Butter alternative for cooking

digital

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

For Thai food, use Rice Bran Oil. It does not overpower the taste of the other ingredients like Olive Oil can.

You’re right. As an alternative, I sometimes use Sunflower oil, which has good qualities such as Viamin B, which protects the heart, High in Carbohydrates and low in Protein, also softens flavors, for example to fry potatoes, make mayonnaise or eat in salads.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tarteso said:

You’re right. As an alternative, I sometimes use Sunflower oil, which has good qualities such as Viamin B, which protects the heart, High in Carbohydrates and low in Protein, also softens flavors, for example to fry potatoes, make mayonnaise or eat in salads.

The Mrs. like coconut oil (a bit pricier brand than the usual fare, though). Me, I like my olive oil and butter, and think that every 3-5 years we're told everything we knew about nutrition, diets and such is totally wrong.

• Like 1

I'm using King Rice Bran Oil shortening to replace margarine and half of the butter sometimes.

Any palm oil product doesn't come into my kitchen. Probably eating enough of that <deleted> when dining outside...

• Like 2