Five new cases of Covid-19 in state quarantine

rooster59

Five new cases of Covid-19 in state quarantine

By THE NATION

800_7efb283c0208172.jpg

There were five cases of Covid-19 over a 24-hour period, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported on Saturday (July 4), the 40th day without a domestic case.

The new patients were returnees in state quarantine, the CCSA said. One patient had returned from Kuwait, one from the UK, and three from Sudan.

In Thailand, the total number of cases since the outbreak, as of Saturday, was 3,185, with 58 deaths, 3,066 recoveries, and 61 undergoing treatment in hospitals. Patients in Bangkok and Nonthaburi accounted for 1,767 of the total cases nationwide.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390788

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-05

As of this Mornings news  the U.K. has updated its  Quarantine  regulations  putting Thailand on its list,  last week anyone from, or passing through Thailand "did not " need to be quarantined entering the UK, now they"must be quarantined for 14 days"...very vague explanation as to why this has happened

Edited by actonion
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, actonion said:

As of this MKornings news  the U.K. has updated its  Quarantine  regulations  putting Thailand on its list,  last week anyone from, or passing through Thailand "did not " need to be quarantined entering the UK, now they"must be quarantined for 14 days"...very vague explanation as to why this has happened

Is that not what I posted above your post @actonion

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And so if Thailand is a leading example, then explain to me why they have been left off of the UK's No Quarantine list for travelers.  Folks heading to the UK from Thailand will still have to be placed in quarantine for 14 days provided they are allowed in.  So tell me what the world really believes of Thailand success at no Covid case......

I agree ....I'd like to know that too...when  many neighbouring countries have far more death rates then here..i wonder why?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, actonion said:

I agree ....I'd like to know that too...when  many neighbouring countries have far more death rates then here..i wonder why?

Enquiring minds would like to know as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, actonion said:

As of this Mornings news  the U.K. has updated its  Quarantine  regulations  putting Thailand on its list,  last week anyone from, or passing through Thailand "did not " need to be quarantined entering the UK, now they"must be quarantined for 14 days"...very vague explanation as to why this has happened

UK vague in it's Covid response?

Shurely shome mishtake.......

• Haha 1

Just now, bkk6060 said:

After this long weekend, it will be interesting.

Not many, but there are some tourists in Pattaya interacting with locals, going to the malls, beach, bars, etc.

Place is heaving with domestic tourists.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And so if Thailand is a leading example, then explain to me why they have been left off of the UK's No Quarantine list for travelers.

Could be that generally, the UK feels the folks here who may want to return are older, out of shape, and vulnerable to being sick or getting sick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Travel corridors: countries and territories exemption list
From 10 July 2020, unless they have visited or stopped in any other country or territory in the preceding 14 days, passengers arriving from the following countries and territories will not be required to self-isolate on arrival into England.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors

So it would seem if a Thai citizen spent 2 weeks in an EU country such as France or Germany, they could then enter UK with no quarantine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Could be that generally, the UK feels the folks here who may want to return are older, out of shape, and vulnerable to being sick or getting sick.

So how would they possibly get sick on a flight full of folks who have been in Thailand and been Covid free for over a month.  If they test negative before leaving as they should all be tested, I see no issue.  Seems that this must be a tit for tat argument by the governments as there is no reciprocal agreement.  On top of that your analogy of them being older etc... well That just makes as much sense as saying don't go outside when it rains as you will catch a cold.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So how would they possibly get sick on a flight full of folks who have been in Thailand and been Covid free for over a month.  If they test negative before leaving as they should all be tested, I see no issue.  Seems that this must be a tit for tat argument by the governments as there is no reciprocal agreement.  On top of that your analogy of them being older etc... well That just makes as much sense as saying don't go outside when it rains as you will catch a cold.

I do not disagree with you totally.

Although, I have not seen any requirement of a Covid test prior to arrival.

Generally looking at the list and requirements I think the UK is making a mistake to allow all those countries to enter at this point.  I guess we will see in about a month.

17 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

This sounds suspect to me 3 different countries all tested before arrival then found to have it in quarantine ????   

The inventor of the RT-PCR test (who sadly and conveniently died last August) stated this about the test a long time ago:
"these tests cannot detect free, infectious viruses" -Kary Mullis

Which may explain the false positive count being so high,
and doctors have been advised by the FDA and CDC to combine other factors
such as symptoms and patients medical history to determine a positive diagnosis of C-19
should the test result comes back as negative

"Negative results do not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for patient management decisions. Negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information."

Source:
https://www.fda.gov/media/136151/download

Edited by innosiem
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And so if Thailand is a leading example, then explain to me why they have been left off of the UK's No Quarantine list for travelers.  Folks heading to the UK from Thailand will still have to be placed in quarantine for 14 days provided they are allowed in.  So tell me what the world really believes of Thailand success at no Covid case......

Normally if a  country / government does something that might benefit another country / government they expect something in return . I think the UK government received nothing hence why Thailand is missing from the list

Most of the infected returnees recently have been from Islamic nations where some preachers are convinced the COVID virus has been sent by Allah to punish the infidel.

This unfortunately hasn't prevented nearly 50,000 Kuwaitis becoming infected and Sudan locking down its capital, Khartoum, awash with new cases.

Well done, Thailand, for taking steps against the importation of a possible "second wave".

Edited by Krataiboy

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand is a gateway for the virus from China to the world, thanks to it's tourism demographics. Probably was a "superspreader" in 2019. Hence, it must be considered as part of China.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:
8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Folks heading to the UK from Thailand will still have to be placed in quarantine for 14 days provided they are allowed in.  So tell me what the world really believes of Thailand success at no Covid case......

Thailand is a gateway for the virus from China to the world, thanks to it's tourism demographics. Probably was a "superspreader" in 2019. Hence, it must be considered as part of China

Apparently not so considered for EU and Finland. No quarantine required for Thai citizen entering EU zone. China still not included.

5 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

for the FREE SUN UV that kills corona on contact you mean ?

At this point it's obvious the sun / climate has a very little if any impact on the spread of the virus. Look at Florida and other US states that have hot weather at the moment. Imho the defining factors are masks, social distancing and awareness. The pandemic will not be fought won or lost because of a government, more the people of a country and their efforts. 

Edited by Mung

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Who cares what the UK believes? They have handled the crisis woefully.

Those of us fortunate enough to have weathered the storm in Thailand know that the numbers of infected were very low and the outbreak has been contained here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1