Thailand is red-lighted in UK for quarantine purposes alongside Brazil, China and US, inexplicable move

webfact

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I think it's more to do with us thinking our countrymen can fight and beat the Germans while your countrymen hid in cellars. The EU is the same game under a different name, we're still fighting, and you're still hiding in the cellar. 

..... and maybe we'll still lose, and have a United Europe under Germany, but at least we didn't give up!

Anyway, back to COVID and I'm still of the opinion, let those susceptible die and let the survivors move on.

did the germans ever give them their bikes back?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes it is because the users on this forum think that their home country is doing so well and keep bashing Thais while in reality they are the worst hit in Europe.

Now with the scenes i saw of the pub openings the second wave is just a matter of time.

I would not have the same contempt if the users on this forum were a bit less anti Thai and the UK had their business in order. 

But facts don't lie and i guess it hurts to have to admit that they mess up over there. 

I guess it hurts now that its not Thais that gets bashed but the UK (based on facts)

so the thais queuing at 4.00am for a 18.00pm food parcel handout are examples of los,s exemplary handling of the pandemic? and whos organised this charitable and compassionate action why a group of farangs headed up by 2 brits,its very easy to contain a virus bot h physically and economically if you don,t give a tinkers cuss about your citizens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

And a morbid fascination with corpses.....

I wish it were so individual and trivial in comparison to the real motivation: want to have a sense of how widespread the virus is where I live to make careful choices to keep myself safe if need be. I don't trust those who have the best access to the data and duty to report it to help me with that. 

• Like 1

Well, now hundred thousands, if not millions of Thais will not travel to London then ......

Any clue if the pampered kiddo of the Red Bull empire is still traveling on a Thai passport? Just asking as the passport is valid for five years and he's on the run for eight years already. 

Could be reciprocal or the fact, that a country with +/- 70 million has 3'000+ infected cases with 60 deaths reported which is a world record - except North Korea of course ???? 

12 hours ago, blazes said:

One statistic that is nearer to the "truth" or the state of play is the number of deaths per 1 million of population.  I assume all these numbers come ultimately from the WHO, which, as everyone knows, is not the most reliable source, but is more or less all we have to work with.

The league table for deaths per 1 million of population is:

BELGIUM = 843

UK = 651

SPAIN = 607

ITALY = 576

SWEDEN = 537

FRANCE = 458

USA = 400

CHINA = 3  (!!!!!!)

JAPAN = 8

S. KOREA = 6

TAIWAN = 0.3

VIETNAM = 0

THAILAND = 0.8 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

These figures are taken from:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The questions are

Did someone die FROM Covid-19 or with COVID-19?  There is a difference

If a country tests less and people are not counted as infected, the number of deaths with/ from will also decline

What is the overall number of people dying compared to the previous year - allowing for a reduction in car accidents due to limited driving

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes it is because the users on this forum think that their home country is doing so well and keep bashing Thais while in reality they are the worst hit in Europe.

Now with the scenes i saw of the pub openings the second wave is just a matter of time.

I would not have the same contempt if the users on this forum were a bit less anti Thai and the UK had their business in order. 

But facts don't lie and i guess it hurts to have to admit that they mess up over there. 

I guess it hurts now that its not Thais that gets bashed but the UK (based on facts)

To be fair, Rob, there really wasn't that much bother outside of a few areas when the pubs opened. Don't judge the entire UK by what you have seen any more than one should judge Holland by the action of a few dozen dafties in parts of Amsterdam or Utrecht on a Saturday night. ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trillian said:

If they had tested more, would that have changed the number of fatalities!

Yes. Other countries test all deaths and if they are Covid 19 positive then that death is added to the Covid deaths even if they died of something totally unrelated, such as cancer.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Previously sacked for promoting get rich quick schemes online using false names.

Home Secretary Priti Patel, previously sacked for holding secret meetings with a foreign government.

Gavin Williamson Education Secretary, previously sacked for leaking documents from Downing St

Boris Johnson........ too much to list here.

Why would anyone expect this mess of a government to know its **** from its elbow?

