Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand is red-lighted in UK for quarantine purposes alongside Brazil, China and US, inexplicable move

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think this topic and all the flack i got proves it. 

Just an observation , but you do seem to regularly stick the boot into the UK and comprehensively criticise ALL Brits and if anyone replies trying to explain things to you , you accuse us all of nat being able to take criticism .

   Like, you can criticise the UK , but we shouldnt reply to that criticism or give reason  .

Many of us Brits think that UK has handled this virus very badly  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Just an observation , but you do seem to regularly stick the boot into the UK and comprehensively criticise ALL Brits and if anyone replies trying to explain things to you , you accuse us all of nat being able to take criticism .

   Like, you can criticise the UK , but we shouldnt reply to that criticism or give reason  .

Many of us Brits think that UK has handled this virus very badly  

Strangely I don't see many posts of that nature here. But my apologies to those who do think the UK did it wrongly. I just feel as a general rule that the Brits on here have a hard time accepting critisism.

 

But I will accept what you said and stop blanket statements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Where do you get the 1% mortality rate from? It might be that number in the end given the number of unknown asymptomatic cases but its not the actual known rate right now. Funky numbers indeed.  

 

Yesterday 11,739,167 known worldwide cases. 540,666 Deaths attributed to CV-19. That's roughly a 4.6% mortality rate currently and if you run the number on the amount of recovered cases vs deaths its around an 8% mortality rate.  

 

 

If you're getting your mortality percentage figures from sites like worldometers then you're looking at the wrong place for accurate mortality rates. Its generally accepted that current models and studies give a death rate of 1% or less, although thats still high enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was responding to a post that claimed among other things that the UK had stopped publishing its testing figures, that is clearly not the case https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ and https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/

Your words or not?

 

"Here's your claim:

 

"And the UK has lied consistently on testing, got caught doing it over and over again and then stopped releasing test data. They only talk about testing capacity, big deal, they can say have 20 million a day capacity, but if they’re only testing 50k it’s pointless"

 

With no facts to back it up, as I said nonsense on all points and complete lies:"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we know why Thailand red-lighted.

 

Waitrose, Co-op and Ocado vowed not to sell products that used monkeylabour, while Morrisons has already removed Thai products amid an appeal by Prime Minister Boris Johnson's fiancée Carrie Symonds.

 

Symonds on Friday backed a call to supermarkets to stop selling Thai coconut products over accusations of monkey "slaves" by the rights group People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) published in the Telegraph newspaper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, robblok said:

Not really, if i bashed the Brits the way the Brits on here bash the Thais id be banned already. Just showing you guys you don't have your own house on order why bash othso ers.

So it's just Brits that bash the Thais? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Your words or not?

 

"Here's your claim:

 

"And the UK has lied consistently on testing, got caught doing it over and over again and then stopped releasing test data. They only talk about testing capacity, big deal, they can say have 20 million a day capacity, but if they’re only testing 50k it’s pointless"

 

With no facts to back it up, as I said nonsense on all points and complete lies:"

 

My claim of no facts to back it up a nonsense statement still hold but if you'd like it in black and white. The UK has not consistently lied on testing, it has not been got caught over and over again, it has not stopped releasing test data and they test far more than 50k per day.

 

Did they meet their targets, no but thats another matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kennycrossfit said:

So it's just Brits that bash the Thais? 

Nope its not mate, that is why i take a pot shot at any nationality including my own when they are in the news. See it as a reality check all the negativity about Thais should be balanced out a bit. Seems most white foreigners think their own <deleted> does not stink and dish it out to Thais but have little capacity to take it. 

 

Its just now that the Brits are a target because of the news allowing it. So much negativity about how Thailand handeled the flu while in Europe and US it has been handled far worse. When I am on the phone with Dutch clients or my parents im constantly amazed how lax they are where I am from. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

My claim of no facts to back it up a nonsense statement still hold but if you'd like it in black and white. The UK has not consistently lied on testing, it has not been got caught over and over again, it has not stopped releasing test data and they test far more than 50k per day.

