2000B to get A/C cleaned!

Silentwalker

13 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Last time, a few years ago, I paid about 650 to HonePro. Would appreciate a current recommendation and price idea for Chiang Mai. Come August, I have 4 to have cleaned in the house.

Try this guy and his company. He speaks very good English. 500 Baht per unit. Tel.: 082 766 0426

We have a good guy in CNX who is available within a day or two and asks THB 300 for each of the 5 units we have. We laid-off the previous one who asked more and more each time just to check out how far he can go. He claimed that our (new!) units needed more and more freon each time.....

On 7/4/2020 at 4:40 PM, Silentwalker said:

How badly have I been burned?! 

You weren't burned, you were cleaned out!

Stadtler pays 500b for each unit.  He has 3.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, innosiem said:

it is cheaper to buy the equipment and do it yourself
this is what i have just done,
as my house has 10 Aircon units
usually price is around 500-700 baht per unit

you can buy the Gas (~500 baht) and pressure gauges (~1200 baht) on Lazada
that is all you need
check what gas your Aircon requires (most modern wall units are R32)
many units have a big sticker on the compressor or just check model online
you are looking for R32 or R401a usually for recent units,
also use R32 and R401a to search on lazada for equipment as rest is usually in Thai

plenty of youtube videos show you how to top up gas

as for cleaning filters just take them out and rinse in shower, easy as.

sounds like whoever done the service for you,
charged you the price for the new equipment

Don't know Why one has to Top Up Gas.  

If the Unit is leaking than you lose Gas and stops cooling ,If not leaking one doesn't need Gas for the duration of the Unit Say Ten 15 Yrs . 

Same as in the car 7 yrs old , No  leaks No top ups with Gas.

If they Clean the Unit and say that the gas needs Topping Up and it is still cooling ok  just tell them Bull <deleted> just clean it and On ya way. 

They tried that spiel on us ,,,, Didn't work.????

On 7/5/2020 at 7:01 AM, HampiK said:

I always pay 400 baht per Aircon to clean.
I have 2 companies which ask both the same price. I am also living in Bangkok (Klongsan Area).

To do it yourself as someone described.. yes it's not complicated, but you have an kärcher (watercleaner)? 
I guess that is the missing part for most of the people.

How about if they need regassing?

For 1 unit? You are kidding? I clean mine myself 3 different sized units. Clear instructions came with the manuals on fitting and maintenance. Straightforward apart from risk of falling from a Thai stepladder? No jetwasher needed as someone commented. 

27 minutes ago, DarrenSpencer said:

Yes you've been done!

I pay 400 for each AC, that includes gas top up, and a strip clean. 30 mins for each AC.

And the unit outside?

27 minutes ago, DarrenSpencer said:

Yes you've been done!

I pay 400 for each AC, that includes gas top up, and a strip clean. 30 mins for each AC.

Dont fall for the re gassing con if you have to pay extra. we had a guy topping one of ours up every visit. Eventually we got the Mitsubishi men in who said it had too much gas in it and they had to let some out. Unless the sytem has a leak why would it need more gas, if it does have a leak that would need to be fixed beofre putting more in

• Thanks 1

I think it depends on the type of cleaning. I have used the sprays etc. and periodically clean the filters. I found that when I get mine done properly it costs about 1400 a unit but this is complete removal of the evaporator (inside unit) and spray cleaning of all the parts new gas etc and additionally I get them to use a rust inhibitor and spray Rust-Oleum primer on metal parts. (usually around the frame areas) the I have 7 and it takes a good part of the day with about 4 to 5 guys. I install or have them insert some condensate drain pan rust/ biological growth inhibitor https://www.airstarsupply.com/products.aspx?cat=29

I think people are talking about different kinds of service here so I would like to see what exactly they get done.

I have paid 600 baht for 10 years but in the last 2 it has gone up to 800 per unit.

However they do spend 1 hour on each unit and are very professional.

Hard to find people like that up in the bush but my Daikin units performance is very good, even after 12 years.

I agree with most of the comments about the fee, however, what you might not know is, perhaps the gas needed replenishing, the most common one is R-410A, however, there is an expensive one, which Panasonic used to use, I know coz I still have one at home, is R-32, so it is possible you were charged for a GAS top up.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Blimey, 6 pages over the cost of A/C cleaning......................????

Yes, quite; it shows that most of us need to take a chill pill, or get laid, or drunk, or more likely all three.