Anyone got a WP3 since April 2020?

My lawyer was ready to submit all docs to the Dept of Labour (in Samui/Suratthani) in late March, when he got the reply that they're not issuing WP3's until further notice.  Since then, he's checked multiple times but they haven't started issuing them again yet.  I've also made contact with other folks in other provinces (BKK) who have the same issue.  Some people though claim it's not true that they're not issuing WP3's, but I have yet to meet someone who has actually obtained one since April.

So here's my question:  IF YOU HAVE OBTAINED A WP3 SINCE APRIL 2020, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD STATING THE DATE AND LOCATION WHERE YOUR WP3 WAS ISSUED.  THANK YOU.

The background (for those interested) is this:  My wife, daughter, and I were planning to move to Samui from Europe this summer.  At this point, my daughter and wife could get CoE's and student/guardian visas.  But you can get only one guardian visa per student, and we have only one kid.  So I have to get a work permit, it's the only way.  But the embassies won't issue a Non-B (and CoE) unless you have a WP3.  

They probably are not issuing WP3's since they think nobody can enter the country.

Have you asked the embassy if they will accept them to get a certificate of entry. If yes maybe you could get something from them that can be shown to the work permit office.

I hear from the Embassy that there are no WP3 yet, the only one way is to ask for a permission to employ foreigners at the international Ministry of foreign affairs which will repace at the moment the WP3!

The issuing of this permission is very selective at the moment as the news regulations said.

Maybe we have to be patient until it relaxes a little..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nera123 said:

I hear from the Embassy that there are no WP3 yet, the only one way is to ask for a permission to employ foreigners at the international Ministry of foreign affairs which will repace at the moment the WP3!

The issuing of this permission is very selective at the moment as the news regulations said.

How do you ask for this permission at the MFA? And where can I see these new regulations? My lawyer probably isn't aware of this, so if I can point him in the right direction that would help

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They probably are not issuing WP3's since they think nobody can enter the country.

Have you asked the embassy if they will accept them to get a certificate of entry. If yes maybe you could get something from them that can be shown to the work permit office.

Embassy requires WP3.  They're not very flexible or common-sensical.  If I get the WP3, then I'll get the CoE, else not, so I am told.

I am also experiencing the same problem my employer has a BOI company and he said can’t get me the WP3 acceptance letter. I’m in Bangkok already on a tourist visa for now.

richard burrows said I can get the non b inside Thailand and that “ his school concerts tourist to non b visas all the time” but clearly this isn’t the case for none schools / BOI / Foreign companies set up here looking to hire foreigners.

cant even fly out to get the non b because I’d be forced to do the 14 days quarantine. 

litterslly don’t know what to do I feel like I can only hope they extend the amnesty AND then start issuing WP3 letters AND then scrap the 14 day quarantine for all this to fall into place for my job.

wishful thinking for all that to happen it’s such a stressful situation as flying back home to coronaland (UK) just seems like the last place you’d want to be in right now..

OP... if you do hear any news please do let me know I would appreciate it!

Edited by Jackcwba
C

16 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

richard burrows said I can get the non b inside Thailand and that “ his school concerts tourist to non b visas all the time” but clearly this isn’t the case for none schools / BOI / Foreign companies set up here looking to hire foreigners.

Richard Barrow also said that the consulate in Toronto is issuing Non-B's without a WP3: https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1279048857662312448 

In fact, I was told in the past that the WP3 isn't a strict requirement for a Non-B, and there were some consulates that didn't require them.  However, I would also need a CoE right now, and the MFA might well require a WP3 for issuing that ...

Edited by leola74
link inserted incorrectly

6 hours ago, Wars said:

I got a WP3 letter from Sisaket near the end of May. My agency did it for me. Same with another person I know got one as well. They mailed it back to our home countries to apply for a new visa since our old one expired. 

Wow! Can you tell me the name of your agency? Maybe they can help me!

• Like 1

I am in a similar situation. I left Thailand end of March and my WP expired in May. However, I asked my staff before if the can extend it in my absence and it was confirmed that this is possible.

So they filled the application in BKK, got a receipt of payment and were told that the stamp will be fixed once I am back in Thailand. (You need the WP for check-in so the book is with me).

Unfortunately my application for a COE was denied from Thai Consulate in Frankfurt due to the missing stamp in my book, although I have a WP since 14 years.

Lot of sympathy from Consulate but without current WP no COE.

In the light of a 14 days very expensive alternative state quarantine I am anyhow hesitating to return right now, but on the long run I have to go back to take care my business.

Hoping conditions will change soon.

Yeah, I am in need of the WP3 acceptance letter if you could advise the agency that helped with it that would be great and how much it cost u?

and then I would have to get the non b but that requires me getting a non b from an embassy outside Thailand. I’m in Bangkok now so it’s not ideal or cost effective to leave and then pay to quarantine.. really in a bad spot right now and no idea when the announcement for amnesty will be or how long quarentine will last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackcwba said:

but that requires me getting a non b from an embassy outside Thailand.

I am not sure if you really have to leave Thailand and apply at an embassy outside - Ubonjoe is the right person to address this question.