Huawei y9

Probably gonna buy one of these next week from lazada for just over 5,000 baht as opposed to the shop price of just under 8,000

Has a 6.5 screen as opposed to the 4.5 screen I have so should be good to watch live prem lge footy on skysports????

Anyone got one, any reveiws

Bought a huawei in  kl in February which has worked wello so time for an upgrade? 

Sounds good, I just bought a Y5P from Powerbuy, it's great and I'm happy with it. I was looking at Lazada too, but I had a really bad experience of buying a USB flash drive from a lazada vendor that was fake. I went through the returns process and Lazada basically didn't care and only replied with 'return to sender' after the time period had elapsed so all I could do was leave the seller bad feedback. Because of that I wouldn't go with a cheap phone, but I'm sure they're fine. 
The thing I found out from the PowerBuy seller is that all the latest Huawei phone don't have Google services - so no Youtube app, no Play store and no location on LINE (so you can use location-related services). I don't really care about that stuff - the Huawei app store seems fine and I can watch Youtube through the browser. 

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

why buy Chinese goods from a company asscociated strongly with the oppressive CCP, get one from a country that treat people better.

Almost everything I buy, wear, and use is made in China (and therefore associated with the CCP) so opting out is a little tough! Even if you buy Apple or Samsung, it's made in China. Huawei are actually really good value and reliable - I just bought a Y5p and it came with screen protection film already applied and a free silicone case in the box. It's a different buying experience from buying Samsung or Apple where the first trip is the local phone shop for film and a case (500baht+). 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I just would stay out of Huawei. They are ok, but have lousy network connections.

Lousy network connections?  What does that mean? 

I've got a P9 and a P20, never had any problems with either.  Which ones do you have personal experience of that were so bad?

Edited by Bob A Kneale

2 hours ago, jadee said:

no Youtube app, no Play store and no location on LINE (so you can use location-related services). I don't really care about that stuff - the Huawei app store seems fine and I can watch Youtube through the browser. 

I think you would be able to download YouTube, by typing in the search engine, "download YouTube apk android" then downloading the apk and installing it onto your phone. 

You may have to give permission to download from unknown sources in your settings. 

If it asks, it's OK, then you'll have the YouTube app on your homescreen. 

On 7/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, solomon david said:

Has a 6.5 screen as opposed to the 4.5 screen I have so should be good to watch live prem lge footy on skysports????

Anyone got one, any reveiws

I've got one and so has my misses (notch not pop-up)

Camera is second rate,

Focus & colour iffy indoors, struggles with high contrast portrait outdoors ....... but everything else is great.

Edited by BritManToo

On 7/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, jadee said:

The thing I found out from the PowerBuy seller is that all the latest Huawei phone don't have Google services - so no Youtube app, no Play store and no location on LINE (so you can use location-related services). I don't really care about that stuff - the Huawei app store seems fine and I can watch Youtube through the browser. 

Sounds like BS from a salesman pushing another product ..... just checking.

"For its part, Huawei says it "will continue to provide security updates and after-sales services to all existing Huawei and Honor smartphone and tablet products covering those which have been sold or are still in stock globally.""

So yep, it was BS, the Y9 (notch or pop-up) were 2019 models, so not part of the ban on Google.

My apps still update, just did google photos, Line, Youtube now.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sounds like BS from a salesman pushing another product.

New Huawei phones (I think from release of Mate 30 onwards) do indeed not have Google services anymore, thanks to that great old man in Washington. The Huawei Y9 was released before the bann came into force, so there are no problems.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sounds like BS from a salesman pushing another product ..... just checking.

"For its part, Huawei says it "will continue to provide security updates and after-sales services to all existing Huawei and Honor smartphone and tablet products covering those which have been sold or are still in stock globally.""

So yep, it was BS, the Y9 (notch or pop-up) were 2019 models, so not part of the ban on Google.

My apps still update.

....all the latest Huawei phone don't have Google services

• 2 weeks later...

4 GB RAM & 4000 mAh battery is budget performance, will be insufficient with more software updates,

and the battery will with predictable decay not keep the thing running without constant recharge at all time.

Edited by scammed

10 hours ago, scammed said:

4 GB RAM & 4000 mAh battery is budget performance, will be insufficient with more software updates,

and the battery will with predictable decay not keep the thing running without constant recharge at all time.

Nonsense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johng said:

4Gb of ram is quite sufficient,but as always more ram is better.

for now... i note i consume a little less then 4 GB RAM,

and i am a very light user, like, just about the only thing i use the phone for is

to get inside 7/11.

its not going to be long before an update pushes that to a bit over 4 GB RAM,

at which point the phone has to load from ROM, if 4 GB RAM is all it has,

and that will add lag.

like with pc & new operating systems, its a never ending power creep,

but it happen much faster in android world

Edited by scammed

2 hours ago, johng said:

Screenshot_2020-07-20-18-58-16.thumb.jpg.c924625cde8bee18346f288c9c0ede4a.jpg

that is a short list, how many accounts are you sync up with ?

how many system apps ?

are you on a battery saving mode ?

i see i got free 4.8 GB 63% with my apps, syncs, and settings,

meaning 3.2 GB isnt free

Edited by scammed