Amnesty Extension after 31st July - Yes or no?

Amnesty Extension  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think most of those still here can afford to stay, and are here because they want to be. However, based on previous experience, I bet there are quite a few people here who have not left because they cannot raise the airfare, and are barely surviving.

The airfare to let's say Europe is 20000 baht. Living in Thailand in a cheap apartment and eating rice will cost you probably 20000/month. So I don't understand how people without money would be on visa amnesty for that reason. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sundown said:

The airfare to let's say Europe is 20000 baht. Living in Thailand in a cheap apartment and eating rice will cost you probably 20000/month. So I don't understand how people without money would be on visa amnesty for that reason.

Less on the cheap and single.  But most folks can get airfaire on loan from their embassy if were in dire-straits and actually wanted to go back there. 

Those of us not in dire-straits simply have no plans to go to our passport countries, so just waiting to see what the next move is by Thailand - and where else is open, if/when they close the door to our legal options to stay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sundown said:

I know you are being hyperbolic but If you live in a tourist dump then you could get by with around 5-7000 baht or less for a cheap room and only eating rice. A 50kg bag of rice doesnt cost much. If outside those bubbles you could make a month with much much less if only paying for rent and food. 

I dont pay rent anymore but some year ago i rented a regular thai style house with two bedroom, kitchen, toilet and fairly large garden for 5000 baht and ate outside every other day.If only counting the rent and food i probaly didnt burn more than 7-8000 a month. 

Just a cheap room would probaly not cost you more than 2000 baht per month, then i thinking about those trashy rooms you can rent in Phuket for 4000-5000.

Edited by Okis
  • Like 2

They would never make everyone leave before Thai airways starts to fly again in august.  No one would ever fly Thai airways again if the country that owns the airline made everyone leave the day before you could use your return ticket.  

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:49 PM, DrJack54 said:

Stop being foolish. It is possible to fly bkk to Australia. Also just about any country to your passport. 

Most likely is amnesty will be extended. 

Fall back position would be 30day extensions as per pre covid. 1900 a pop.

If you're one of the lucky 50 people on the aeroplane, but which airline wants to fly with a max of 50 people to Oz? Surely not commercially viable to fly a commercial aircraft at 5-10% capacity.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1