Thais less worried about Covid-19 but want to remain alert: poll

webfact

Thais less worried about Covid-19 but want to remain alert: poll

By The Nation

800_076981006b793b3.jpg?v=1593937181

Following the sharp fall in the number of new Covid-19 cases and the gradual relaxation of lockdown measures, most people’s concerns about the pandemic have eased but they want the government to monitor the situation and help the affected people, according to a Suan Dusit poll.

The poll about "The lives of people after the relaxation of the Covid-19 measures” surveyed 1,109 people between July 1- 4.

Suan Dusit found that most of people's concerns about Covid-19 had eased (52.93 per cent). Some 39.40 per cent of respondents are hopeful Thailand will return to normalcy by the end of 2020; 94.77 per cent think they are helping to control the situation by wearing a mask and 88.19 per cent believe they are helping by frequently washing their hands.

As the virus situation gets better, 77.5 per cent of people want the government to remain vigilant about the situation, while 71.78 per cent want measures to help people who are continuously affected.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390823

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-06

Thailand's testing rate for people here was only one tenth of one percent so I have read. This being the case it does not show the true rate of infection of

people in Thailand , naturally doing this the Thailand government can say they are nearly virus free with little testing for the virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kiwiken said:

I must commend you. obviously You are willing to sacrifice Your elders, The Health Impaired and the very young. Good Attitude Survival of the Fittest. I am Sure that Adolph and His supermen would pin Medals on You and your ilk. Personally i am for restricted Borders, Social distancing. In New Zealand We atm no Community spread and Incoming Quarantined. Some say the Bill is Already NZ$80,000 per Kiwi. Personally if My Bill is $1M and We protect Our Most vulnerable it is worth it. My 7 day old Grandson is priceless. How much would you sell your Family for $1

Totally agree! 

3 hours ago, Starmocihc said:

I don't think the economic impact has been anywhere near fully realized in Thailand yet. It will though, sadly. 

More trouble ahead than has been behind, many businesses are in trouble, not just the entertainment side of things, the tourism industry is in tatters this year, the economy is in tatters, exports are finding it harder to be competitive. The Pm will have no excuses soon, six years in the hot seat and achieved nothing for the country.

• Like 2

The country should focus on traffic and the road. Stop letting these crazy drivers kill people.  Safe roads please.  Keep the beach's clean and keep tourist safe from scams!!  

Now let's go back to having safe fun and making money  ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Warning to all Thais!!! Be on the ALERT for Dirty Filthy Farangs and Grandpas with blue pills!   AHHHHHHH!!!

what are you talking about? They love old men. they have land for sale.  been a rough winter  lol 

• Haha 2

I am one of those "in danger" but just reading in the British newspapers how many have died because operations have been cancelled etc and the fact that it is going to take years to get heart operations or cancer scans,how many will die through all this ? 

pesonally here and for my family in the UK its been good as they have made far more money there because of the lockdown so more internet clients ,and our son here has just had a pay rise as the  company he runs has done more business and its owner who lives abroad cannot visit ,so our son has extra responsability. as for us ,we just carry on pretty much as normal ,just no tourists ,so much easier to park,shop,etc etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

schools were open for 3 days already... so where is the second wave and the massive hospital invasion ?  nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My kid only went to school for 1 day.

Then it was the extended weekend holiday.

As for money, COVID has saved me a fortune, no university fees, no school fees, no restaurant bills for me and the misses, no whoring holidays in Cambodia, and a reduced water and electricity bill.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mops59 said:

1109 people is not enough to be representative for the outcome of a survey. And when 77.5.% of these people wants the government to be vigilant the whole country will go bankrupt because of 870 people. But I guess the whole world will print money to overcome bankruptcies, hunger and unemployment . With thanks to the WHO for calling it a pandemic and scare the world big time.

If you look online at surveys and sample sizes you will see that a sample size of 1,000 in a population is considered more than enough by statisticians. 

Criticism about the size of the poll does not wash with me. I'd rather look at the questions and how loaded they are.

Rooster

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starmocihc said:

I don't think the economic impact has been anywhere near fully realized in Thailand yet. It will though, sadly. 

At least one media outlet seems aware of the damage that has been done.

. . . Thailand’s exemplary performance in fighting the Covid 19 threat at such a heavy cost to the public and the economy which has been left devastated (my emphasis).

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/07/04/thailand-red-lighted-uk-quarantine-purposes-with-asia-china-us/

5 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

schools were open for 3 days already... so where is the second wave and the massive hospital invasion ?  nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So...until now, you have never heard of the 14 days incubation- time?

Seriously?

After 5 month of this ...?

Oh come on Thai people!

Your glorious government told you from day 1, that everything is under control and now thay are telling you for the last 40 days, that there was no domestic infection case!

What are you cautious about?

No need!

Anutin, Prayut and their gang of merry men have you covered!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

I must commend you. obviously You are willing to sacrifice Your elders, The Health Impaired and the very young. Good Attitude Survival of the Fittest. I am Sure that Adolph and His supermen would pin Medals on You and your ilk. Personally i am for restricted Borders, Social distancing. In New Zealand We atm no Community spread and Incoming Quarantined. Some say the Bill is Already NZ$80,000 per Kiwi. Personally if My Bill is $1M and We protect Our Most vulnerable it is worth it. My 7 day old Grandson is priceless. How much would you sell your Family for $1

did u ever go out before this happened? cuz u seem to live your life in fear

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

Were you expecting kids to be dropping in their dozens on the first day back?

6 hours ago, hlj said:

Thailand's testing rate for people here was only one tenth of one percent so I have read. This being the case it does not show the true rate of infection of

people in Thailand , naturally doing this the Thailand government can say they are nearly virus free with little testing for the virus.

hlj...does it matter what the True rate of infection is --- isn't the bottom line how many dead.

And if the rate was the same as the UK... (About near country size--about near population size) You would hear about it--if nearly 45 thousand people started falling over in the Moo Barns & dropping down in BKK , like you have in the UK---you would hear about it.

Did you see the UK week-end newspapers.........its a street party all over the UK because they opened the pubs......... do you see that in BKK when they opened.....see it in Hanoi... 

No these people are scared of the Virus..... Most of the indigenous population will follow the rules.

43 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

hlj...does it matter what the True rate of infection is --- isn't the bottom line how many dead.

And if the rate was the same as the UK... (About near country size--about near population size) You would hear about it--if nearly 45 thousand people started falling over in the Moo Barns & dropping down in BKK , like you have in the UK---you would hear about it.

Did you see the UK week-end newspapers.........its a street party all over the UK because they opened the pubs......... do you see that in BKK when they opened.....see it in Hanoi... 

No these people are scared of the Virus..... Most of the indigenous population will follow the rules.

I am always baffeled by the trust, some people put into this government and the correct reporting of the correct numbers of ANYTHING!

8 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

With the Chinese starting all this and now reports of bubonic plague there. I would like to see the question. Do you want Chinese people to be allowed back in and see what the Thais say to that

They will welcome the Chinese back with open arms.

With 7,000+ visitors from Wuhan in January, and so few Covid-19 cases in Thailand, the conclusion is that this a dirty Farang virus.

Just look at the only cases now - Thais returning from Farang countries.

Case proved......................... Chinese welcome.

53 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

I am always baffeled by the trust, some people put into this government and the correct reporting of the correct numbers of ANYTHING!

We are not talking about ANYTHING Barmeber...... we are talking about piles of bodies of people who have died of Covid19--- and the numbers being hidden. When you write it down it really does look silly.