The week that was in Thailand news: Double, double toil and trouble: Two tier pricing moves and a damp squib return

rooster59

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Many of the world’s largest economies have lied and prevaricated creating a situation that will one day need to be resolved with public inquiries and criminal charges. All “wars” have a reckoning and this one will be huge

When all the new holes are dug for the dead after a month of the grand reopening (15 million pints lol) there are going to be some very angry folks. It's one thing to put your own life at risk but when you gamble millions of lives to alleviate the pressure from businesses (so its been said) then it becomes incompetent, negligent criminality - in which stupidity is not a defense. Next to being a undertaker, probably then next best profession will be a lawyer, for the numerous lawsuits soon to follow..

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

just saying it the way it is,especially in tourist areas,but i suppose you have never paid

double price or been cheated or scammed in some way ???

You believe anytime soon double pricing is going to disappear,if so you are very nieve.

regards worgeordie

As always your posts..... pathetic 

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 9:01 AM, rooster59 said:

There are an awful lot of dodgy characters in Thailand who make it appear they are animal loving owners of sanctuaries. They are more like chancers and scammers who con the public and are only interested in money. Most of them need to be shut down while the authorities need to redouble their efforts in culling the soi dog menace on the streets of the kingdom.

Couldn't agree more, there is a*charity* operating around where i live, run by westerners, who can't afford to live here on there own cash, these *Volunteers* live rent free, one with large house and swimming pool, go around feeding the dogs with a truck and M/Cs,  now the dogs hang around/sleep in the roads, round blind bends, all day, result is we now have more soi dogs even though they may grab someone's dog cut off its nuts and dump it back on the road again. Most of the dogs have owners but the muts gather where they know they can get an extra feed.

A couple of points raised here in this always well-written column: 

The Civil Service here is neither civil nor does it offer much in the way of service;

Bikinis AND face masks made me smile;

As I am a Shakespeare nut I enjoyed the Macbeth allusion; here's mine extracted from a chapter in my book: 'Amusing Thailand'.

'The Bard of Pattaya-on-Avon, a Mr Som Tham Zuhn.

Here were to be found all the plays by England’s Man of the Millennium cunningly copied but given a Pattaya twist.  They were grouped into the appropriate categories of Tragedies, Comedies, Histories, even Roman plays though none contained any recognisable Latin characters unless you count Biggus Dickus - itself a copy from Monty Python.

The first play listed was ‘Ham Lek’, a tragedy of small proportions.  Set in Soi Denmark, it concerns our hero’s ruminations about a cruel fate that has cursed him with an undersized member.  The curse of three follows him through-out his journey: three thousand baht, three minutes, and three centimetres.  (At one stage the hero was to have been Japanese but the playwright stuck with Danish.)  Even when he finds true love, tragedy strikes.  Ham Lek meets a ladyboy called Ofeelya whose surgeon might have had Ham Lek in mind at the time of her operation.  Unfortunately she drowns during a tropical storm during which Soi Denmark habitually floods.  Our last view of her is as she floats down the soi towards Beach road, garlanded with flowers.  Pattaya police suspect suicide, but then they always do.

Som Tham attempts to politicize the tragedy of ‘Mac Beef’ by setting the play in the North, probably Chiang Mai.  Originally he called his tragic hero Thak Beth but this proved unpopular with yellow-shirted theatre goers.  He and his ambitious wife, Potted Beef, seek to overthrow the King so they can inherit the throne themselves.  They are defeated finally by Mac Buff, a celebrated nudist and vegetarian who resists Mac Beef’s attempts to force burgers on the people of Thailand by selling franchises tied to 7-11 stores.  Big Mac is eventually beheaded and his wife goes mad, sleepwalking, washing her hands whilst wearing a gauze face-mask.'

17 hours ago, Morty T said:

Enjoyable read until once again your liberal brainless clap comes to the surface.

Thanks for reading.

Sorry my comments about the incumbent in the White House don't meet with your approval.

But Rooster is a breed that does not have a red neck and will continue to crow about that despicable person. It's not being liberal, it's being human. 

Rooster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1