Repatriation Flight USA to BKK - Wife Booked - Seats!!

11 hours ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

After a bit of paperwork and several phone calls and emails, my Thai National Wife is BOOKED!  She was approved in June, but waited until July to go.

What kind of paperwork or other requirements did the wife have to meet in order to get cleared for the flight?

And once she arrives back in TH, what kind of a quarantine situation is she going to be required to meet?

• Like 1

Most of the information came in the form of emails from the Thailand Embassy in DC.  The travel agents weren't  much help.  

I submitted for her - all on-line:

1.  Copy of Thai Passport

2.  Basic information about where she lives in Bangkok.

3.  Basic information about her status here in the USA.

That was about it.  She got "qualified status" in early June.  But she was not ready to go in June, so she waited until July.  It took her a couple of days to decide on which flight.  Some of her friends left on the first Cathay flight.

She will be in 14-day Quarantine in BKK at a hotel to be determined.

She was 'ok' with all of this.  Her parents in Nong Khai are not doing well.  I think her Mother is waiting for her to come back so she can die.  But who knows.

I'm happy to answer any questions, but it was really easy.

Best wishes -- stay safe, salty and sane.

steve

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

Most of the information came in the form of emails from the Thailand Embassy in DC. 

Just curious, do you know if the DC Embassy is accepting ALL such applications within the U.S., or are the handful of official TH consulates also doing the same role for their respective geographic areas... Last I heard, I'm not sure the consulates were even open...

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just curious, do you know if the DC Embassy is accepting ALL such applications within the U.S., or are the handful of official TH consulates also doing the same role for their respective geographic areas... Last I heard, I'm not sure the consulates were even open...

Washington DC thai consulate are dealing with it but the paperwork needs to be done online initially for the Certificate of Entry. I have a copy of all the paperwork if you are interested.  Email me on [email protected]

3 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

Washington DC thai consulate are dealing with it but the paperwork needs to be done online initially for the Certificate of Entry. I have a copy of all the paperwork if you are interested.  Email me on [email protected]

I think I was asking if the application process only is being handled by the Embassy in DC for everyone anywhere in the U.S.  Or are the 4 regional consulates also providing the same service themselves?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The 3 official consulates can process the applications and issue the certificate. I think all of them are open now.

The LA website has info. https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/coronavirus_eng/

• Thanks 1

Hello & Aloha.

A lot of good information here, and the gentleman above seems to have all the paperwork handy.  I think he's gone through this process.

NOTE:  We had the wrong last name on her application, that did NOT match her passport correctly. The Embassy LA said for things of importance, talk with the Thai Embassy DC.  So I did leave a voice message and sent an email, and they quickly fixed the problem.

While they encourage you to deal with your "local Embassy" like  Los Angeles for us --- the best,  quickest and most accurate information comes from Thai Embassy DC.  Their voice mail box is always full, but when I leave a message I do get a quick response.

I have no idea when I can  go to Thailand.  We are not legally married in Thailand, only USA.

Yes, Maui is nice but we are "dead as a doorknob" with no tourists.

Best Aloha Wishes To All,

Steve

1 hour ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

I have no idea when I can  go to Thailand.  We are not legally married in Thailand, only USA.

Steve,

you can legalize your U.S. marriage through the consulate.

There's some paperwork involved and it takes quite a bit of time to get your documents processed via the post office but it's doable.

6 hours ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

Your marriage does not have to be registered here in Thailand to get a non-o visa and then the certificate of residency. Your marriage is recognized by Thailand.

You only have to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to apply for a one year extension at immigration.

6 hours ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

While they encourage you to deal with your "local Embassy" like  Los Angeles for us

Los Angeles is a official Thai consulate. The only embassy is in Washington DC.

Aloha and Many Thanks,

Good to know -- but I will just stay here on Maui, Hawaii.  She's going back to take care of very sick parents in Nong Khai and I would just sit at our condo in BKK and drink too much beer.

I'm fine and will go when I can later in the year or next year.

Best Wishes -- Stay Safe, Salty & Sane!

Steve