Thailand is red-lighted in UK for quarantine purposes alongside Brazil, China and US, inexplicable move

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

There has been a certain amount of confusion and consternation in Bangkok when it became clear late on Friday night that the United Kingdom had failed to give the green light to Thai travellers visiting Britain as part of the UK government’s new approach to health controls in respect of the Covid 19 virus as that country throws open its borders to trade and travel.

Might have something to do with the lack of testing done here in Thailand and this should also be a red-light on the UK coming into Thailand .

3 hours ago, SkyFax said:

My guess it is a matter of reciprocity: UK citizens cannot enter Thailand without a 14-day quarantine if they can enter at all.

Vietnam is on the list and has similar restrictions for foreigners.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Buriramfelang said:

Probably not. if you die from the virus without having been checked then you never had the virus. Its the Thai way of statistics, like dying in hospital after a road accident, its not added to the road toll. Keeps the numbers down. 

There is some validity to your point but a far cry from reality.

The UK has a similar population size to Thailand and the address the figures from different angles. The reported deaths from covid are in the order of 44K but the excess deaths over and above the normal average for the period of the crisis is in the order of 65K.

Thailand have reported 56 deaths due to covid but of course you are perfectly free to believe that excess deaths in Thailand over and above the normal average is a similar figure to the UK.

It may come as a surprise to you but what is on the death certificate does not keep the numbers down.

• Like 1

Who cares what the bunch on Downing street come up with, they have done such a botched job of controlling the virus who wants to go there. Thailand keep doing what you have done because it has worked unlike my own country and many other countries who chose to avoid the fact the virus was in their countries.

6 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

It will be a tit for that move. You let ours in, we'll let yours in

British want to enter Thailand much more than Thais want to enter UK. 

This is a political move by the UK and its allies against China and its allies.

Anyway, who wants to go to UK with the virus raging there?

Edited by warcy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Actually a friend of mine who works at a bkk hospital told me initially they were told to use pneumonia as a cause of death prior to martial law being imposed. Perhaps that is still the case in some hospitals.

Actually marshall law was not imposed. Although I do have a friend who knew somebody that was related to another person who in turn had heard of somebody who thought they knew someone who had died because a clap of thunder caused his brain to explode....really!

• Haha 2

Reciprocal negotiations regarding inclusion in "Travel Bubbles" sound like they are not going well. 

Thailand wants to exclude "Dirty Farang" countries but they want easy access into those countries. 

It hurts more than just Thais, but so do Tarrifs, which also seem popular these days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

And the UK has lied consistently on testing, got caught doing it over and over again and then stopped releasing test data. They only talk about testing capacity, big deal, they can say have 20 million a day capacity, but if they’re only testing 50k it’s pointless 

Nonsense on every point you made, completely untrue why do you lie like that?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Maybe it’s just a bit suspicious that a country that claims 0 domestic covid cases keeps itself under martial law using covid as an excuse.

Thailand is no longer under a state of martial law they are under an emergency order not as strigent as martial law.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

But then again what do you expect from a country run by their current PM. 

I think a correction would be in order, should have read

"run by their current marionettist."

8 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Because you deny the facts doesn’t make them lies. Do your research before you call people liars 

Here's your claim:

"And the UK has lied consistently on testing, got caught doing it over and over again and then stopped releasing test data. They only talk about testing capacity, big deal, they can say have 20 million a day capacity, but if they’re only testing 50k it’s pointless"

With no facts to back it up, as I said nonsense on all points and complete lies:

Here's the real facts: https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/testing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyFax said:

My guess it is a matter of reciprocity: UK citizens cannot enter Thailand without a 14-day quarantine if they can enter at all.

If that’s the case how come Greeks can enter U.K. but not vice versa. ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Possible of course. Personally I suspect that concluding ( from a stock photo) that the minister who heads the rather large government department, with scientists, medical advisors, statisticians and the ability to call on full briefings from the British Embassy, has taken this decision because he is not a nice chap is a somewhat unlikely explanation. Perhaps posts #12, #15 and #17 offer slightly more credible explanations.

And perhaps the rest of the world sees Thailand as a country with one of the best results. The problem seems to be that UK don´t get that. Of course, there is another explanation. That is that the rest of the world like EU and other organisations like UN and WHO have been totally blinded and fooled by the Thai figures. Now it´s up to the UK that understands everything and sees with clear eyes to take a stand. What do you think seems most credible?

I just laugh at the sanctamonious idiots running the UK. They made a complete mess of their own lockdown and now think that they actually have it under control. What a load of nonsense. 

So i can visit the UK if i am from Oz or NZ. Last time i looked i didnt see that there was a direct flight from either country to the UK. So at some point the plane must land in the likes of Singapore, LA, Dubai or Doha. What then?