Colorado police officers fired after photos mocking death of Black man surface

rooster59

On 7/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, Bluespunk said:

The guy who responded “Ha ha” was involved in the incident that lead to the death of dead man the other officers mocked. 

He’s got much worse coming his way I suspect. 

“Colorado Governor Jared Polis has appointed a special prosecutor to review the case, and this week the FBI and the U.S. Department of Justice said they are investigating whether McClain's civil rights were violated.”

So he'll be charged with laughing? Mmmmmk.

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

So he'll be charged with laughing? Mmmmmk.

No.

If you had the wit to read my post properly you would realise that there is an enquiry opening into the actions of police officers involved in the death of the man these officers were mocking. 

The ex officer who responded “ha ha” is one of those who were involved. 

mmmmmk indeed

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 10:25 PM, ChouDoufu said:

in that case, how 'bout we wait until he's convicted?

if this is anything like the chauvin/floyd situation, he should do time.

but what if he's found not guilty of whatever charges are brought?

and is "haha" a hanging offense?  could be considered in poor taste, but not necessarily actionable.  prosecutor would have to prove intent as well.  perhaps it wasn't a jolly haha, but a sardonic/sarcastic response to three idiots teasing him about his problems at work.  either way, a firing for "haha" unlikely to survive a court test.

Only politically correct humor is now acceptable. Only politically correct responses to any humor is now acceptable.

All acceptable humor must be pc and approved by the radical left.

This photo was in extremely bad taste by the 3 officers in it. The response by the fourth was simply a haha. Possibly he didn't find it funny or in good taste but didn't know what else to respond.

US getting more like a Marxist state with thought control and all behavior must be pc approved.

Bad taste, definitely. Stupid certainly. Did it deserve disciplinary action, yes for sure. But firing - wonder what the union will have to say.

Knee jerk responses by Mayors wishing to be seen to be pc now seems the order of the day.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Only politically correct humor is now acceptable. Only politically correct responses to any humor is now acceptable.

All acceptable humor must be pc and approved by the radical left.

This photo was in extremely bad taste by the 3 officers in it. The response by the fourth was simply a haha. Possibly he didn't find it funny or in good taste but didn't know what else to respond.

US getting more like a Marxist state with thought control and all behavior must be pc approved.

Bad taste, definitely. Stupid certainly. Did it deserve disciplinary action, yes for sure. But firing - wonder what the union will have to say.

Knee jerk responses by Mayors wishing to be seen to be pc now seems the order of the day.

3 were fired after choke holding killed a guy, the 4th, not involved in the killing, resigned.

Anything wrong with firing them? Anything wrong with someone resigning?

You write 'bad taste' 'stupid', but that doesn't seem a reason for firing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No.

If you had the wit to read my post properly you would realise that there is an enquiry opening into the actions of police officers involved in the death of the man these officers were mocking. 

The ex officer who responded “ha ha” is one of those who were involved. 

mmmmmk indeed

Yes, I read that the Colorado governor is retaliating against the photos by trying to find some way to get revenge.

26 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, I dunno...maybe read it "somewhere".:coffee1:

Well, there's your problem right there. Really, it all comes down to when this *review* was initiated. If it was before these photos came to light, great! Proceed. If it was after, it's likely retaliatory and political. Pretty simple.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

No problems here. But since you're having difficulties following your own posts (or pretending to), here they are again

Not too complicated, really.

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

No problems here. But since you're having difficulties following your own posts (or pretending to), here they are again

Not too complicated, really.

Well, that settles.... nothing.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

When Hall attributed this remark to Voltaire he overlooked the fact Voltaire took the post of Government Censor and spend years pursuing Rousseau for having said things in books that Voltaire’s masters found disagreeable.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

When Hall attributed this remark to Voltaire he overlooked the fact Voltaire took the post of Government Censor and spend years pursuing Rousseau for having said things in books that Voltaire’s masters found disagreeable.

what a strange response!

you went out of your way to attack the messenger, who was not the source of the quote, for not living up to the standard he was incorrectly cited as espousing.

note i did not cite voltaire as a source.  i quoted the famous quote as a model i wish to attain.  you for some reason apparently feel that an ideal sourced from an imperfect human should be rejected.  voltaire was imperfect, therefore we should not defend free speech?

do you also reject "judge a man not by the color of his skin" because king was a communist and adulterer?

do you reject living your life as though "all men are created equal" because one famous person who wrote it in some famous document was a slaveowner?

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 6:04 PM, Bluespunk said:

I never said they should be exempt from action. 

I understand why they did what they did and have every sympathy for what their actions. 

I have said I wouldn’t have done it that way myself, however sometimes direct action is what it takes to spark a debate and a change in perception.

Ah, so rioting, destruction of property not your own, mob rule is OK as long as it conforms to the hysteria cause of the day?

You may not be actually saying that, but it certainly seems like it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

what a strange response!

you went out of your way to attack the messenger, who was not the source of the quote, for not living up to the standard he was incorrectly cited as espousing.

note i did not cite voltaire as a source.  i quoted the famous quote as a model i wish to attain.  you for some reason apparently feel that an ideal sourced from an imperfect human should be rejected.  voltaire was imperfect, therefore we should not defend free speech?

do you also reject "judge a man not by the color of his skin" because king was a communist and adulterer?

do you reject living your life as though "all men are created equal" because one famous person who wrote it in some famous document was a slaveowner?

He's trying to be clever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, so rioting, destruction of property not your own, mob rule is OK as long as it conforms to the hysteria cause of the day?

You may not be actually saying that, but it certainly seems like it.

Please quote where I said rioting or destruction of property or mob rule was ok. 

Or is that just you choosing to decide what I am saying? A deliberate misinterpretation as such. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Elijah McClain was killed by the cops after a 911 caller reported a man acting "sketchy", the 911 caller stated that they (the caller) were in no danger, and apparently that the person they were reporting on had not committed a crime.  The cops used excessive force even though Elijah McClain had committed no crime.  The argument could be made that the cops should have ignored the Gladys Kravitz 911 call, should have driven right past Mr. McClain, should have spoken to him and moved on when he clearly had committed no crime.  To now be yucking it up over this young man's death shows the essential depravity of these cops.  My number one emotion concerning this is deep sadness at the death of a young man at the hands of bully boy cops.  I think it has to stop.

Edited by cdemundo
large font, not sure why
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 4:30 PM, cdemundo said:

Elijah McClain was killed by the cops after a 911 caller reported a man acting "sketchy", the 911 caller stated that they (the caller) were in no danger, and apparently that the person they were reporting on had not committed a crime.  The cops used excessive force even though Elijah McClain had committed no crime.  The argument could be made that the cops should have ignored the Gladys Kravitz 911 call, should have driven right past Mr. McClain, should have spoken to him and moved on when he clearly had committed no crime.  To now be yucking it up over this young man's death shows the essential depravity of these cops.  My number one emotion concerning this is deep sadness at the death of a young man at the hands of bully boy cops.  I think it has to stop.

So, start a movement to rid your town/ city of cops, like has already happened elsewhere. Then you'll only have to worry about the criminals.

• Confused 1