Hit-and-run driver kills monk in Chalong

rooster59

Hit-and-run driver kills monk in Chalong

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1593843027_1.jpg

The body of Phra Rungrote Padnguan was found in a roadside ditch not far from Wat Thai temple this morning (July 4). Photo: Chalong Police

PHUKET: Police are searching for the driver of a white saloon car that fled the scene after knocking down a monk on Chaofa East Rd in Chalong this morning (July 4). The monk sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene.

Lt Jaruwit Khuncharoen of the Chalong Police was called to the accident scene – on Chaofa East Rd near Land and Houses estate – at around 5:30am.

At the scene, Lt Khuncharoen and rescue workers found the body of Phra Rungrote Padnguan, a Buddhist monk from the nearby Wat Tai Temple. The body was floating in a roadside ditch.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/hit-and-run-driver-kills-monk-in-chalong-76597.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-07-04

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

Thanks for that. Looked quite deliberate!

However, monk walking in the road with dark orange robe at that time of the morning, well sumthin gonna happen. Better he stayed within the small hard shoulder area, although I think this car wud have hit him, even there.

The car did brake, so the driver knew they had hit the monk. Terrible. ????

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

Thanks for that. Looked quite deliberate!

However, monk walking in the road with dark orange robe at that time of the morning, well sumthin gonna happen. Better he stayed within the small hard shoulder area, although I think this car wud have hit him, even there.

The car did brake, so the driver knew they had hit the monk. Terrible. ????

Hey, all the monks walk around early morning, and we all know it, so does the driver the truck that run over the monk...????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Where did it say that the driver was a Thai?

Take your time. ????  Ms Yanaphat Sakulboonphanit, 35. 

Whadaya think - English, Mercan, maybe Polish!

Edited by thequietman
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thequietman said:

He, is a She. ????

thanks for that.. musta been typing whilst your previous Post was under Edit...

- All I saw was 'take your time'

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was taught as a kid to always walk on the side of the road so I was facing the traffic. I guess they don't teach that here and it cost him his life ???? I see the same thing with the monks who walk past my house each morning, their back to the traffic. As so often in Thailand it's lack of education = lack of common sense.

Yep, taught Xactly the same, and the Thai's look at me funny when I walk against the traffic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was taught as a kid to always walk on the side of the road so I was facing the traffic. I guess they don't teach that here and it cost him his life ???? I see the same thing with the monks who walk past my house each morning, their back to the traffic. As so often in Thailand it's lack of education = lack of common sense.

I was taught to keep my eyes open and concentrate when driving...????

I ended up never running anyone over in over 50 years of driving, so far...????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I was taught to keep my eyes open and concentrate when driving...????

I ended up never running anyone over in over 50 years of driving, so far...????

That quite obviously isn't taught in Thailand either, is it.

• Like 1