UK supermarkets may ban Thai coconut products over use of monkeys

rooster59

I remember when I lived in Pattaya late 90s-- use to sit at one of the beach bars, watch the man come alone with his helper (monkey) go up pull whatever Coconuts were loose, those days the whole beach front was just Palm (Coconut) trees, Had some high winds when a few free-lancers were injured , so they decided to remove the trees.....

Now the UK and the brits are trying to look good and use common sense as well as pushing for higher moral standards. The thing is that they lack the ability to see the same pattern in their own society. What about Greyhound Racing? Is that right for the dogs? Are they sure the dogs really like that and they are not pressing them too hard?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Just get men to climb the trees and collect them ,oh but make sure they are white men ,or someone will be offended ????

You have to make sure that the tree is planted to slope 45 degrees when the fruit appears.

Thailand's exports of coconut products to the UK are so miniscule it wouldn't make any difference to the coconut industry in Thailand if they ceased. The goods displaced can replace Thai imports of coconut products.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

What's the World coming to,ban everything,ban working horses,donkey's

dogs,ferrets,Falcon's and monkey's, Oh and those cormorants that the

Chinese fishers use.

Then have a think and come up with other things someone does not

like and ban it.

regards worgeordie

My thoughts exactly. World gone crazy.

2 hours ago, Brianbighead said:

They should ban all the seafood too. 

A lot of slaves used in the fishing industry.

People with their hands in freezing water all day peeling prawns for pennies

Freezing waters? In Thailand?

• Haha 1

I have only yesterday resolved to forthwith ban myself from taking advantage of the earthworms fertilizing, loosening and aerating the soil in my garden. I can no longer have it on my conscience to engage in such animal cruelty just so I can harvest fresh vegetables, the selfish individual that I am.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brianbighead said:

Yeh the prawns are kept in ice cold water as they peel them, sitting on a 10 baht plastic seat all day

Reminds me of when I was young. Holiday job shovelling coal from a heap into a wheelbarrow, then into a boiler house store, in the middle of a UK winter. 

Cold hands peeling prawns? At least they get a 10 Baht stool to sit on.

Diddums. People are so delicate these days. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

What is this obsession that Westerners feel to meddle in everyone else's affairs as though their warmongering gives them moral superiority? The UK is a but a short step behind the US.

Is it not "divide & rule" create as much dissent as possible, fund and encourage any and all diversity, no matter how ridiculous, then the "Governments" can continue to rule with impunity, keep the masses occupied, is that not the real reason folks like Soros fund all these splinter groups, surely they don't actually care do they?

• Like 1