 

Did they meet their targets, no but thats another matter.

More tangents than a fruit stall.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A troll post/general flame and a reply have been removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robblok said:

 

 

Brits are lousy at taking criticism it seems. You are one of them instead of admitting it you are saying I have a problem with Brits. 

 

Not sure why i would have a problem with Brits just because I point out their failings and show how they bash Thais but don't have their own house in order.

 

 

I have just re read the first ten pages of this thread and not one Brit has defended the UK Govs handling of the Corona virus , although there have been numerous critical posts .

  Yes, there are a small contingent of Thai bashing posters on here  , but are they all Brits ?

But anyway, its not all and every Brit doing the Thai bashing , so theres no need for yourself to declare war on Brits because we are not all Brit defending Thai bashers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I have just re read the first ten pages of this thread and not one Brit has defended the UK Govs handling of the Corona virus , although there have been numerous critical posts .

  Yes, there are a small contingent of Thai bashing posters on here  , but are they all Brits ?

But anyway, its not all and every Brit doing the Thai bashing , so theres no need for yourself to declare war on Brits because we are not all Brit defending Thai bashers

Mate I did not declare war on Brits, i have nothing against Brits per se. Some are quite nice others are total idiots. Kinda like people in my country. 

 

But on this site there are quite a lot of Thaibashers so negative news about a country of their origin is a good chance to put the shoe on the other foot. I actually made some comments about the USA too. Strangely they respond far less fierce. 

 

I made remarks about my own country too. I have nothing against the average expat. Just highlighting failures in their countries to to balance all the Thaibashing.

 

And yes there are quite a few good people around. baboon richard bigstar crossy  and many others. I really don't care where someone is from. I select my friends based on what I like and do. So anyone into fishing or doing some exerise has a big plus. Bar types will in general not become my friends (don't dislike them just dont have the same interests).

 

You should read how the foreigners on here comment on the contact tracing app, on social distancing on the bars not being able to do as they want. So a topic like this shows what will happen without strict rules. 

Edited by robblok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snow Leopard said:

Where do you get the 1% mortality rate from? It might be that number in the end given the number of unknown asymptomatic cases but its not the actual known rate right now. Funky numbers indeed.  

 

Yesterday 11,739,167 known worldwide cases. 540,666 Deaths attributed to CV-19. That's roughly a 4.6% mortality rate currently and if you run the number on the amount of recovered cases vs deaths its around an 8% mortality rate.  

 

 

I think the 1% mortality rate come from the ratio of deaths to assumed actual cases which is a lower figure than deaths divided by confirmed cases. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I have just re read the first ten pages of this thread and not one Brit has defended the UK Govs handling of the Corona virus , although there have been numerous critical posts .

  Yes, there are a small contingent of Thai bashing posters on here  , but are they all Brits ?

But anyway, its not all and every Brit doing the Thai bashing , so theres no need for yourself to declare war on Brits because we are not all Brit defending Thai bashers

 

 

+1

 

I am British and will criticise Brits, or Thais, as and when I consider it appropriate. 

 

 

Nobody is perfect so it is easy for us armchair critics to have a pop at someone.

 

 

As far as Covid-19 is concerned you can criticise any government because they have all made mistakes in these unprecedented circumstances. Thailand has done very well and, whilst I think that they have been fortunate, they have acted pretty decisively. Over the top at times and I would argue that some ongoing restrictions are excessive for Thailand's situation. On the other hand the UK were slow to act when stronger action was required; not screening UK arrivals (as was common practice in Asia) was a mistake as was the initial herd immunity strategy. Nevertheless, I think that the UK government are genuinely trying to do their best and, whilst I am not Johnson's biggest fan, I would rather see him at the helm rather than any other current political figure.

 

Coronavirus is not a pi55ing competition - whether Thailand has done better than Malaysia, or Sweden has done better than Netherlands who may, or not, have done better than the UK - or anyone else - is irrelevant. This has been/is a global pandemic with each country doing the best it can.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...