good websites or places to buy car parts? in or outside of Thailand

I typically first do searches on Priceza, Shopee and Lazada to find items and cost spreads; sometimes fine-tuning my keyword search I'll also do a broad google search looking for SEA or Thailand online stores. If it's a mechanical part I really want to find OEM to try and avoid buying junk knockoffs that'll fail.

As the previous poster intimated, where you look will really depend on what car, what part, etc.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:30 AM, Kwasaki said:

Why keep posting questions with no information, what car, what parts, you can get car parts here. 

On 7/4/2020 at 2:40 PM, RichCor said:

I typically first do searches on Priceza, Shopee and Lazada to find items and cost spreads; sometimes fine-tuning my keyword search I'll also do a broad google search looking for SEA or Thailand online stores. If it's a mechanical part I really want to find OEM to try and avoid buying junk knockoffs that'll fail.

As the previous poster intimated, where you look will really depend on what car, what part, etc.

Sorry, I was thinking that if there are any websites in Thailand that sell car parts that it would be like a one stop shop like many websites outside of Thailand are.  I did not know that the websites here that sell car parts are only for specific car parts and not for almost everything. 

Looking for the prices of automatic transmission solenoids or a whole transmission value assembly for a 2011 Hyundai H1 which if like several car part websites outside of Thailand this assembly would include all the solenoids, wiring, etc etc etc. 

4 hours ago, zeekgarcia said:

if there are any websites in Thailand that sell car parts

You can find a 'lot' of things on AliExpress, though shipping fees can skyrocket the price.

But when I'm trying to restrict my web search responses to Thailand the only trick I have is to either translate my search words into Thai (using Google Translate) or restrict the search to .co.th or .th domains ...then rely on Google page translate to render the sites in English/Thainglish, and rely on my wits to find what I'm looking for, and hope I'm not ordering an expensive pin-up-poster.

Likewise, because of those potential high shipping fees, I also rely on my friendly local small car parts shop and ask them to find and price items as they regularly get stuff delivered by bus. I'm also lucky that the big family has friends working as mechanics for the local Isuzu and Toyota dealerships who moonlight for extra cash (or a night of heavy drinking) so if I can't find the parts cheaper then they can use their dealership network contacts along with their employee discount to find and buy parts and I pay them for any work in their off hours.

No point looking at independent part suppliers for the problem you have.

Hyundai Thai HQ is at 92 Vibhavadhi Rangsit Road.

The service manager Khun Kittisuk speaks some English and they generally do a good job.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hyundai+Motor+(Thailand)+Co.,+Ltd./@13.8745254,100.5770578,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xdf916fefa7e98414?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwidjLXI58rqAhXKcJoKHSGKAH8Q_BIwE3oECBEQCA

Your 2011 H1 likely uses a rebadged Nissan RE5R05A transmission.  Aftermarket valve bodies inc. solenoids should be available. Try a transmission rebuilder.  A supplier in Malaysia (Henlai) certainly sells these but I don't know about shipping and import tax.  Cost should be around 10k THB.

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2020 at 4:25 AM, HauptmannUK said:

Your 2011 H1 likely uses a rebadged Nissan RE5R05A transmission.  Aftermarket valve bodies inc. solenoids should be available. Try a transmission rebuilder.  A supplier in Malaysia (Henlai) certainly sells these but I don't know about shipping and import tax.  Cost should be around 10k THB.

Any suggestions on how I can find out if the transmission is really a rebadged nissan?

I asked our some garages and they pointed me to one place that works on transmissions and I went there and they told me they rebuild transmissions but do not rebuild or replace the solenoids etc because of the expense. 

And the problem I am having is with a solenoid.

On 8/15/2020 at 2:32 AM, zeekgarcia said:

Any suggestions on how I can find out if the transmission is really a rebadged nissan?

I asked our some garages and they pointed me to one place that works on transmissions and I went there and they told me they rebuild transmissions but do not rebuild or replace the solenoids etc because of the expense. 

And the problem I am having is with a solenoid.

I'm 99% sure that what you have there is the Nissan/JATCO unit. I have repaired a few in my time.

You can buy aftermarket solenoid sets and they are not expensive.

Check out this seller on eBay.com - he is in China and would possibly ship to Thailand...

Ebay.com item number 222382883208

Compare the illustrations with the solenoids you have. Replacing a solenoid is not difficult.