2000B to get A/C cleaned!

Silentwalker

I always pay 400 baht per Aircon to clean.
I have 2 companies which ask both the same price. I am also living in Bangkok (Klongsan Area).

To do it yourself as someone described.. yes it's not complicated, but you have an kärcher (watercleaner)? 
I guess that is the missing part for most of the people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Silentwalker said:

So I got charged 2000 Baht to have a single A/C unit cleaned today. Sure, it took them around an hour and it was apparently "very, very dirty", but cleaning an A/C unit isn't exactly highly skilled labour that comes with a hefty price. I was under the impression the standard price is around 500-800 in Bangkok. How badly have I been burned?! 

HomePro Service....555 baht per unit for units under 24,000 BTU. I had 3 done last month...1 hour each...4 service staff...very professional

• Like 1

How badly have I been burned?

I would say you got burned very badly, equivalent to getting a 6th degree burn, ouch!!

It should cost you between 400-500 baht. Even for a super dirty aircon that hasn't been cleaned in years.

Edited by bbi1

10 hours ago, Silentwalker said:

How badly have I been burned?! 

As others have said, you have to ask how much first, and then shop around, we were quoted 3,000 baht from a company for 6 units varying in BTU's, I said to the wife after checking out the going rate on previous TVF posts and said that is fine, she asked for a discount and the owner said, come and pay me when the workers have finished and we will work something out.

The units had never been cleaned in the 4 years we had this house, one unit from the bungalow which was built 11 years ago also was never cleaned.

Took 2 guys all day, wife went and paid the owner of the company, and came back with 500 baht change, I still wonder how she managed to get the discount ????

it is cheaper to buy the equipment and do it yourself
this is what i have just done,
as my house has 10 Aircon units
usually price is around 500-700 baht per unit

you can buy the Gas (~500 baht) and pressure gauges (~1200 baht) on Lazada
that is all you need
check what gas your Aircon requires (most modern wall units are R32)
many units have a big sticker on the compressor or just check model online
you are looking for R32 or R401a usually for recent units,
also use R32 and R401a to search on lazada for equipment as rest is usually in Thai

plenty of youtube videos show you how to top up gas

as for cleaning filters just take them out and rinse in shower, easy as.

sounds like whoever done the service for you,
charged you the price for the new equipment

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

600 Baht per air con for our local chap, but he does charge 1,000 for a unit that needs deeper cleaning , as it needs to be disassembled and put back together again and then re gassed.  so its a longer job. Does that for our main bedroom air con once a year,  but a standard 600B per unit for the less used ones. 

Just now, Pilotman said:

never seen or heard of it that low. 

Some outfits just clean the superficial filters and call it a day. The main thing is flushing out thr drain lines with pressurized water...otherwise eventually you'll get a clog and leaking inside..staining walls and whatnot...a real mess. Every 6 months and never had an issue since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have always paid 500bht, 3 blokes turn up, all the gear, stuff taken out of the unit and pressure washed, same procedure for the outside thingy...500bht really is a good deal..????

2000bht really is taking the p_ss, unless they have replaced or repaired something with gas replacement..

• Like 2

Do  my  own, was  sick of  finding handprints  all  over  walls  ceilings doors etc also usual no cloth to lay  on the floor, they cause more damage than anything else, seems  like many are either too  lazy or havent a clue. You can aslo buy the wrap around vinyl  bags with a drain hose  attached which most aircon guys  have from lazada.

I dismantle  mine and take  out the blower  wheel inside, I also get the hose and on full  power  flush down the drain pipe and then tip some bleach down before another wash thru. Takes  about 1  hour. Inside you dont need a pressure  washer you can buy a lithium ion battery powered weed  sprayer, its strong enough to clean it  out  just fine and spray before with Scotch brand  Air con cleaner.