2 hours ago, Miami007 said:

The questions are

Did someone die FROM Covid-19 or with COVID-19?  There is a difference

If a country tests less and people are not counted as infected, the number of deaths with/ from will also decline

What is the overall number of people dying compared to the previous year - allowing for a reduction in car accidents due to limited driving

They've been caught counting, "died with" in the US. When caught, the people in charge state that "the reporting requirements were confusing, so they weren't sure how to tally it, we don't know enough about the virus." The bottom line is that many, most actually, were incentivized to gather as many positives as possible. Denver got caught in April, then they played dumb, and then revised their numbers to "died solely of wu-flu." Now they've figured that they need only come up with mass positives and stop talking about the lack of deaths directly caused by or hospitalizations. Since both have shot the opposite direction of the "positive tests." Meanwhile, fatal drug overdoses are up 145% across the US. ???? ????

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, now hundred thousands, if not millions of Thais will not travel to London then ......

The UK economy will suffer due to the lack of Thais playing the computerised roulette in Ladbrokes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, USNret said:

This is who is not letting people in from Thailand. Anyone see anything wrong with this picture? 

UK.jpg

statistically, in the uk, the under 50s are more likely to die from being hit by a bus than from corona virus. corona virus deaths are in the vast majority the elderly and those with pre-existing health problems.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

Yes. Other countries test all deaths and if they are Covid 19 positive then that death is added to the Covid deaths even if they died of something totally unrelated, such as cancer.

absolutely, i have a friend who works for the NHS who confirms this, you can die from all sorts of things but if you happen to have the virus when you die then it's counted as a virus death, explains to some extent the high death rate in the UK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

absolutely, i have a friend who works for the NHS who confirms this, you can die from all sorts of things but if you happen to have the virus when you die then it's counted as a virus death, explains to some extent the high death rate in the UK.

This sort of vague and loose reporting certainly makes up the numbers to shore up the necessity of lockdown.  

Personally, I'm not fooled.  There's also the matter of the 9,000 bed Nightingale hospital that saw no one, though did read a report of two or three people receiving treatment there but I'm still not convinced.  

I'm not usually one to engage in conspiracy theories but it seems to me that rarely a week goes by where I don't see at least two articles in the press telling me that five new cases of the virus was detected in returning overseas citizens. Are Thai people overseas unusually unlucky or is this media blitz simply reinforcing the reason why anyone entering the country must have insurance?

• Like 1

Consider this.  On a daily basis, the Thai Government announces additional Thais arriving from international destinations, many of whom have the virus.  Where is the proof that Thailand is doing a good job of controlling these individuals or those who traveled with the affected ones of possibly getting the infection and passing it on.  Don't blame the UK.  I also agree with some of the other assessments of limited testing, etc.  I would expect if there was extensive testing, they would find many asymptomatic cases.

On another subject, I doubt if the Russian numbers are valid.  Just too coincidental that the number of cases are about the same every day.

8 hours ago, baboon said:

To be fair, Rob, there really wasn't that much bother outside of a few areas when the pubs opened. Don't judge the entire UK by what you have seen any more than one should judge Holland by the action of a few dozen dafties in parts of Amsterdam or Utrecht on a Saturday night. ????

Oh i was quite dismayed about those dafties in Amsterdam and Utrecht too. But the pics i seen from the UK were far bigger. The opening of the pubs is a major failing.But again its an UK thing to drink like that in pubs. 

But I really don't get it that people are still defending the UK. All the BBC articles i post say the same thing worst hit in Europe. So they screwed up but few of you guys are ever willing to admit it. Probably the same guys that want pubs open and everything back to normal in Thailand. 

I will wait for say 2-3 weeks to see if i was right about the UK if cases explode again. I can bet you that still nobody will admit their mistakes. I certainly will admit that im wrong if they dont. 

2 minutes ago, fceligoj said:

Consider this.  On a daily basis, the Thai Government announces additional Thais arriving from international destinations, many of whom have the virus.  Where is the proof that Thailand is doing a good job of controlling these individuals or those who traveled with the affected ones of possibly getting the infection and passing it on.  Don't blame the UK.  I also agree with some of the other assessments of limited testing, etc.  I would expect if there was extensive testing, they would find many asymptomatic cases.

