Southern Thailand: Drugs busts in the billions

Southern Thailand: Drugs busts in the billions

drugs.JPG

Image: Daily News

Police in the southern Thai province of Naratiwas announced arrests and seizures in two large cases.

In the first a lorry load of crystal meth or ice was intercepted in the Moonoh police district after a tip off that there was a delivery to Sungei Kolok on the border. 

Khamron, 35, and Somchai, 34, were caught in possession of 1,400 kilograms of "ice"  that Daily News said was worth a billion baht.

They intended to give it to a man called "Wae" in the border town. 

In the second case a heroin distribution network in the Sungei Kolok area was busted.

A man called Wanaslan and six cohorts were arrested and 6.3 kilos of heroin was taken into evidence. 

The gang said they were working for a foreign investor. 

Houses and land, nine motor vehicles and four motorcycles all worth 20 million baht were seized in connection with this case. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-04

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

drugs.JPG

Image: Daily News

That's a lot more than 1,400 kilos of ice and 6.3 kilos of heroin.

I'm really glad that the 'stuff' is off the streets, but Daily News didn't need to spice up the article with a false photo. (That's probably from when they were informing the public about the big drugs bonfire)

Just imagine if this is caught how much is not caught. Seems like there are countless people using. 

Yet unlike what people think there are not that many addicts out on the streets. Seems like a lot are holding a job or whatever and using. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I'm really glad that the 'stuff' is off the streets, but Daily News didn't need to spice up the article with a false photo. (That's probably from when they were informing the public about the big drugs bonfire)

Dont worry  though they managed to drag in the filthy "foreign investors" 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just imagine if this is caught how much is not caught. Seems like there are countless people using. 

Yet unlike what people think there are not that many addicts out on the streets. Seems like a lot are holding a job or whatever and using. 

Well maybe in Thailand come to Australia, drugs are more common in traffic accidents

then alcohol and most murders and break ins and assaults are caused by drugs.

9 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Well maybe in Thailand come to Australia, drugs are more common in traffic accidents

then alcohol and most murders and break ins and assaults are caused by drugs.

I don't know what relation there is in Thailand. Alcohol is a big problem in traffic in Thailand. No idea about other drugs. 

As for break ins and assualts I would not know. But given the huge amounts consumed if it was really super bad we would have seen far more in the news. So a large part of the people seem to have a normal life when using drugs. Same like with alcohol.

Anyone driving with drugs or alcohol should be tossed in jail for a long time. Selfish bastards. I have no problem with drug use (alcohol included) but the moment someone bothers others while high or drunk they should be treated the same and put in jail if there is enough cause.

I don't feel that drug use as such should be a crime as long as they don't operate a vehicle or commit crimes. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

after a tip off that there was a delivery to Sungei Kolok on the border. 

Didn't do FA other than act on a tip. Off their "backsides" for a kickbacked wait for arrival at the SK border check :dry:

Edited by Dap

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Where's all the 'Thai Police sat on their backsides' crew now?

They were on there backsides until they were Called , Informed by a Dobber, Informer ,Snitch, (Dog) of some Real Goodies . 

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Khamron, 35, and Somchai, 34, were caught in possession of 1,400 kilograms of "ice"  that Daily News said was worth a billion baht.

And the money men?

As usual thy get the drivers, why not do some real work and find the top men?

On 7/4/2020 at 1:47 AM, AgMech Cowboy said:

Looks like 1.4 tonnes to me...could easily fit in a Toyota.