BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand is red-lighted in UK for quarantine purposes alongside Brazil, China and US, inexplicable move

i went to North Korea and asked them some questions...

1.  number of covid.                    0

2.  safest country                     n. korea

3.  worst country                      america

4.  most dangerous country        america

5.  most racist country                america

6.  treats minorities the worst     america

why think for yourself???????  this is why the internet and TV exists.  We are sheep...we cannot think....low IQ...we have all the information....we know everything.....we are the smartest.....

we know absolutely NOTHING.  repeat.  repeat.  repeat.  repeat.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trillian said:
1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

Who is to say that the number of fatalities is accurate without testing properly? 

Unless you're suggesting testing corpses I think it's reasonably safe to assume that a person who was in hospital with covid symptoms probably was tested!

Not necessarily - There is an ongoing scandal in the US that those with Covid-19 symptoms can be classified as having Covid-19 and the hospital receives more money from medicare. There is an incentive not to test and just assume someone has Covid-19 to ensure the increased insurance payout. 

On another point: When discussions of testing vs Case Fatality Rates are discussed its important to note that there are different types of test. Speficially the PCR tests which identifies if someone has Covid-19 at that time, and the Antibody test (more than one type of test available with varying degrees of accuracy) which identifies if someone has been had Covid-19 (either with or without symptoms). 

Thus: When comparing deaths vs a tested population it is surely also important to test the population to see if they have had Covid-19 (at some point) rather than just test a population or proportion of the population to see if they have Covid-19. 

I suspect the only accurate way to do this is to take 100,000 people randomly from the voting register of an equally proportionate distribution of age across society, then: 

1) Check who is still alive. 

2) Check who has died due to Complications associated with Covid-19 (not just with Covid-19)

3) Check who has died without Complications associated with Covid-19 (i.e. died of something else, i.e. cancer etc)

4) Perform a Covid-19 PCR test on all remaining numbers of the population

5) Also, perform a Covid-19 Antibody test on all remaining numbers of the population

Present the numbers: 

Example: Of 100,000 people across all ages proportionally chosen to match the distribution of ages across society. 

- 0.3% have died

- 0.1% of those died because of Covid-19

- 0.2% of those died of other causes

- 7.3% Covid-19 PCR Positive 

- 22.4% Covid-19 Antigen Positive

- 70.0% Covid-19 PCR Negative and Antigen Negative

= 30% of the population have or have had Covid-19

= Calculated Covid FCR = 0.33%

NOTE: The above is just an example of made up numbers, but it's how I would like to see any case studies presented. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not necessarily - There is an ongoing scandal in the US that those with Covid-19 symptoms can be classified as having Covid-19 and the hospital receives more money from medicare. There is an incentive not to test and just assume someone has Covid-19 to ensure the increased insurance payout. 

It's the same in Spain. Because disposing of a dead Covid19 patient involves more cost hospitals receive more money for anyone who is diagnosed as having died of Covid19. Some doctors in Spain have complained that people are declared as having died of Covid 19 just as a matter of policy.

If hospitals get money for people they declare have Covid19 it is perhaps to be expected that they err on the side of Covid19.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:08 PM, DavisH said:

What is "proper testing"?

Somewhere north of 1% of the population. 

• Some countries, like Australia, South Korea and Uruguay have a positive rate of less than 1% – it takes hundreds, or even thousands of tests to find one case in these countries.
  • Others, such as Mexico and Nigeria, have positive rates of 20%–50% or even more. In these countries a case is found for every few tests conducted.
  • The WHO has suggested a positive rate of around 3–12% as a general benchmark of adequate testing.

Source: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing

• Thanks 1

I think the world is waking up to the absolute nonsense spewed out by the Thai media. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, garyk said:

I think the world is waking up to the absolute nonsense spewed out by the Thai media. 

No-one in the world reads the Thai media 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Iceland has done the most testing, more than any other country. Their data shows that 0.8% of the population has Covid19.

You talk about the US. The US has 2,938,000 cases with a population 328,200,000, so that gives you Ohhhhhhhhhh:

0.895%  almost exactly the same as Iceland. What a coincidence.

Where the hell did you get 20% from? You should do your research over again.

I give up

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

11 hours ago, zhounan said:

Maybe MI6 has more information than us.

I doubt it

5 hours ago, smedly said:

everyone needs to take a reality check in this country

my guess based on reliable data from other countries is at least 30,000 people have died from CV-19  in Thailand and the virus is spreading amongst the population at the same rate as anywhere else 

they know it and are hiding it - actions speak louder than words and there is a serious mismatch between what they are claiming and reality, some say why are the hospitals not filling up with sick people - well they aren't because they don't give a flying .. about people who are sick here - neither do they record deaths properly, it is the family that records a death and off to the burner they go - this is not the west - people die here and that is it, authorities have no interest in recording such things - head me in villages are the local authority - they are not doctors ............dead - burn have a slap up party bye bye - cause of death - they stopped breathing

some stupid people here think they are in the UK (or western countries) were everything is done by the book - a doctor must certify a death - every death, if you think that is the Thai way then you really have no idea about the country you are living in

waken up people and get the 3rd world head on and stop thinking that western standards apply here - they don't and not even close 

I would love to see your "reliable data"....

Perhaps its to do with with Thai requirements for entry, most travellers dont bother look at whats required, just buy the flight/holiday and then they a a  surprise on arrival. Saving themselves from themselves?

The English people are normally intelligent people but this stink. Is it the revenge of some sort, but revenge for what? Or perhaps plain stupidity among the English officials who didn't bother to check how few COVID-19 cases there are in Thailand?

• Haha 1