Drunk man drowns in a puddle in Rayong

rooster59

503279.jpg

Image: Naewna

Rescue services called police after a 62 year old man was found face down dead in a puddle in the Nikhom Pattana sub-district of Rayong in eastern Thailand. 

Sawaeng, originally from Udon Thani, was found ten meters off the main road by a trader on a motorcycle with sidecar.

There were no injuries on the body and medical teams at the scene determined initially that the victim had probably been drinking heavily and fallen over in the puddle and died from drowning. 

His face was submerged and only the back portion of his body was out of the water. 

Later information given to police indicated that the man was near his home and had been drinking with friends nearby.

Relatives accepted the findings.

Source: Naewna

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-04

Thank god he only took out himself because of his heavy drinking. Sad but at least he did not operate a vehicle. He must have been totally <deleted> to have this happen to him. Heavy alcoholic i guess. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I know that its physically possible if you were being held down or if you wanted to drown .

But if you were just drunk , would your natural reaction to be to turn over so that you could breath ?

I have no idea, I don't drink alcohol!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PatOngo said:
27 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I know that its physically possible if you were being held down or if you wanted to drown .

But if you were just drunk , would your natural reaction to be to turn over so that you could breath ?

I have no idea, I don't drink alcohol!

I have no idea, I've never been held down in a puddle.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Thank god he only took out himself because of his heavy drinking. Sad but at least he did not operate a vehicle. He must have been totally <deleted> to have this happen to him. Heavy alcoholic i guess. 

Probably not, full-blown alcoholics don't get that drunk anymore : they drink lots just to feel normal. A lush or binge drinker maybe, or somebody who on that day drunk way beyond what his body is used to , staggered home, and had the 'good fortune' to totally black out in the middle of the biggest puddle around. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Drunk? Must've been paralytic   Drunk 

A person has alcohol poisoning if they have consumed a toxic amount of alcohol, usually over a short period. Their blood alcohol level is so high it is considered toxic (poisonous). The person can become extremely confused, unresponsive, disoriented, have shallow breathing, and can even pass out or go into a coma.

Seen almost the same thing happen to a neighbor of mine in Lopburi.  He was an alcoholic.  I guess came home one night late, fell into a puddle, no one saw him until daybreak.  And this was in his front yard.  

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Is it possible to drown in a puddle ?

Absolutely, especially if you've had such a skinful that you're body shuts down and litteraly cannot do anything. He walked [staggered] as far as his consciousness would allow then just hit the deck, unfortunately it was the wrong spot to collapse!

• Sad 1

On 7/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, CorpusChristie said:

Is it possible to drown in a puddle ?

He must have been able to walk to get to the puddle , so he wouldnt have been completely incapacitated ?

Would the natural instinct be to try to move if you couldnt breathe ?

Perhaps he collapsed comatose.

• Like 1