Two dead, eight wounded in South Carolina nightclub shooting

webfact

Two dead, eight wounded in South Carolina nightclub shooting

By Rich McKay

2020-07-05T195022Z_1_LOP000M30MNVZ_RTRMADP_BASEIMAGE-960X540_USA-SHOOTING-SOUTH-CAROLINA.JPG

(Reuters) - Ten people were shot early on Sunday in a Greenville, South Carolina, nightclub in an outburst of suspected gang-related violence that killed two people and critically injured two others, police said.

Police believe more than one shooter fled the chaotic scene at the Lavish Lounge club before deputies arrived. A very large crowd had packed into the establishment for "some type of Fourth of July concert," Greenville County Sheriff Hobart Lewis told an early morning press conference.

Two sheriff's deputies were passing by the club shortly before 2 a.m. and heard shooting and saw a commotion, in a crowd of about 200 people, Lewis said.

Ten people were shot early on Sunday after gunfire erupted at a nightclub in Greenville, South Carolina, killing two people and critically injuring two others, police said. Freddie Joyner has more.

They called for backup and emergency services and went into the club, trying to evacuate people and see if it was still an active shooting, but apparently the shooter or shooters fled, Lewis said.

Officials identified the deceased as Mykala Bell, 23, of Greenville and Clarence Johnson, 51, of Duncan. The Greenville News reported that Johnson was a security guard at the club.

There was still no detailed information about the wounded or the suspects from officials in Greenville by midday Sunday. But Lewis told reporters that police were looking for "known gang members," and that the incident was "probably gang related."

There is no active threat to the public, police said.

Some of the wounded were taken to Greenville Memorial Hospital by people at the scene, others in ambulances, Lewis said.

The Greenville News reported that there was a previous shooting early Saturday morning at a club next door to Lavish Lounge. Police were investigating a possible connection, the newspaper said.

(Reporting by Rich McKay in Atlanta; Editing by Tom Brown)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-07-06

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I advice you to scale it down and take a look at the statistics of mass shootings in the US. Tell me you have the same statistics now?! No, you can´t, and we all know where you were going with your post above.

You're welcomed to their fbi stats, the same as anyone, have a look mate, or don't, doesn't change reality. 

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Starmocihc said:

You're welcomed to their fbi stats, the same as anyone, have a look mate, or don't, doesn't change reality. 

Ok, but if it is reality based on hard facts, why are you covering up your words?

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Although Im not real sure why the overlords thought this was something newsworthy, as a weekend in Chicago is typically more bloody than this ^

At Least 76 People Shot, 14 Of Them Killed, In 4th Of July Weekend Violence Since Late Friday

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/07/05/at-least-73-people-shot-13-of-them-killed-in-4th-of-july-weekend-violence-since-late-friday/

You do not get it. You are still dragging the overall statistics into this discussion. Ok, I know. That´s the only thing you can try to save yourself with.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You do not get it. You are still dragging the overall statistics into this discussion. Ok, I know. That´s the only thing you can try to save yourself with.

I would love to understand your malfunction, but I dont even think you know what your issue is. This happens ALL THE TIME. 

For example, from the article:

Among the incidents were a shooting that left a 7-year-old girl dead while she was visiting her grandmother for a 4th of July party in South Austin Saturday night, and two mass shootings – one of which left four people dead and four more wounded.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/07/05/at-least-73-people-shot-13-of-them-killed-in-4th-of-july-weekend-violence-since-late-friday/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I would love to understand your malfunction, but I dont even think you know what your issue is. This happens ALL THE TIME. 

For example, from the article:

Your malfunction is that you do not listen to facts. it´s simple. in mass shootings during the years 2000 to 2019 there is not most black people. you are malfunctioning by dragging the overall homicide murder statistics into the discussion.

38 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I can and I will on both because on both counts they apply. Mass shootings, as defined BY THE FBI, are mostly committed by black people. 

then i suggest you count all during the years and find out the real result, or stop reading white supremacy newspapers and websites.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Most mass shootings and overall murder/homicide are committed by black people, feel free to look it up. Mostly gang violence. And the right has been constantly talking about this for years. 

Just look at the last month in Chicago if you want, but being in denial doesn't change anything. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

I did feel free to look it up. The question is, what stopped you from doing the same?

"White men have committed more mass shootings than any other group."

"Newsweek's claim is literally accurate. But it's worth noting the imprecision of this data, and the percentage of mass shootings by white men is lower than their share of the male population, according to Mother Jones

We rate this Mostly True."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/oct/06/newsweek/are-white-males-responsible-more-mass-shootings-an/

image.png

Edited by johnpetersen
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

I did feel free to look it up. The question is, what stopped you from doing the same?

I did, ive known about all this my whole life being im actually an American, and you just superficially browse for internet points. 

Tell me, why don't they include mass shootings perpetrated by black men stemming from gang violence? 

Happens multiple times a week, but much like everything else, they exclude that data set from these statistics. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I did, ive known about all this my whole life being im actually an American, and you just superficially browse for internet points. 

Tell me, why don't they include mass shootings perpetrated by black men stemming from gang violence? 

Happens multiple times a week, but much like everything else, they exclude that data set from these statistics. 

And we should take your word for that why? Please, come up with proof.

2 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

And we should take your word for that why? Please, come up with proof.

Happy that you're willing to accept that if they didn't include black mass shootings that result from gang violence, then it would be inaccurate data and intentionally wrong and would therefore mean that black people DO commit more mass murder. And its interesting that politifact went with "Mother Jones" statistics over others, like:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Pick through there and get back to me. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Happy that you're willing to accept that if they didn't include black mass shootings that result from gang violence, then it would be inaccurate data and intentionally wrong and would therefore mean that black people DO commit more mass murder. And its interesting that politifact went with "Mother Jones" statistics over others, like:

Checked the first two incidents. First one no known suspects & no mention of colour. Second incident at least one of the killers is white.

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Checked the first two incidents. First one no known suspects & no mention of colour. Second incident at least one of the killers is white.

Mother of mercy the denial with you. You've got to be the most irrational denialist I think I have ever seen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I'm not your research assistant. If you've got the data or a specific link to prove your point provide it. I did check out the site and I saw nothing that categorized mass shootings by race. Nothing.