Angry Samui Expats?

On 7/4/2020 at 4:59 PM, RickNew said:

But.....I have come across an unusually high number of “angry expats” here on Samui.

Expats best avoided. I once visited an expat club in Pattaya and they were very unfriendly. Never went back.

Thai ladies are always friendly if one has cash to flash.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Expats best avoided. I once visited an expat club in Pattaya and they were very unfriendly. Never went back.

Thai ladies are always friendly if one has cash to flash.

Are you an expat by any chance? ????

Just asking.

Edited by Tmoney
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 11:59 AM, RickNew said:

But.....I have come across an unusually high number of “angry expats” here on Samui.  They seem very quick to loose their tempers and engage in a shouting matches over very trivial matters.  Has the Covid situation caused more stress in the expat community or is this normal behavior for expats on Samui?  Or maybe I’ve just had a bit of bad luck these last 30 days?

Maybe you had simply had the misfortune to encounter them in an angry state following their latest trip to their rogue immigration office.

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

Maybe you had simply had the misfortune to encounter them in an angry state following their latest trip to their rogue immigration office.

It hasn't been that way since it moved (several years ago!).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

It hasn't been that way since it moved (several years ago!).

Indeed, I agree, I am currently in the process of applying for a my first visa extension and the staff, one in particular, is being most professional and helpful. (I may change my mind if my application is refused next week). ????

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 9:50 AM, orchis said:

Five years ago I noticed a big cocaine issue with the expats there.

Most "cocaine" sold on Samui is a Chinese knockoff, verified by EZ test. I don't remember the exact name of that stuff, I moved from Samui ~3 years ago. And I've never found a real stuff there.

But had a success in Chiang Mai BTW ????

• 2 weeks later...