Alcoholic drinks-makers see red over draft law banning online sale

rooster59

I wish I could order just normal beer like Tiger, San Mig, Heineken to be delivered as it seems the area I live in the big main 3 have the monopoly. I think I saw a similar reply to this a couple of weeks ago. Went to Makro yesterday to stock wife's restaurant with booze. She has a full bar and restaurant licence which used to allow to buy 10 liters at any time. But now the control freak morons in charge have stopped this in their usual knee jerk reaction to the booze chaos they caused on May 3rd. So now instead of spreading out the sales by letting businesses buy anytime you have to queue to get in Makro, queue to get in the booze ailse with about 40 people waiting yesterday. So what used to take us about 40 mins yesterday took us nearly 3 hours. Losing us half a day's takings. Cretins there are no other words for them. Well there are but not on here. Plus we have lost 3 months of our license we will not get back. Oh another description Imberciles 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CLS said:

Done the right way it cannot be manipulated. In my home country when buying alcohol online you confirm by accepting the T/C that you are of allowed age. Alcohol is only handed out to you against signature. If the postman/delivery service thinks that you are not old enough, they are entitled to ask for an ID. The same way as you can be asked in a store.

Yes but your country isn't the land of corruption.

8 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

I wish I could order just normal beer like Tiger, San Mig, Heineken to be delivered as it seems the area I live in the big main 3 have the monopoly. I think I saw a similar reply to this a couple of weeks ago. Went to Makro yesterday to stock wife's restaurant with booze. She has a full bar and restaurant licence which used to allow to buy 10 liters at any time. But now the control freak morons in charge have stopped this in their usual knee jerk reaction to the booze chaos they caused on May 3rd. So now instead of spreading out the sales by letting businesses buy anytime you have to queue to get in Makro, queue to get in the booze ailse with about 40 people waiting yesterday. So what used to take us about 40 mins yesterday took us nearly 3 hours. Losing us half a day's takings. Cretins there are no other words for them. Well there are but not on here. Plus we have lost 3 months of our license we will not get back. Oh another description Imberciles 

No local mom and pop shops ?

My local delivers without issue, I buy 20 boxes of leo and 2 boxes of JD pay COD when they arrive.

13 hours ago, drbeach said:

Nonsense. Just go to some craft beer bar or any supermarket and you can get an extensive range of imported alcoholic beverages,

So you're lucky enough to have those in your location, not all of us live in the pampered city.

17 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

You would think with around 10 million unemployed at the moment the last thing that any sane government would do is put more people out of work. But not this bunch of controlling idiots. 

Where does the 10 million number come from ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

So how many do you think it is then?

Some delusional members here on TV claim the whole country is unemployed and on the poverty line.

Some real figures would be nice and not from some tabloid.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Some delusional members here on TV claim the whole country is unemployed and on the poverty line.

Some real figures would be nice and not from some tabloid.

Okay then what about. 

With many people out of work and relying on handouts. Is that okay with you. Not delusional I have seen the queues of people and helped in handing out food. Have you

31 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Okay then what about. 

With many people out of work and relying on handouts. Is that okay with you. Not delusional I have seen the queues of people and helped in handing out food. Have you

so no factual numbers of unemployment then.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, madmitch said:

The big brewers are not reliant on online sales; you can buy their products anywhere, and that includes plenty of places on a day like today as well. Their sales won't be hit at all.

And yet if there was a complaint the store would be shut down.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:51 AM, Don Mega said:

So nothing based of solid hard facts then.

I figured as much.

Exactly. And most of these people are probably back at work now. I suspect there may be 2-3 million people out of work at the moment (mostly people normally engaged in the international tourism industry) and most of these are now doing other work, or no longer counted in unemployment figures because they've decided to work on the family farm or sought alternative employment. So that leaves maybe 1-1.5 million. Still a largish figure, but as long as there's no second shutdown and the government moves away from it's over-reliance on international tourism, it shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by drbeach

On 7/6/2020 at 5:34 PM, Knocker33 said:

Okay then what about. 

Many of those people have since regained their jobs. Restaurants, many hotels, nearly all types of businesses have since re-opened. The lines of people waiting for handouts of food and/or money were mainly seen in April and to a lesser extent in May.

22 hours ago, drbeach said:

Many of those people have since regained their jobs. Restaurants, many hotels, nearly all types of businesses have since re-opened. The lines of people waiting for handouts of food and/or money were mainly seen in April and to a lesser extent in May.

Okay all's back to normal then. Whatever