Problem setting up transferwise acc on nationwide

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem ,i have a Nationwide acc in the UK and transfer money no problem ,and a couple of years ago used them to transfer money through Transferwise ,but now its not on my list of approved payees ,so today i tried to set them up as a new payee ,(their side of it is still ok) but after filling in the first part on Nationwides acc ,it wont go any further ,where it says to go to the next page it is not lighting up ,just stays on the first part ,any ideas ,i have sent them a message   but as yet no reply

any help appreciated

If just using Transferwise to transfer money believe most of us in USA just set up our bank in Transferwise.  They then draw from our bank when required (we fill out transfer request).  Have not set up either of my banks to transfer to Transferwise.

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

but after filling in the first part on Nationwides acc ,it wont go any further

There's an additional box to tick saying yes I'm aware of fraud blah, blah, blah, I understand the risks, and confirm this is the person I wish to send to. Once you tick the box the confirm button can be pressed.

You might think about opening a Monzo account in the UK, it integrates with TransferWise. From Monzo I can select payment, overseas and it automatically gives me the info from TransferWise on rates and fee and once confirmed money moves seamlessly.

Edited by Stocky

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

There's an additional box to tick saying yes I'm aware of fraud blah, blah, blah, I understand the risks, and confirm this is the person I wish to send to. Once you tick the box the confirm button can be pressed.

You might think about opening a Monzo account in the UK, it integrates with TransferWise. From Monzo I can select payment, overseas and it automatically gives me the info from TransferWise on rates and fee and once confirmed money moves seamlessly.

Hi yes i ticked the box about fraud its just hat the confirm button doesnt light up ,i also tried to add my sister in law ,same thing ,but no problem with people on my list already .

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

do you have a mobile number attached to this account as new changes were implemented July 1st 2020

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11973908/new-anti-fraud-rules-for-bank-transfers-come-into-force-june-30-heres-how-they-will-affect-you/

hi no i use a card reader ,it allows me to enter all the details for the transfer ,there are three stages ,its just you cant even get to the 2nd stage as the button just doesnt light to allow it , which normally happens .

35 minutes ago, Stocky said:

yes no problem ticking that box ,its just i can get no further than filling in who i want to pay.

I am pretty sure my bank SCB, has my second name spelt incorrectly 'Jhon' instead of 'John', will be interesting.

Anyway as far as I can remember when I transfer from my HSBC bank, there is no name involved, it automatically knows my bank details in Thailand.

yes no problem ticking that box ,its just i can get no further than filling in who i want to pay.

I can't check as my FlexAccount debit card just expired end June, and I can't set up a new payee without using the cardreader. But last time I did, which was about a week ago, it worked OK.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

I can't check as my FlexAccount debit card just expired end June, and I can't set up a new payee without using the cardreader. But last time I did, which was about a week ago, it worked OK.

just got my new card ,but cant get to the second part to use my cardreader ,maybe its just a glitch that they will fix ,fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

just got my new card

Is the card activated? This is my worry, my brother is sending my card over. But reading the scan he sent of the letter it says card is activated with first contactless payment using PIN. Obviously in Thailand I won't get to activate the card, but am hoping input from the cardreader with the new card will be accepted.

Will be interested to see what response you get to your help request. If they say it needs activating, tell them you're an at risk person not willing to go out because of the virus. They must have a plan B for activation.

Edited by Stocky

8 hours ago, Stocky said:

Is the card activated? This is my worry, my brother is sending my card over. But reading the scan he sent of the letter it says card is activated with first contactless payment using PIN. Obviously in Thailand I won't get to activate the card, but am hoping input from the cardreader with the new card will be accepted.

Will be interested to see what response you get to your help request. If they say it needs activating, tell them you're an at risk person not willing to go out because of the virus. They must have a plan B for activation.

yes my card works or i would not be able to get on to my banking .

yes my card works or i would not be able to get on to my banking .

Ah true, I use the OTP SMS to access Nationwide, only use the cardreader when required.

When I set up a payment on my FlexDirect Account, the first question is  "Who would you like to pay?" with options for someone you've paid before, a new person/organisation or another Nationwide Account.  I selected new person and hit "Continue".

Next screen says "What type of payment are you making?" with a pull down list to select from.  After that it's this screen to choose the destination.

image.png.b81141f9405ce926436771aa978b72ff.png

Are you seeing any of these and if so, which one is blocking you?

17 minutes ago, treetops said:

When I set up a payment on my FlexDirect Account, the first question is  "Who would you like to pay?" with options for someone you've paid before, a new person/organisation or another Nationwide Account.  I selected new person and hit "Continue".

Next screen says "What type of payment are you making?" with a pull down list to select from.  After that it's this screen to choose the destination.

image.png.b81141f9405ce926436771aa978b72ff.png

Are you seeing any of these and if so, which one is blocking you?

If i try check payee details ,it just keeps going ,nothing happens ,but below that it says on the left ,cancel and on the right next or another thing ,cant remember ,but its to go to step two , this one just doesnt get activated so can go no further. for someone i have paid before ,no problem

Edited by bert bloggs

5 minutes ago, treetops said:

I can't replicate it, so can only guess the TW sort code, account number or reference are confusing it.  Are you getting these as prompted when you're doing a TW transfer and it requests payment?

I even tried to transfer money to my sister in law (new payee) i have all her bank details as well ,but exactly the same thing happens ,it just will not go past the first section.

she is in the UK with UK bank acc

Edited by bert bloggs

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

Transferwise is UK based too as was the account I tried it out with and it worked OK for me.  Sort code should be 23-14-**.

yes 23 14 zzzz how long ago did you transfer ,and were they a new payee for you ,mine had lapsed with nationwide so i had to set them up as a new payee ,thats the problem ,my old payees i can transfer easy ,its just like i cant set up a new payee ,tried them and my sister in law as i said.

Just tried it with my Transferwise details and the "Continue" button changed to blue from grey a few seconds after I pressed "Check payee details".  There was a warning at the top of the screen that they were unable to verify name details or something like that, but could proceed to the next stage if required.  Screen shot here with some of my info obscured.

Capture.JPG.459f46203cf88809ad97a49571b450ea.JPG

22 minutes ago, treetops said:

Just tried it with my Transferwise details and the "Continue" button changed to blue from grey a few seconds after I pressed "Check payee details".  There was a warning at the top of the screen that they were unable to verify name details or something like that, but could proceed to the next stage if required.  Screen shot here with some of my info obscured.

Are you both using a Thai IP address?  Believe banks might take exception to foreign IP's for some functions?  Just something to check.

24 minutes ago, treetops said:

Hi 

if i go to check payee details the whole screen goes grey and a little message comes up saying wait a minute or some such ,it just stays like that permanantly .so i have to stop and start again ,so log on start again ,everything filled in ,but this is the problem the continue button does not glow and i cant continue ,only happens trying to add someone ,my old ones that i transfer to ,no problem.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you both using a Thai IP address?  Believe banks might take exception to foreign IP's for some functions?  Just something to check.

tried it on a vpn in the uk ,and here in Thailand with no vpn ,still cannot add anyone . no problem with old payees .

Edited by bert bloggs

On 7/6/2020 at 2:42 PM, treetops said:

Hi 

i just got a reply from Nationwide after 3 days ,saying they are having a problem setting up new payees ,but it should be resolved by the 9th of july ,this is after checking their website right at the start ,which stated that they were having no problems , thanks anyway for your replies.

well done Nationwide (and so they should be)