Thailand’s PM warns opposition MPs not to insult his intelligence

rooster59

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Public sector projects require a lot of investment, we invest under a PPP (Public-Private-Partnership) structure.  There is a transparent bidding process, and the contracts are then signed in accordance with the law,”

Yeah, and just look at how they skated the issue of the Minstry of Finance being Thai airways being a majority State Share holder. Shifted shares by mans of smoke and mirrors to other different publicly State held companies and funds. Transparent hogwash.

In accordance of the law is only as often as you change it to suite your needs. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well he must have a certain amount of intelligence, it takes a lot to come up with all the scams.

Large numbers of extremely dodgy advisers, you don't he's capable of coming up with all those ideas. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There is a transparent bidding process, and the contracts are then signed in accordance with the law,

What he means is :

There is a transparent bidding process, duly ignored , then the contracts are allotted to someone in the military with an outside vested interest , in defiance of the law,

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, I can't find any examples of him being able to speak English either.

It's not a good look for him, is it? 

I recall he did say something to PM David Cameron at a big meeting that they both attended, just a passing few words in a corridor, I think...Can't remember what was said...

5 hours ago, SkyFax said:

Whatever. He though gets the last laugh. You are in his country; he is not in yours.

The last laugh is that he is not in our countries. Mostly because he probably can't get a visa.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut graduated with a bachelor of science degree from Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy. Like his direct predecessor, Anupong Paochinda, and former defence minister Prawit Wongsuwan, Prayut is a member of the army's "eastern tigers" faction.  

Our Khun Prayut studied in Class 12 of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School before moving on to Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy in Class 23.

A former commander of the 2nd Infantry Battalion of the 21st Infantry Regiment, he has also held the posts of commander of the 21st Infantry Regiment, commander of the 2nd Infantry Division, and commander of the First Army Area. He was later promoted to Army chief-of-staff then deputy Army chief, eventually assuming the top post of Army commander-in-chief.

Khun Prayut is the chief of the National Council for Peace and Order 

Our Khun Prayut Chan O Cha became the prime minister and NCPO chief in August 2014.

YOUR "Khun" Prayut...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, I can't find any examples of him being able to speak English either.

It's not a good look for him, is it? 

I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance between him being PM, having a 'bachelor of science degree' and speaking English. He's the PM of Thailand so whether he can speak english or not is largely irrelevant. In fact I would probably say he would get more browny points from China for not speaking English.

Could Trump or Boris speak Thai, Mandarin or Russian?

I'm no fan of Prayut and think he should have gone long ago, but I'm not going to hate on him for not speaking English.

Edited by Patts
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Are there still any opposition MPs?

I thought they had banned, jailed or bought them all.

This is what I would call a fair remark from a good political observer ????

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut graduated with a bachelor of science degree from Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy. Like his direct predecessor, Anupong Paochinda, and former defence minister Prawit Wongsuwan, Prayut is a member of the army's "eastern tigers" faction.  

Our Khun Prayut studied in Class 12 of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School before moving on to Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy in Class 23.

A former commander of the 2nd Infantry Battalion of the 21st Infantry Regiment, he has also held the posts of commander of the 21st Infantry Regiment, commander of the 2nd Infantry Division, and commander of the First Army Area. He was later promoted to Army chief-of-staff then deputy Army chief, eventually assuming the top post of Army commander-in-chief.

Khun Prayut is the chief of the National Council for Peace and Order 

Our Khun Prayut Chan O Cha became the prime minister and NCPO chief in August 2014.

You left out the parts about all the Thai Civilian deaths he is responsible for as head of the Army. The Thai Army has only victories against the Thai people.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Patts said:

He has a "bachelor of science degree" but what is the subject is the degree?

Having a Degree is no sign of intelligence especially in South East Asia where a brown envelope will get you a PHD, driving licence, planning permission, murder charges dropped. It's meaningless. 

Not if it is from Singapore I think  ????.

• Haha 1