U.S. Ambassador praises Thailand’s investment potential

rooster59

U.S. Ambassador praises Thailand’s investment potential

Tanakorn Sangiam

meet.JPG

BANGKOK(NNT) - The U.S. Ambassador to Thailand has praised the country’s high investment potential, highlighting the expansion of current projects and further support for industry as ways to promote further cooperation.

Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak welcomed the U.S. Ambassador to Thailand, H. E. Michael George DeSombre, who made a courtesy at the start of his mission in Thailand.

The DPM and the ambassador discussed cooperation between the U.S. and Thailand, to help strengthen the economies in both countries and promote more investments by U.S. investors in Thailand.

The U.S. ambassador said Thailand has the potential and suitability for U.S. companies to invest, with a great potential to be part of the supply chain of the South East Asian region.

DPM Somkid said the U.S. ambassador is highly enthusiastic about the development of economic relations between the U.S. and Thailand, revealing that the U.S. ambassador proposed ideas on what industries should receive more support from both sides.

The ambassador expressed his confidence that Thailand will become a technological hub of the region, with great growth potential in the manufacturing and service sectors, as well as stock exchanges that can connect to Hong Kong and Shenzhen.

He said Thailand also provides good medical services, which can be expanded to reach more clients, adding that the related agencies are ready to develop mutual exchange packages between Thailand and U.S. through the Board of Investment (BOI), to promote competitiveness and attract investment.

The DPM said Thailand does not need standalone investment from individual companies, but demands investment packages, which the U.S. ambassador said he will be proposing soon.

Mr Somkid has also stressed that he is still working on the country’s domestic and international economic affairs, while refusing to comment regarding the recent political developments in Palang Pracharath Party.

The economic ministers will convene next Friday to discuss two main economic packages.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-07-05

In the past yes. Now NO.

I am even concerned about the Thai Banks and their solvency during and after this COVID downturn in the global economy. Keep only what Thai cash you need for your visa and monthly expenses. If the Thai baht gets devalued, which I think will happen later this year, this country will be back in the 1997 era.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak welcomed the U.S. Ambassador to Thailand, H. E. Michael George DeSombre, who made a courtesy at the start of his mission in Thailand.

I sent an email to him in regards to the photo during his courtesy visit.

Dear, Mr. Ambassador,

My father would often ask me a question in a rather sharp tone from time to time as I was growing up and perhaps you could answer it for me. “Exactly, what were you thinking?”

Sincerely, missoura

I’m not expecting a reply...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

projecting/showing the "don't give a damn attitude" of Trump politicians by not wearing a mask

Just hope he hasn't been back to the U.S. lately, including any meetings in Washington DC... Otherwise, he might be bringing back some much unwanted nasties...

2 hours ago, DLock said:

Potential.

That's what you put on a kids school report cards as a polite way to say that he is below expectations and with some effort could reach his "potential", knowing that will probably never happen...

Correct, thanks for the lunch.. "must try harder"

Thailand since 1992 has had investment potential and indeed it has done reasonably well , however since 1997 the country as a whole has not moved forward, indeed it has slowly gone backwards in some critical area's, such as education and civil liberties.

How did he actually get into Thailand...without 14-day quarantine, and not even wearing a mask...and they shook hands...

Considering where he has come from, he must be a very high risk...