Two Seattle protesters hit by car on highway, one critically injured

rooster59

14 minutes ago, neverere said:

I find it incredible that so many on this thread are condoning murder, how did so many of you become morally derelict ? You should all take a look in the mirror and ask yourselves how you would feel in one of your children or siblings was killed in cold blood by some nutjob, standing up for what they believed was right, regardless of your political stance.

It is Manslaughter and nothing more.  Either with Gross Negligence or without.  Unless the DA has enough, with prior planning, premeditation or other evidence to charge murder then Manslaughter is what will be the true charge.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, neverere said:

I find it incredible that so many on this thread are condoning murder, how did so many of you become morally derelict ? You should all take a look in the mirror and ask yourselves how you would feel in one of your children or siblings was killed in cold blood by some nutjob, standing up for what they believed was right, regardless of your political stance.

Has the driver been charged with murder ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Yeah the guy should have slowed down but it is undersandable that if protesters can get angry and beat people, burn down buildings, occupy property and block highways that it is entiredly possible that this guy had a fit of rage and was not thinking streaight much like the protester putting his life at risk on a freeway.... 

Slowed down ? Did you read what actually happened ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I find it incredible that so many that want to "defund the police" and (presumably) have group hugs and chats with a social worker in emergencies suddenly want law and order now that their own got hurt. If this tragedy serves as a warning to the left, that if they are going to block highways at nights or other silly tricks, they may well get hurt well so much the better.

Trump should extend his 10 year mandatory sentence for these thugs blocking the road. And to the authorities in Washington that let anarchy spread to the extent that many lives have been lost in the mayhem. Totally inexcusable.

You talk about law & order, yet you condone murder ? Get a grip.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I find it incredible that so many that want to "defund the police" and (presumably) have group hugs and chats with a social worker in emergencies suddenly want law and order now that their own got hurt. If this tragedy serves as a warning to the left, that if they are going to block highways at nights or other silly tricks, they may well get hurt well so much the better.

Trump should extend his 10 year mandatory sentence for these thugs blocking the road. And to the authorities in Washington that let anarchy spread to the extent that many lives have been lost in the mayhem. Totally inexcusable.

Just because you still don't understand what "defunding" means,...

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Can you link the article please, the ones posted in the this thread thus far don't mention a murder charge.

See above.

Edited by neverere
error
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, neverere said:

It doesn't say it in the OP. I read it in a news article. I further reading shows that he actually hasn't been charged with murder yet. Pending the investigation I assume he will be.  

"Mr Kelete was charged with two counts of vehicular assault on Saturday and denied bail.

Local officials were trying to determine the motive for the attack on the freeway, which has been shut for the last 19 days due to protests."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-05/black-lives-matter-protesters-injured-by-car-on-seattle-highway/12423502

Thanks for responding. As usual we will have to wait for the full story to evolve. Depending upon his motive he may well be charged with murder or vehicular homicide later.

• Like 1

Why is Trump allowing all this bs? Taking over Seattle and blocking highways for 19 days....is he too scared to arrest those protestors, one might get hurt during the arrests...maybe even a black person....owwwww..

Arrest them! What are you waiting for?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

What was the protest by the victims about in the first place?

Not free tampons again surely.

The world has gone nuts.

I miss the news for a year or two and things seem out of control. Now they are telling me China is about ready to start a war. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Sure Anitifa. So small in numbers that they're almost imaginary. This is the same kind of prejudice that the civil right movement experienced during the 50's and the 60's. Then it was communists who were blamed for inciting black americans.

Yes, I just imagined all that burning and looting, sitting here in peaceful Thailand. And as a matter of historical fact the CPUSA did co-opt the civil rights movement starting in the 30s and right on basically to present, and to some degree the political right in America deserved it, but it has left a very difficult legacy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

At this time we're not suspecting drugs or alcohol as a factor in the crash."

I bet the authorities in Seattle didn't bother to do tests on the middle of the superhighway at night.