UK supermarkets may ban Thai coconut products over use of monkeys

rooster59

In Sweden we have an expression: "Sweep in front of your own door first". Maybe the brits should take care of their own animal abuse, like Greyhound racing and the meat industry, before pointing fingers at others. Though I supposed Thailand's an easy target when you want to shift focus and point to something far away, so you don't actually have to do anything about it except pretend that you're outraged.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Myran said:

In Sweden we have an expression: "Sweep in front of your own door first". Maybe the brits should take care of their own animal abuse, like Greyhound racing and the meat industry, before pointing fingers at others. Though I supposed Thailand's an easy target when you want to shift focus and point to something far away, so you don't actually have to do anything about it except pretend that you're outraged.

Greyhound racing and the meat industry?  These reindeer don't look too happy to be racing - also it's probable that after the race they will end up in a nice nourishing dish of "Renspån - torkat renkött och varmrökt rentunga" (dried reindeer meat and smoked reindeer tongue) or "Kams" (chunks of curdled reindeer blood).  English expression - Pots and kettles.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/02/09/618268/tourists-reindeer-racing-Sweden

• Like 1

Why don’t these good-for-nothing “first-worlders” dig a bit more before sticking their noses into other’s turfs? The monkeys are fine, for God’s sake!

Bubble over when y’all have finished your virus problems, or … just dance for the monkeys—to align your brains, duh!

4 hours ago, phetchy said:

Greyhound racing and the meat industry?  These reindeer don't look too happy to be racing - also it's probable that after the race they will end up in a nice nourishing dish of "Renspån - torkat renkött och varmrökt rentunga" (dried reindeer meat and smoked reindeer tongue) or "Kams" (chunks of curdled reindeer blood).  English expression - Pots and kettles.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/02/09/618268/tourists-reindeer-racing-Sweden

Congratulations on completely missing the point. Here's a tip for you: if you have to put words into people's mouths in order to make an argument, you're probably better off not replying at all.

Nowhere in my post do I say or even hint at that there is more animal cruelty in Britain than in Sweden. The reason I'm referring specifically to Britain (and this part will absolutely blow your mind), is that the article we're commenting on is about Britain possibly banning Thai coconuts – do you see the connection? Had it been about Sweden, I would have referred to Sweden.

I sincerely hope you understand my post now, after I've explained it as I would to a child. Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need more schooling in basic reading comprehension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myran said:

Congratulations on completely missing the point. Here's a tip for you: if you have to put words into people's mouths in order to make an argument, you're probably better off not replying at all.

Nowhere in my post do I say or even hint at that there is more animal cruelty in Britain than in Sweden. The reason I'm referring specifically to Britain (and this part will absolutely blow your mind), is that the article we're commenting on is about Britain possibly banning Thai coconuts – do you see the connection? Had it been about Sweden, I would have referred to Sweden.

I sincerely hope you understand my post now, after I've explained it as I would to a child. Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need more schooling in basic reading comprehension.

Take another look at the previous 94 posts.  You are of course entitled to your opinion, as are the earlier posters - the vast majority don't appear to agree with your sentiment. 

"the article we're commenting on is about Britain possibly banning Thai coconuts".  It is also about monkeys.  Not greyhounds, sheepdogs, elephants, horses, donkeys, fish, chickens, reindeer etc etc.  You also raised the point of Brits taking care "of their own animal abuse".  How can anyone further a contrary opinion to your's without using analogy or comparison, rather than a sardonic reply?      

9 hours ago, Myran said:

We have a similar saying " Don't <deleted> on your own doorstep". I think yours may have been born out of ours? I'm inclined to agree with you, people should get their own house in order before they criticise others.  

Edited by getithere328
deleted part sounds like pit
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 12:47 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's saying products that exploit animals overseas are not going to be sold at British retailers.

Innocent until proven guilty. We seem to have forgotten that one.

Hush! It's not just the UK in this nonsensical grandstanding. It's the ever EU-affiliated PETA hypocrites. And, it's not just them because I'm quite adamant that hypocrisy is a way of life (to most?) in the western part of the world. A vast majority would always scream like rubber chickens in just about anything that could serve their noses--to the point where they turn into nincompoops. Real pathetic jerks! Look here for the worse; they can't even notice that the shame comes back to them gigantically. "So please hush and be clever just for once," said the stone from heaven.????

1 hour ago, tingtong said:

Eh, a few more days to sleep, and an idiot will revolt for on the behalf of the seeing eye/service dogs too.

Well, it shan't be idiocy if similarly taken as this topic, i.e. helpful animal ... innit?????