On another subject, I doubt if the Russian numbers are valid.  Just too coincidental that the number of cases are about the same every day.

Thailand would say:  But all arrivals here to Thailand are placed into a 14 day quarantine and tested no matter what during the 14 day period.  If they test positive they are treated and then released.  So we are doing everything right....

That should be the correct response as that is what is happening.  As far as testing the flight crews and sanitizing the airplane I have no clue.

4 hours ago, torturedsole said:

This sort of vague and loose reporting certainly makes up the numbers to shore up the necessity of lockdown.  

Personally, I'm not fooled.  There's also the matter of the 9,000 bed Nightingale hospital that saw no one, though did read a report of two or three people receiving treatment there but I'm still not convinced.  

All the deniers are out in force. I posted articles from the BBC where they compared a normal years death rate with that of now. It shows 10k more above what is reported for COVID.  So its even worse then reported. Yet the covid deniers hate facts. 

covid.JPG

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

All the deniers are out in force. I posted articles from the BBC where they compared a normal years death rate with that of now. It shows 10k more above what is reported for COVID.  So its even worse then reported. Yet the covid deniers hate facts. 

covid.JPG

Same with LOS....A graph bump....????

PS..You seem to have a problem with Brit folk, not only on this thread...????

15 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

But the Chinese managed to spread it into Italy and started off the chain of events which is still unfolding. It only needed a few Chinese to spread it and they did.

Of course in your xenophobic mind it there was no possibility of infected Italians returning from China, as was the case in Iran.

It was someone that had been to HK that infected a party in BKK, and it was someone who had been to Singapore that brought the first cases to France and the UK, but the narrow minded only have eyes for the Chinese.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have no problem with Brit folk Trans, Brit folk have a problem with facts. If you compare the deaths in the UK with those in the Netherlands there is about a 40% LESS in the Netherlands (adjusted for population size) using the same methods  from the same source. IF that does not show the Brits messed up what does.

Brits are lousy at taking criticism it seems. You are one of them instead of admitting it you are saying I have a problem with Brits. 

Not sure why i would have a problem with Brits just because I point out their failings and show how they bash Thais but don't have their own house in order.

I do the same for the US and if there is bad News about the Netherlands too. I guess your kind is a bit more sensitive maybe because you guys are more nationalistic. 

You missed my......."Not only on this thread".....

In that post you say..."Brits are lousy at taking criticism", that is a blanket assumption, again, a pop at Brits...

I am off topic, sorry.....????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing at all to do with the post I was responding to and the current situation with testing now.

Of course it has, you tried to make out that the UK had not mislead the public.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have no problem with Brit folk Trans, Brit folk have a problem with facts. If you compare the deaths in the UK with those in the Netherlands there is about a 40% LESS in the Netherlands (adjusted for population size) using the same methods  from the same source. IF that does not show the Brits messed up what does.

Brits are lousy at taking criticism it seems. You are one of them instead of admitting it you are saying I have a problem with Brits. 

Not sure why i would have a problem with Brits just because I point out their failings and show how they bash Thais but don't have their own house in order.

I do the same for the US and if there is bad News about the Netherlands too. I guess your kind is a bit more sensitive maybe because you guys are more nationalistic. 

I can see why my Belgian friends think their neighbours are arrogant.

More inaccurate assumptions in that post than a prude's judgement of a Pattaya whoremonger

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You missed my......."Not only on this thread".....

In that post you say..."Brits are lousy at taking criticism", that is a blanket assumption, again, a pop at Brits...

I am off topic, sorry.....????

I think this topic and all the flack i got proves it. But if that is the worst of the insults Trans then you really should get a bit of a ticker skin. The things i seen you say about Thais are 10 times worse then what i just said about Brits. 

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I can see why my Belgian friends think their neighbours are arrogant.

More inaccurate assumptions in that post than a prude's judgement of a Pattaya whoremonger

Could you go against the facts then please, and I don't mind being called arrogant. That is the difference i guess i can take criticism.