden as well.  Our Fitness and Swimming is closing during quarantine period.

So I guess different hotels have different restrictions 

I am sure they do, as you will be paying more money for the rights to have freedom.  Let's see, does that make Covid any less dangerous if you have money to move freely about....Doh as Homer Simpson would say.  TIT however, money talks and BS walks.

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am sure they do, as you will be paying more money for the rights to have freedom.  Let's see, does that make Covid any less dangerous if you have money to move freely about....Doh as Homer Simpson would say.  TIT however, money talks and BS walks.

A bit sanctimony there, no one is moving freely about [your hyperbolae], they can use allocated areas of the hotel ground for a walk, not congregating in a huddle. 

...Do you want to see quarantinee’s endure solitary confinement? 

Note that a Covid-19 test is taken by all ’arrivals’ prior to taking their flight, another Covid-19 test is taken upon arrival. 

While nothing is water tight the chances of an asymptomatic quarantinee spreading Covid-19 through out the grounds is tiny. Then also note there are additional precautions of regular sanitisation of all areas.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

While nothing is water tight the chances of an asymptomatic quarantinee spreading Covid-19 through out the grounds is tiny. Then also note there are additional precautions of regular sanitisation of all areas

That's what they said about city of Melbourne in Oz. 

Due to poorly train security staff for quarantine hotels, they now have a disaster on their hands. Earlier today borders to Victoria and other AU states were closed.

Much of Melbourne will now enter SIX week locked (announced few hours ago).

There is housing estate with 3000 people in complete lockdown right now.

Sad news for Australians trying to get back to Thailand. Also international borders generally.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While nothing is water tight the chances of an asymptomatic quarantinee spreading Covid-19 through out the grounds is tiny. Then also note there are additional precautions of regular sanitisation of all areas

Due to poorly train security staff for quarantine hotels, they now have a disaster on their hands. Earlier today borders to Victoria and other AU states were closed.

Sad news for Australians trying to get back to Thailand. Also international borders generally.

Think this could be the pattern to come for a long time. 

There will be pockets of outbreak. Unless the lockdown is 100% nothing can be water tight. 

Should the damage to the economy continue? The lock down objectives (at the beginning) were to ensure the Health Services were not overwhelmed with serious cases. 

Now it appears thats some countries are attempting to eradicate the Virus from its shores, while others appear to be investing in the theory of ‘herd immunity’ and hoping that a sufficient proportion of society is slowly exposed to the virus such that the impact is not significant and there is no major ‘second wave’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

A bit sanctimony there, no one is moving freely about [your hyperbolae], they can use allocated areas of the hotel ground for a walk, not congregating in a huddle. 

...Do you want to see quarantinee’s endure solitary confinement? 

Note that a Covid-19 test is taken by all ’arrivals’ prior to taking their flight, another Covid-19 test is taken upon arrival. 

While nothing is water tight the chances of an asymptomatic quarantinee spreading Covid-19 through out the grounds is tiny. Then also note there are additional precautions of regular sanitisation of all areas.... 

And yet the US Military who is arriving is sans Quarantine and will meet with Prayut after they state they are Covid free.  Sanctimony or hyperbole on my part I think not.  Also there have been those that have flown in as repatriated and yet they have to quarantine for 14 days without the freedom to walk around as you say is allowable and not to be in solitary confinement  You can not have it both ways, as in you can not have your cake and eat it too....

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Frankly, even without any training, it ought to have been clear to security staff in Melbourne that having sex with those under quarantine, and then mingling freely in the general community was incredibly stupid. This was a problem of outrageous indiscipline, not a failure to understand the finer points of infection control.

If your point is that similar indiscipline could occur in Thai quarantine, then you are right. If you are saying that allowing those under quarantine to individually exercise outside in the hotel grounds is an unacceptable risk, you are probably wrong (at least if this is properly policed).

• Like 1

Here is a flowchart from the BOI showing the process for gaining entry. In case it can help anyone, also attached is a PDF with the same thing in Thai and English.

Capture.JPG.309d9ba2471175956ed1551bc237a781.JPG

Consideration_for_Entry_Permission_of_Aliens_in_Item_3_5_การพ_จารณาอน_ญาตการเด_นทางเข_าประเทศไทย_200563_Revision_Eng.pdf

• Like 1