Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

University Introduces Online Exams

Recommended Posts

University Introduces Online Exams

 

1593850790261-960x0.jpg

 

BANGKOK, July 4 (TNA) – Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University tested its online examination system and will apply it on July 11-12.

 

Wichit Srisi-arn, president of the Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University Council, inspected the test and said the online examination system would be applied on July 11-12 but students had the right to choose their examination method.

 

According to him, 58% of students chose online examinations and the rest 42% opted conventional examinations at the university’s exam centers.

 

Those who will sit for online exams must have computers and webcams to show they remain in their room throughout their exam sessions.

 

Full story: https://www.mcot.net/viewtna/5f003bc6e3f8e40af1459bf8

 

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-07-05
 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is open to some form of skulduggery, no doubt all the people will play fair ...........LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't they just give the degrees away, they may as well?  And they wonder why Thailand has little credibility in the world of academia. One more scam on top of many.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as cheating and plagiarism is tolerated in an institution it will never be respected.

 

Ignorance justifies it as cultural which is a laughable excuse for unacceptable behaviour.
 

Any members experienced the Thai immigration ED visa exam?
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Why don't they just give the degrees away, they may as well?  And they wonder why Thailand has little credibility in the world of academia. One more scam on top of many.  

They do already. 

Never seen any University failure rates published?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Undergrads must achieve a 2.00 gpa after two years to avoid expulsion.

 

Half of all applications are culled or drop out before graduation 

 

That’ll be a 50% ‘failure rate 

Edited by Snackbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict a very high pass rate for those taking the online exam, compared to those taking the conventional one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 8:16 AM, phetphet said:

I predict a very high pass rate for those taking the online exam, compared to those taking the conventional one.

What ya gonna do with your prophecy?

 

Do the research and write a thesis?

 

🤨

 

Gold standard online networks are leading the way on working from home. Do those employees have a career progression advantage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 8:06 AM, Snackbar said:

Undergrads must achieve a 2.00 gpa after two years to avoid expulsion.

 

Half of all applications are culled or drop out before graduation 

 

That’ll be a 50% ‘failure rate 

2.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 8:42 AM, hotchilli said:

They do already. 

Never seen any University failure rates published?

I think that it’s more like they do not drag students who do not want to study to the exams and expel them right away=)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day... THOSE types of seat takers would obtain 1.5 GPA then bump up,to 2.0, then yoyo back down... just to keep ahead of the curve... To avoid working in Daddy's factory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...