are car parts sent to Thailand taxed?

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

They do? I'm looking for a replacement tailgate for my Zeta.

420778610_LightburnZeta.jpg.2081b87d27c17d5079887b6a606e2967.jpg

Even Oz might not have that but for sure Thai guys can make up a copy of more or less anything for classic cars or very old cars. 

Yes and taxed on CIF unless < $50 includes shipping. Generally 35% from western countries. And for highly valuable package may requires you go to BKK cargo hub and look for agent / pay tariff there. 

Because shipping fee is also heavily taxed thus flat parcels are better choice than DHL, UPS etc. 

China, Oz, NZ, Japan have FTA with Thailand, although it is not easy to get form E as individual, but sea feight small parcel from these countries are more likely to be exempted or overlooked. 

For detail official tariff rates from a certain origin country, search here: http://itd.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp Some results may surprise you like I just bought some turbos from China, they're classified as 'machinenary - air pumps' not car parts and FTA exmpted from tariff. 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:35 PM, Damrongsak said:
On 7/4/2020 at 10:50 AM, NanLaew said:

They do? I'm looking for a replacement tailgate for my Zeta.

I thought they didn't have a tailgate.  At least for the base model, you removed the seats to load cargo.

tjwoyh.gif.6e19889c00443c4c16016899aa7dd714.gif

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1