CCSA calls for vigilance as holiday weekend sparks fears of new COVID-19 infections

rooster59

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have to ask myself, do any other countries have no local transmissions, or is Thailand really special, that said if I believe whatsaI'd  I am supposed to believe, then that would make me stupid, I think ????

Remember that it was said all foreigners should be kicked out. Maybe they won't return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Surely it's not Covid-19 that needs to be feared this weekend, but rather the carnage on the roads.....

Yes more people will die in traffic accidents than cv19 has taken since it started 6 months or so ago...

so be aware of covid!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How can there be new infections when noone has had it for nearly 40 days? Anyhow it is not deadly as they said in the beginning and is far less of a threath than flu. So why the emergency powers? Why the closure of Bars and clubs at 12 midnight? Is COVID a nockturnal virus? Another agenda!!!!! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

How can there be new infections when noone has had it for nearly 40 days? Anyhow it is not deadly as they said in the beginning and is far less of a threath than flu. So why the emergency powers? Why the closure of Bars and clubs at 12 midnight? Is COVID a nockturnal virus? Another agenda!!!!! 

Yesterday there was 53,301 people who disagreed with you in America and 624 who'd have liked to but were no longer alive.

I am perplexed.

No domestic covid for over 1 month and now just travelling will cause covid 19 !  

So where is it coming from ? Is it hidden in someone's pocket ? hahaha.

If it isnt in Thailand. Then 7 million people have no problem travelling around !!

That report by the CCSA is utter nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Yesterday there was 53,301 people who disagreed with you in America and 624 who'd have liked to but were no longer alive.

and  102  avg died on American roads also, still Thailand tries its  best with a  paltry 65 or  so daily.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

It's a fact that the virus spreads most effectively in crowded, enclosed spaces where people raise their voices. That's why crowded entertainment venues have been the source of new outbreaks in countries that thought they had the problem under control, most notably South Korea recently and Thailand back in March. So people throwing noisy, crowded family or neighbourhood parties are creating an environment in which the virus might be able thrive. There asymptomatic carriers who have the virus but don't show any obvious symptoms. Short of mass-testing, which the government claims it cannot afford, nobody knows how many of these there are in the country. If they go about their daily lives following the normal hygiene, face mask and distancing protocols, then they probably won't infect anybody, but at a crowded party with lots of music and alcohol people naturally forget about the precautions and the CCSA is rightly concerned about the possibility that they may start a fresh outbreak.

The asymptomatic carriers would no longer have the virus by now as they would’ve fought it off. It doesn’t remain active for life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hobz said:

Obviously no confirmed infections doesn't mean there's not a few people out there with mild or no symptoms.

Maybe, but they’ve been wandering around among us for over 38 days now and nobody has seemingly become infected. Now I’m even more confused. Lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Meanwhile Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said the mass exodus of people to rural areas could result in a surge of new COVID-19 infections, therefore, people need to exercise caution and continue to be vigilant at all times.

Queue mass farang finger pointing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Not sure this makes quite hence in Thailand.  People have been gathering for months within friends places.  Clubs are opened and crowded.  Having seen in around Thong lor, so why throw that precauation?  KTV are opened till late as well.

exactly. social distancing is pretty much non existent in thailand now. which is fair enough as there are no cases of it now.

• Like 1

Thailand does not have the worry that North Dakota had with the Trump

inspired gathering, no face masks required, and Whoopee !,  free fireworks

to watch as you start sneezing and coughing with your newly acquired

case of Covid 19 courtesy of Trump and gang. Don't worry Thailand your

highway deaths will do well over the weekend. Good luck for the rest

of 2020 and your return to High Season in the late Fall.

Geezer

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have to ask myself, do any other countries have no local transmissions, or is Thailand really special, that said if I believe what I am supposed to believe, then that would make me stupid, I think ????

New Zealand have had no new vases for longer time than Thailand so far, NZ also had, or still have(?), very strict border controls.

According to WHO a country if free of Covid-19 after 30 days with no new reported cases. According to that definition Thailand should be safe now, as long as borders are kept under strict control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 people died in Thailand in about 5 months. I don't know but I'm sure 

Most of them are very old 

As far as I'm concerned 

It's all big noise for absolutely nothing 

And I don't really care what would anyone might say. Mass brainwash panic. Total Distraction of tourism and economy 

Over flu.... Great job... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Meanwhile Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said the mass exodus of people to rural areas could result in a surge of new COVID-19 infections, therefore, people need to exercise caution and continue to be vigilant at all times.

With no domestic infections for well over 30 days where is it going to stem from ?

Pure scaremongering !

More will die on the roads but that's acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bodga said:

and  102  avg died on American roads also, still Thailand tries its  best with a  paltry 65 or  so daily.

Pretty usless comparison when comparing 300,000,000 against 70,000,000. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Traubert said:

Hooray!

Post number 6.

This is where the Thai government and the fancy Generals are badly at fault, They boast about how they have kept the virus at bay, sit round a table and make up 22 stupid rules for bars reopening, and yet don't have the brains to do anything about the carnage on the roads.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jvs said:

Remember back when a lot of people went back to the provinces because they lost their jobs?

There was a lot of talk back then about these people going to infect the elderly and

a lot of people would get the virus?

I did not happen then and i  predict it will not happen now.

Maybe the government will say it has happened as an excuse for more power trips, it would not surprise me at all.

'Listen to us people, we know best".  :clap2:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bodga said:

Thailand is similar to Britain as far as population is concerned, America has many millions more.

On 7/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, Moon6966 said:

58 people died in Thailand in about 5 months. I don't know but I'm sure 

Most of them are very old 

As far as I'm concerned 

It's all big noise for absolutely nothing 

And I don't really care what would anyone might say. Mass brainwash panic. Total Distraction of tourism and economy 

Over flu.... Great job... 

The virus that has swept across Europe and that is in the Americas is certainly not 'the flu' - In the US over 120,000 people have died in 6 months, and that's with lockdown, social distancing, borders being closed etc. 80,000 people die annually in the US from influenza, and that is with no lockdown or other measures in place  

The proof of the pudding will be in about 14 days time, the number of people on Jomtien beach with no masks and no social distancing is amazing. If no new numbers then we should have some confidence that Thailand is Covid free.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:29 PM, Traubert said:

I'll excuse your stupidity. I am referring to COVID in Thailand amongst the populous, of which there are no cases! If anyone who is not a US general or has political clout or money tries to come here they will have to be quarentined for 14 days. Also, COVID 19 was never a Pandemic. Many eminent virologists, Consultants and emergency room doctors have saif it's impact would not even be equal to the Flu. The fact that doctors were told to illegally put everyone that died down as dying of COVID has now been recognised as illegal and foctors and hospitals are being sued where families could not claim compensation for diseases like asbestosis ( a lot in NY since 9/11) who cannot claim. Also victims of accidents who also cannot claim as their death certificate says they died of COVID. Soon the preverbial excrement will hit the fan and the exaggerations like in Italy and Spain will also be revealed in UK, US , and Germany along with many more.