Thai lottery only for Thai

khunkarl

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Oh dear, talking of simple..........you think it's because of xenophobia and because they want to be the master race.  And you have a very strong conviction of this and would even post about it with an exclamation mark!  But you are too simple to actually look in to it or even just read some replies otherwise you would have found out that foreigners can indeed collect lottery winnings.

In many other counties (like the UK) you have to be a resident to play, but not Thailand.

I am sure you will be along any minute now to admit your mistake.  Or more likely you are bouncing around in other threads slagging off the Thais based on your own misconceptions and prejudice.

Buzz me if you return.

He is right, Krung Thai bank are xenophobic, even racist in some of the policies. 

14 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Only Thais registered with the GLO are permitted to sell lottery tickets. All vendors must be at least 20 years old

Something I would like to do part-time when I retire. 

Edited by Neeranam

My brother in law won half million baht a few years ago. He had no bank account at the time. The process was he went to the lotto office in the provincial town who gave him a cheque minus the fee. The agent then accompanied him to the bank where the lotto account was and cashed the cheque for him.

He the went to the first Toyota dealer in town and bought a pickup.

I am with Krung Thai 3 years now, never been treated any other way but professionaly and courtiously.

When I moved from the UK 8 years ago the UK lottery website stopped me buying tickets as I had done for years, it instantly knew I was no longer in the UK.

Edited by Saltire

I believe that the savings (1% against 3%) are because the money can be paid directly

into a bank account rather than in cash, perhaps the OP doesn't have an account,hence

the mentioning of a work permit in order to open one.*

In the UK anyone in the country, of any nationality, can buy and claim a prize if lucky

enough to win. You can also buy up to 4 weeks of tickets in advance and claim a prize

even if abroad when the draw is made, provided you were in the UK when you bought 

the ticket.

You can buy a ticket on line and use direct debit to continuously buy the ticket for 

longer than 4 weeks, I'm not sure for how long, but my parents did so when they went

on a cruise from the UK to Oz and that was 13 weeks, again you need to be physically

in the UK when setting up the instruction.

*It seems that I didn't read the OP correctly and he does have an account.

More speculation! Perhaps the branch wasn't aware of the law concerning

foreigners buying lotto tickets.

Edited by shy coconut
Additional

On 7/4/2020 at 5:06 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Ozlotto tickets online are about 50% dearer if not a resident.

I buy against Aussie address at Aussie rates. 

????????????

I just tried to buy the Lott which is now has a prize of $50 million and I cannot buy it, it doesn't allow me in so how do you get around it, the list of countries it doesn't allow you to buy from is in the link, i.e. they shut us down.

https://help.thelott.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000894894

On 7/4/2020 at 3:58 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

Rubbish, my nephew won about 10.000 dollars and he is not Australian citizen or resident

Update: Just to note I tried to buy a ticket for the Lott now online, it has a prize of $50 million and I know I provided you with a list of countries that you cannot buy from if you are outside Australia, this latest list includes Thailand.

I take it your friend would have been in Australia when he won or made it before they added Thailand to the banned list ?

Rubbish ? https://help.thelott.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000894894

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Update: Just to note I tried to buy a ticket for the Lott now online, it has a prize of $50 million and I know I provided you with a list of countries that you cannot buy from if you are outside Australia, this latest list includes Thailand.

I take it your friend would have been in Australia when he won or made it before they added Thailand to the banned list ?

Rubbish ? https://help.thelott.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000894894

I have a running weekly subscription to set for life, I won div 3 about 3 months ago...... along with a 4 others, They put my $2000 winning straight into my account.

I use tunnelbear VPN  to log into my account.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, newatthis said:

Incorrect. You can buy tickets online from any reputable seller and winning prizes are yours.

https://australia.national-lottery.com/information

I tried to go online to buy the Lott from Australia, however as Thailand is banned from buying tickets direct as per the list https://help.thelott.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000894894

I went to your site above and it appears to be very pricy, i.e. 9 games from Oz is $21.80, but the site you provided charge like $12USD for one game, does that sound right ?

I am thinking of getting my daughter back in Oz to use my username and password to buy me tickets and pay from her account and them I will transfer the funds, more than one way of skinning the cat, me thinks ?

2 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Years ago i visited me Ozz Chum in Hospital who was in from his yearly big bike crash. His Vett at home was 333. Spotted these numbers on legal sellers board outside and won 20K being totally clueless.

