Is this a sign they not gonna extend the visa amnesty ?

16 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

If the visa amnesty is extended there is no need fr the people on it to visit Immigration so why would there be a counter number for them?

Yes, that's what i meant.

But the amnesty until July 31st was enacted by the Cabinet, not by immigration. An extension would also be decided by the Cabinet.

If Immigration would be sure that the Cabinet will extend it, there would be no need to open Muang Thong Thani.

Thus the opening of Muang Thong Thani shows that Immigration is at least not certain if the Cabinet will extend it.

It could of course also be that neither Immigration nor Cabinet planned to extend the amnesty in the old matter, but do something as simple as: People can apply for continuous 30 day extensions for 1900THB per time. This would still allow everybody to stay, they would earn more money, and it would require Muang Thong Thani to have the capacity to process all these extensions. This is of course just a guess by me.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

As visiting a local immigration office isn't considered a risk anymore, I think it's not unlikely that they will extend the amnesty BUT require those who want to continue to stay to show up (and, in all likelihood, pay up). If they will introduce a "special" extension or try to operate within the existing framework (embassy letters) remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Seeing Koh Samui, Phuket, Surathani only.

May more will be added?

There is an online appointment system for CW.

Might be nice if they used one single system for both online and mobile.

Also would be cool if they could kee the systems working? I think all the Imm. mobile apps are still unavailable.

I have a Chonburi Immigration app on my phone that is not part of this 'QueQ' app. It's on Google Play. Although I haven't used the Chonburi one yet, on it you can apply on line for various visas/extensions, including tourist and education visas plus retirement and family based extensions. It gives you a list of the required documents that are needed for each one and they can be downloaded via the app. All sections must be completed in order to proceed to the next one so I can't look further without doing an actual application, but I assume you do the initial application via the app, add the required documents and, assuming they're are all in order, are then given a suitable appointment date/time to complete it. No/minimal queuing.

Just thought that, with the possible rush of people needing to renew their permissions to stay at the end of the amnesty, this might be an easier option to apply than joining a long queue at Immigration.

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Also NOTE, Counter J is for TR-60. That is normally only available at consulate OUTSIDE of Thailand, no? So does this mean there is a possible path for tourists to get a new visa from INSIDE Thailand?

Not a silly idea at all, rather than give the freeloaders unfortunate people another free extension make em pay for a visa !!

11 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Also NOTE, Counter J is for TR-60. That is normally only available at consulate OUTSIDE of Thailand, no? So does this mean there is a possible path for tourists to get a new visa from INSIDE Thailand?

This is the 60 day tourist day visa right? With the possibility to +30 days too, so that could get people to the end of October..

edit: I should also say well spotted as this was posted yesterday and no one noticed that! 

Edited by greggraham
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Not a silly idea at all, rather than give the freeloaders unfortunate people another free extension make em pay for a visa !!

Definitely a good idea. I know many would willingly pay if given the opportunity to legitimately stay in the kingdom, especially since border runs are practically impossible until other countries in the region begin to relax their restrictions in unison with LOS.

BONUS: Immi should have less headaches:  Most short-stayers will now have a new and valid "permitted to stay until" date stamped into their passport. So it may just make life easier for both the tourists AND the immi staff. Kind of a "bridge" solution until regular visa runs can be made again.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

And counter K is for visa exempt, transit visa and others, so can we get a visa exempt at counter K? Then i would choose the free visa exempt instead of a tourist visa ????

I guess this is only for extensions, not for obtaining a new visa, but i don't have a good idea why they send people with a tourist visa to a special counter.

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

And counter K is for visa exempt, transit visa and others, so can we get a visa exempt at counter K? Then i would choose the free visa exempt instead of a tourist visa ????

I guess this is only for extensions, not for obtaining a new visa, but i don't have a good idea why they send people with a tourist visa to a special counter.

But, which extensions? I think if someone had the 60 days Tourist Visa, if the amnesty ends, will not has any right to a 30 days extension. I did not read anything about that, but my logic says that if the amnesty ends will need a new visa.

And maybe, if there is the chance to extend the visa, it would not be fair in some cases. For example my case, I had a 60 days tourist visa, my visa was until the end of april, I extended until the end of may before they announced the visa amnesty, so I paid 1900 bahts for nothing. I never really used the 30 days extension, the visa amnesty began the 22th of april and my 60 days visa was until end of april. It would not be fair if someone in the same situation but less previsional than me would be entitled to the extension.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jackdd said:

K is normally used for visa exempt and also TR60 extensions.  My hope would be that for those who have not already used their one-time extension for 1900baht, they can apply for that, while others who our out of options and would normally exit to apply for TR60 (example in Penang or Vientiane), will be offered a TR60 at counter J (special case tourist visa that does not require us to exit given the circumstances).

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

K is normally used for visa exempt extensions.  My hope would be that for those who have not already used their one-time extension for 1900baht, they can apply for that, while others who our out of options and would normally exit to apply for TR60 (example in Penang or Vientiane), will be offered a TR60 at counter J (special case tourist visa that does not require us to exit given the circumstances).

Those that have not used there "one time for 1900haht" as you put it can still do that prior to the end of amnesty (whenever that happens). Correct.

As for the other bit, obtain "special" setv at Thai immigration. No.

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Worth it anyway. Plane tickets are expensive. Many countries have out of control infections. If you wanted to exit and come back to Thailand, it would be $$$$$$$ anyway!  If they offered an in-country visa application, it would save all the time/energy/hassle of exiting and re-entering.

Yep I don't mind paying for 60 +30 either. In the UK I think it usually costs less than 1900bht for the TR-60 too ???? 

My concern is what happens after those 2/3 months if things are still strange and borders still closed, or if a second wave hits us. But not worth worrying about that now.

Edited by greggraham

5 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Worth it anyway. Plane tickets are expensive. Many countries have out of control infections. If you wanted to exit and come back to Thailand, it would be $$$$$$$ anyway!  If they offered an in-country visa application, it would save all the time/energy/hassle of exiting and re-entering.

imo I believe they've been plenty generous enough and it's time to get a handle on it all..

• Like 1

Just now, greggraham said:

Yep I don't mind paying for 60 +30 either. In the UK I think it usually costs less than 1900bht for the TR-60 too ???? 

You will not be able to buy a setv in Thailand. At some point you may need to fly home.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You will not be able to buy a setv in Thailand. At some point you may need to fly home.

The info-graphic seems to contradict that. Let's see what happens, pretty sure people said with similar certainty "You will not be given 4 months amnesty" back in March... 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

But, which extensions?

If they should not extend the amnesty, my bet is on something like "unlimited 30 day extensions for 1900THB a pop until the land borders open". They like to make seemingly baseless decisions, but even they have to be smarter than putting thousands of people on overstay.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, greggraham said:

The info-graphic seems to contradict that. Let's see what happens, pretty sure people said with similar certainty "You will not be given 4 months amnesty" back in March... 

Irrelevant. Setv will not be issued inside Thailand. 

BTW keep in mind imm officers and often in print refer to everything as a visa. 

Edited by DrJack54