Two Seattle protesters hit by car on highway, one critically injured

rooster59

8 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think it was actually closed.

Do you have any evidence of this?

They don't drive on the right side of the road in America?

Police statements: on ramps were closed by police, he came on the highway on an off ramp.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

And I'm sure you have evidence to share with us that this is something that the media does. I await it with interest.

You don't have a clue and just want to deflect back to the writer. Not even cleaver, you need to try to do better.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

So a pedestrian standing in the dark, on a curve, on the freeway gets hit and your at fault. I don't think so. 

I hit a deer that jumped in front of me on the road but it's my fault because I shouldn't have been driving the legal speed and in a safe manner. Substitute a protester for deer and it's the same. 

And was the road you were driving on blocked off as well, did you enter it via the off ramp to avoid the blockage? And after that, did you keep up speed while avoiding cars that were placed in the middle of the road as a further blockage?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Charging and prosecuting are two different things so think again. You could charge a person for murder if they failed to take a gun and lock it away, and a child then found it in the house and shot themselves accidentally, but thats not what will be prosecuted. Get some study time in. 30 plus years in Law enforcement as an investigator, so i have 1st hand experience in court matters.

Well it was a permitted protest with the police blocking off the freeway so if they prove the driver willfully went around the barricades imo that’s murder now if he just skrewed up it would be manslauter imo as far as supporting the protesters or not is ill relevant imo we have the 1th amendment like it or not

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well it was a permitted protest with the police blocking off the freeway so if they prove the driver willfully went around the barricades imo that’s murder now if he just skrewed up it would be manslauter imo as far as supporting the protesters or not is ill relevant imo we have the 1th amendment like it or not

So they had a permit from the mayor? She wacho but  don't think so.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

She's the one who should be facing murder/manslaughter charges for standing down the police and allowing this <deleted> to happen, along with all the other slime ball politicians in the northwest that have allowed these people to operate which has resulted in numerous murders and assaults. 

It is called deep pockets. Eventually there will be a civil lawsuit against the WSP, The Highway Department, The city and of course the driver. Depositions will be taken and eventually it will more than likely be settled out of court. Now as far as the criminal case against the driver, there is a mountain of evidence to gather and a full accident reconstruction investigation completed per the NHITSA guidelines, and procedures set up for TAR (Traffic Accident Reconstruction).  It may take several months to complete. The car should have been taken as evidence and stored appropriately. The vehicles black box will be analyzed and of course 24 hour profiles completed for the driver and victims. Need I go on just PM me.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, nausea said:

As for him leaving the immediate scene, well that's pretty understandable, I think he was more than a little afraid of getting lynched.

Antifa/BLM did attack him and his car when he stopped, there's video of that all over social media, but we cant post that. 

1 minute ago, nausea said:

apparently driving the wrong way up a ramp to gain access to the intestate

This is still unconfirmed. If we can speculate, then I would like to put forth that Antifa/BLM removed the blockade before they put up their roadblock, and dont forget that the highway is open all day long and only closed at night, was closed for 1 hour at the time, so its not unlikely that it was a simple mistake. 

Dude is going to get the <deleted> end of the stick and BLM/Antifa supporters are busy calling him a murderer and the politicians who allowed this to happen and continue to allow this to happen are at more fault than anyone involved. 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, riclag said:

Can you believe this!!! How often have people seen the left making excuses for lawlessness  !  Go protest in a safe space,

At least as many times as Trump supporters and right wingers make similar excuses. That would include self proclaimed independent/swing voters, too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, checkered flag said:

So a pedestrian standing in the dark, on a curve, on the freeway gets hit and your at fault. I don't think so. 

I hit a deer that jumped in front of me on the road but it's my fault because I shouldn't have been driving the legal speed and in a safe manner. Substitute a protester for deer and it's the same. 

Yes its the drivers fault. Im sure you dont like the law.

the pedestrian will be found to have contributed to the accident which would dramatically lessen any civil case payment. But thats the way it is.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, checkered flag said:

I think his error was that he felt he didn't need to follow the rules. After all this was Seattle and he felt he was exempt from following any rules. No one else was following police orders so why did he need to. That's what happens when the police are ordered to stand down and let the mob rule. If stopped he could raise a fuss and would be let go. 

This is a preview of what happens if police are de-funded.

So you must be really annoyed at trumps failure to call in the national guard like he said he would.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

She's the one who should be facing murder/manslaughter charges for standing down the police and allowing this <deleted> to happen, along with all the other slime ball politicians in the northwest that have allowed these people to operate which has resulted in numerous murders and assaults. 

Take a chill pill man! Your fascism is starting to show!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Not a good idea to stand on a motorway / highway and this reasoning has safely seen me through 50+ years.  

!9 days of lawlessness, pedestrian are prohibited   on that states Highways. 19 days of this state allowing lawlessness  by these radical protesters, by supporting them to protest in a  prohibited zone  . Sad, that someone had to die to make these cops in the dem controlled  state of Washington, do their job According to the cop in the video,they will start arresting people who come 

DO YOUR JOB!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RANGER55 said:

Police funding is handled at the city, county and state level, not the federal for local LEO.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea disbanding an anti-crime plainclothes unit .  Funny, 3 of the city council members who voted for defunding have hire private security for their safety at $4500.00 a day, at tax payers expense. So, you can’t say its not happening. Several other major left-wing cities are considering it. Several have slashed the LEO budget and plan on sending social workers to Domestic Violence (DMV) calls and such. Anyone that says that, proves they have no, zero, none, idea about law enforcement.

These same liberal cities are seeing a large spike in crime already from pulling the police back. NYC, murders up 40%from this time last year, rapes up, robberies up near 50% along with car thefts. Chicago is on a record run for shooting and murders like never before along with all the other major liberal cities. Its safer in Afghanistan then some of these cities!

Vast majority of cities and counties fully support their police and you see it every day from people showing up at the stations with food and drinks to people paying for their meals or just asking at accidents if they need water or anything.

The best was in central Florida where a Sheriff made a video along with his deputies saying. Don’t even think about coming to my county. Because it will not happen, even if I have to deputies every person in our county. By the way he is a Black republican.

First sentence - thanks, but I know that info. So far as I know NYC police funding cuts were announced June this year, so how do you link that to an increase in crime and violence for current calendar year to date. 

Minneapolis city council defunding the police department completely sounds crazy to me. The Council claims they are researching a completely different community model, due to entrenched negative issues within the current police force. first step report claimed to be on 24 July. have to wait and see what they come up with; likely consultants will be buying themselves new homes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1