Vett ?

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I tried to go online to buy the Lott from Australia, however as Thailand is banned from buying tickets direct as per the list https://help.thelott.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000894894

I went to your site above and it appears to be very pricy, i.e. 9 games from Oz is $21.80, but the site you provided charge like $12USD for one game, does that sound right ?

I am thinking of getting my daughter back in Oz to use my username and password to buy me tickets and pay from her account and them I will transfer the funds, more than one way of skinning the cat, me thinks ?

You could try Netlotto and Ozlotteries; Thailand is not banned in either of these.

All the best.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, newatthis said:

You could try Netlotto and Ozlotteries; Thailand is not banned in either of these.

All the best.

Mate, you are a Godsend, I just Googled Oz Lotteries and gave it a go, and you wouldn't believe it, I purchased the $50 million Oz Lotto first, with all of my details saved on their server, then I went back in a 2nd time and purchased the $80 million Powerball and it worked again W-T-F-:)

I have book marked the address as I cannot for the life of me understand why I haven't been able to buy tickets online for a while, there has got to be an explanation to this, maybe it's just Oz Lotto the site I was previously registered with, they were in the NT ?

Anyways thanks for info it worked and if I win a major prize on either of the above, expect a PM asking for your account details for a large deposit, what goes around, comes around ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I have a running weekly subscription to set for life, I won div 3 about 3 months ago...... along with a 4 others, They put my $2000 winning straight into my account.

I use tunnelbear VPN  to log into my account.

See #43 & #44 success, no need for tunnelbear, straight in thanks to a reply from Newatthis ????

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

See #43 & #44 success, no need for tunnelbear, straight in thanks to a reply from Newatthis ????

Great news, I cannot log into my lott.com account without a VPN..luckily tunnel bear is free for the usage I require.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 6:03 AM, Saltire said:

When I moved from the UK 8 years ago the UK lottery website stopped me buying tickets as I had done for years, it instantly knew I was no longer in the UK.

You can use a VPN service to get a UK IP address.  Then they will still think you are in the UK and you can buy tickets. 

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I just tried to buy the Lott which is now has a prize of $50 million and I cannot buy it, it doesn't allow me in so how do you get around it, the list of countries it doesn't allow you to buy from is in the link, i.e. they shut us down.

https://help.thelott.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000894894

Try 'Netlotto' no problems have used for years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dodgybros said:

Try 'Netlotto' no problems have used for years

I tried Oz Lotteries, even had all my personal details from before, in and out like Flynn, I am sure Netlotto would be the same, would just have to create a log in plus put in my account details, cheers

Years ago, my first GF in Thailand and I were drinking at an outdoor bar. Along came a little old lady with her lottery ticket case. The GF goes, ooh, can we get a ticket? I asked are farangs allowed to play? She goes, well, you can buy it, but I need to go to the office for you if you win. Haha.

That might've worked if I had come to Thailand a few years earlier. But not when Google can confirm it in about 10 seconds. Thus it wasn't long after, this and other things had me looking into a new GF.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Only problem there is you have to be a resident, if you have retained your residency, i.e. live here and there for less than 183 days a year, your good to go, over the 183 day rule and expect a court battle.

Most countries want you to be a resident when buying a lottery in that country. I know about Australia because it won't allow me to access buying a ticket when I use Google as it takes my location and say nope, but when I use a different browser that shows Australia as my location it allows me to buy, and if I ever did win, I would say squat about where I live, would be on the next flight back to collect, but my first option would be to have my duaghter who lives there collect it as if it's here ticket, while I am on my way, too easy ????

wrong, I have been getting my lotto tickets for all the years I have been here, its done automatically through my aussie bank account and ozlotteries.com, I win small prizes every so often 

1 hour ago, seajae said:

wrong, I have been getting my lotto tickets for all the years I have been here, its done automatically through my aussie bank account and ozlotteries.com, I win small prizes every so often 

Correct, you will find out as you read on the following posts as I have done, that Oz lotteries do allow overseas residents to buy, however some of the other sites don't, which is the problem I had, I subsequently found out that although my registration and login details and bank account details remained in tact with Oz lotteries from before, i.e. October 2018, so it worked when I tried it from here.

I don't know what happened but I ended up using the Lott or some website like that in NT and it kicked me out after a while, picking up my location as being on the list in Thailand, so what I have found out is it depends which site/company you use, with me thinking they were all the same.