Thailand is red-lighted in UK for quarantine purposes alongside Brazil, China and US, inexplicable move

webfact

41 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

While this topic has morphed into another excess deaths/road deaths/pneumonia diagnosed deaths really being Covid-19 deaths, I think the most pertinent numbers to THIS topic are as follows:

"British nationals make over one million visits to Thailand every year"

Still current at 6 July 2020

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

184,412 (2019) Thailand to UK visits https://www.visitbritain.org/markets/thailand

And UK is saying to Thailand that we send all these people to Thailand every year while Thailand to UK is about a 20% of that so NUTS TO YOU!

There is a difference with visa's, Thai folk cannot just hop on a plane... 

13 minutes ago, Beanfarmer05 said:

.Drunk people as was proven on Saturday in England cannot and will not social distance. The priorities are all wrong 

well now you've said it can you elaborate further?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They obviously don't trust the Thai government figures provided, test numbers were very low and shady

And with good reason we all know the morons can’t lie straight in bed. It’s a national pastime encouraged from birth in this superior nation ????????????

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So many want to cling to the Zombie apocalypse. Quite sad really. Many just can't let it go. 

What It's Like to Believe Everything the Media Tells You:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, transam said:

There is a difference with visa's, Thai folk cannot just hop on a plane... 

So what? Those are the official UK government numbers UK visitors to Thailand and Thailand visitors to UK about 5x in Thailand's favor.

2 minutes ago, 7fish said:

What It's Like to Believe Everything the Media Tells You:

Nothing personal but the guy in the video is an idiot, quote, "I know myself better than the WHO does"....right!

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

How I long for the day that your posts will make any sense

Oh, let me translate that for you. ???? 

You are saying that you wish you had the capacity to understand what other people post.

Yeah, as they say. When you wait for something good, you can never wait too long.

10 minutes ago, Trillian said:

Nothing personal but the guy in the video is an idiot, quote, "I know myself better than the WHO does"....right!

just a bit of humour, but does get some good points across

• Like 1

For any UK spouses applying to return to Thailand under the new guidelines,be aware it’s on a case by case basis so expect to see some backlash from Thai authorities in denying your application in a kind of tit for tat response.

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They obviously don't trust the Thai government figures provided, test numbers were very low and shady

Truth is that Britain are screwing up the whole self isolating thing.  Very little they do makes any sense at all.  The figures from Thailand may have been manipulated but so are many others.

But surely Britain should be on Thailand's danger list given the figures that we do know.  The whole thing is a farce.  Second wave certainly looks likely in Spain but still they open the doors and people are flooding to make bookings to go there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's your claim:

"And the UK has lied consistently on testing, got caught doing it over and over again and then stopped releasing test data. They only talk about testing capacity, big deal, they can say have 20 million a day capacity, but if they’re only testing 50k it’s pointless"

With no facts to back it up, as I said nonsense on all points and complete lies:

Here's the real facts: https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/testing

When is a lie not a lie, when the liar interprets "carrying out" as "providing capacity". 

You would need to show me where on your link it confirms that 100K were carried out in one day by the 1st May.

At the beginning of April, Matt Hancock pledged that the UK would be carrying out 100,000 tests for coronavirus by the end of the April.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-the-target-was-for-100000-tests-a-day-to-be-carried-out-not-capacity-to-do-100000-tests

But questions have been raised over how the tests have been counted, with the figure including tens of thousands of home kits which have been delivered, but haven’t yet been returned. The overall total also includes tests dispatched to ‘satellite testing locations’ – such as hospitals that have a particularly urgent need – but does not detail whether the tests have actually been used.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/01/government-accused-fiddling-figures-100000-testing-target-12642188/?ito=cbshare

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Stop the world, don't have fun for an undetermined length of time. Tough poo for the vulnerable, isolate.

Do carry on , no ones stopping you .

Just dont complain when Thailand wont allow you into Thailand because you are potentially a virus carrier .

How old are you BTW , you must be in or close to the "vulnerable" age group ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is red-lighted in the UK for quarantine purposes alongside Brazil, China and the US, inexplicable move

Who the <deleted> is worry about this? The risk to get covid is in the UK 1000's times higher.
So, it's better to stay and live here and not fly to the UK. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Do carry on , no ones stopping you .

Just dont complain when Thailand wont allow you into Thailand because you are potentially a virus carrier .

How old are you BTW , you must be in or close to the "vulnerable" age group ?

I'm not vulnerable, fit and healthy with no underlying condtions. That's Thailands problem not letting in foreign tourists and their economy is suffering, I've seen lots of videos of the empty tourist resorts. I can go travelling in Europe and spend my £ there instead. I'm looking at flying to Malaga and working my way up to Barcelona.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

What is the problem, young people want to have fun and they are not the one's dying from covid-19.

perhaps they just prefer the old normal to this:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mung said:

How did they have very low numbers while doing next to nothing across January and February? All the while letting in tourists from mainland Chain, 80,000 from Wuhan alone across that time period? 

Wuhan has a population of around 11 million and how many of the Wuhan population would have had the virus by the end of January. Statistically very few people out of your 80,000 may have had the virus.

I did a border bounce at Padang Besar on the 5th Feb using the overnight train. There were many Chinese on the train and unlike the foreigners, they were all wearing masks and remained behind their curtain.

It wasn't the Chinese that were the greatest concern.

At the border there were measures in place like temperature screening, cleaning surfaces and passport history checks, so you comment about "doing nothing" is quite inaccurate.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

no they wouldn't, fundamental flaw in your thinking is how Thailand treat the poor - 70% of the population

also very early in this virus spread Thais would have needed to pay for testing, how many could shell out 6k (up) for a test - go home and rest and here's a bottle of cheap coloured pills to take yippie yippie - if you die don't call us

That means that most of the population have or have had the virus already. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Wuhan has a population of around 11 million and how many of the Wuhan population would have had the virus by the end of January. Statistically very few people out of your 80,000 may have had the virus.

I did a border bounce at Padang Besar on the 5th Feb using the overnight train. There were many Chinese on the train and unlike the foreigners, they were all wearing masks and remained behind their curtain.

It wasn't the Chinese that were the greatest concern.

At the border there were measures in place like temperature screening, cleaning surfaces and passport history checks, so you comment about "doing nothing" is quite inaccurate.

But the Chinese managed to spread it into Italy and started off the chain of events which is still unfolding. It only needed a few Chinese to spread it and they did.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 2