BANGKOK

And nobody here is even able to list the nice Thai guy with small shop in the soi in front of land department soi, when crossing third road ?

Sorry i forgot the name, but anybody living in Pattaya and knowing what he is talking about usually list this shop as the best and cheapest.

• Like 1

Just now, salsajapan said:

Top charoen just are the worst and most expensive in Thailand, great choice !

I didn't recommend them, just pointed out where there was one close to the OP's area.

9 hours ago, johng said:

I buy from first optic for many years already, very friendly guy, and very correct in business.

Last 2 sets of progressive lenses I bought from him were Hoya, but it is a very strong material.

Don't remember the exact name but think they are called CR36.

Use them in a frameless frame, and they have no coatings, hence also after several years of use not the slightest scratch.

He explained to me that the coating is actually why you get scratches, because coatings are soft.

Price is 3500 Baht a pair

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Susco said:

I buy from first optic for many years already, very friendly guy, and very correct in business.

Last 2 sets of progressive lenses I bought from him were Hoya, but it is a very strong material.

Don't remember the exact name but think they are called CR36.

Use them in a frameless frame, and they have no coatings, hence also after several years of use not the slightest scratch.

He explained to me that the coating is actually why you get scratches, because coatings are soft.

Price is 3500 Baht a pair

Thank you, clearly the best and less greedy shop around Pattaya.

I have used first optic and wasn't very happy with result. The lens keeps falling out of one pair, the other frames are on a standard with 100 baht pair of sunnies, The pair I got for the computer are useless for anything other that close reading of a book.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

I have used first optic and wasn't very happy with result. The lens keeps falling out of one pair, the other frames are on a standard with 100 baht pair of sunnies, The pair I got for the computer are useless for anything other that close reading of a book.

I've never had any trouble with First Optic.

Some of those half frame (no bottom portion)

with nylon clear "string" holding the lenses in are prone to letting the lens pop out

I always buy full frame now.

Didn't you pick the frames you wanted whilst in the shop  ?

surely you tried  reading something at the distance you normally sit from your computer with the

"mock up"  /test glasses when he tested your vision in the shop ? 

if the "lab"  made a mistake and the actual lenses didn't turn out correctly I'm sure he would  remedy the situation for his customer.

Just now, johng said:

I've never had any trouble with First Optic.

Some of those half frame (no bottom portion)

with nylon clear "string" holding the lenses in are prone to letting the lens pop out

I always buy full frame now.

Didn't you pick the frames you wanted whilst in the shop  ?

surely you tried  reading something at the distance you normally sit from your computer with the

"mock up"  /test glasses when he tested your vision in the shop ? 

if the "lab"  made a mistake and the actual lenses didn't turn out correctly I'm sure he would  remedy the situation for his customer.

You don't know how durable the frames are going to be until you use them for a few months. He asked how far I sat from my computer and I showed him, but I have to have my nose to the screen to see anything.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

You don't know how durable the frames are going to be until you use them for a few months. He asked how far I sat from my computer and I showed him, but I have to have my nose to the screen to see anything.

Did you consider a larger monitor?  Or for zero cost, you can change the fonts and size of the letters. You can do the same for closed captioning displays on most TVs.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, moontang said:

Did you consider a larger monitor?  Or for zero cost, you can change the fonts and size of the letters. You can do the same for closed captioning displays on most TVs.

Nothing to do with the monitor or the font, the glasses are only suitable for reading books. If I sit back normally from the computer it's a blur. Who wants to sit 6 inches from the screen? I have bought glasses many times before, but first time with First Optic.

Edited by giddyup

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Nothing to do with the monitor or the font, the glasses are only suitable for reading books. If I sit back normally from the computer it's a blur. Who wants to sit 6 inches from the screen? I have bought glasses many times before, but first time with First Optic.

If you can't see the logic of larger letters and displays being easier to read, your problems are far more serious than vision.

8 minutes ago, moontang said:

If you can't see the logic of larger letters and displays being easier to read, your problems are far more serious than vision.

Can you grasp this, I'll say it for you one more time as you seem to be a bit slow. The glasses are  out of focus if I sit at the computer normally, enlarging the font will just give me a large blurry font. Capiche?

On 7/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, salsajapan said:

And nobody here is even able to list the nice Thai guy with small shop in the soi in front of land department soi, when crossing third road ?

Sorry i forgot the name, but anybody living in Pattaya and knowing what he is talking about usually list this shop as the best and cheapest.

First Optic, that is. I use his service many years ,always excellent ..

• Like 1