Two dead, eight wounded in South Carolina nightclub shooting

webfact

6 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

I'm not your research assistant. If you've got the data or a specific link to prove your point provide it. I did check out the site and I saw nothing that categorized mass shootings by race. Nothing. 

Sure bro, page after page after page of gang violence mass killings but you continue to deny. 

52 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Tell me, why don't they include mass shootings perpetrated by black men stemming from gang violence? 

Happens multiple times a week, but much like everything else, they exclude that data set from these statistics. 

Got any proof of this? Seems very dubious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Sure bro, page after page after page of gang violence mass killings but you continue to deny. 

In other words, what we're counting on is your impression. Not hard data. And your assertion that that statistics I cited don't include black-on-black violence turns out to be totally unbacked.

• Like 1

Just now, johnpetersen said:

In other words, what we're counting on is your impression. Not hard data. And your assertion that that statistics I cited don't include black-on-black violence turns out to be totally unbacked.

Dude your cite showed 20 (Twenty) black mass killings, and you literally think this inclusive of black mass killings from gang violence???

You cant possibly believe this. 

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

Mother of mercy the denial with you. You've got to be the most irrational denialist I think I have ever seen. 

No denials, that's a false claim, but I did a quick check of your database which you said would verify your claims which it did not, so try taking some responsibility rather than blaming others.. I agree there is a tremendous amount of gang murders in the US within the African American communities, including, as an example, the murder of families of rivals by gangs in revenge killings. I guess the same would apply to white / Latino criminal gangs e.g. MS19

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

Love how you continue to deny, deflect, and even have the audacity to include 'white' people at the end in relation to MS19. 

Fact: Black people commit more mass murder than any other race in the USA and it primarily stems from gang violence. 

You can deny, obfuscate, and make stuff up but it does not change the facts, and people like you, and others, who deny this are forever going to be part of the problem, not the solution. 

You're misinforming once again. There was no denial in my post what I posted is repeated below. Mentioning white / Latino gangs is only highlighting black american gangs are not unique in their use of and level of violence - it's called balanced commentary. 

I agree there is a tremendous amount of gang murders in the US within the African American communities, including, as an example, the murder of families of rivals by gangs in revenge killings.

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

See this is the problem with you guys. You deny facts, deny statistics, put your head in the sand and start screaming racism when you get trapped and its rather pathetic really. 

Show me the statistics as proof for you saying most mass shootings between 2000 to 2019 have been done by black people. Don´t come with the FBI <deleted>, as it just support your deluded facts.

This is what Wikipedia says: A mass shooting is an incident involving multiple victims of gun violence. There is no widely accepted definition of the term mass shooting. The United States' FBI defines a "mass murder" as "four or more murdered

Now that statement is a little bit wrong. The fact is that FBI does not use or recognize the term mass shootings. They call it "active shooter incidents". Unfortunately this includes murder and homicides as well, due to that the meaning of the expression is that it´s an active shooter at large that has not yet been apprehended. After that they also continue to use the same term in the statistics.

What we are talking about in this thread is the meaningless mass shootings, and you know exactly what the public meaning of that is. You just choose to use FBI´s term that includes more crimes under the same roof, to substantiate your reluctance for the colored skin. All so that you can be in the clear, blame another race and stand clear in the sunshine as the prime part of the population.

All above tell the true story. That is no problem with "you guys", the problem is in it´s whole owned solely by you my dear "guy".

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

OK leave the murder statistics out of it if that pleases you (even though you're wrong on that front too) 

Mass Shooting, as defined by the FBI, is committed more by black people than any other race. 

These are facts. You cant deny it, because its impossible. 

Yes, I can deny it!. FBI does not recognize what common people call mass shootings. They choose to call it active shooter incidents. In reality that includes  murder and homicide too. Means they put more under the same roof to make a statistic in whole. That is not what ordinary people talks about when they say mass shootings.

For example they have multiple websites that shows the mass shootings that ordinary people talks about for 2019 as an example. they get between 20-21 shootings. Would that then mean it´s many more? According to you, YES. According to most people NO. Sure, you are right and most people are wrong. Please also do not forget post #40????

Edited by Matzzon

2 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

They had the right to carry a weapon.

Why is there media attention?

So the law says they can carry weapons* so therefore, in your opinion, shooting and killing people is OK and shouldn't attract comment.

(*And let's not ignore that in many countries citizens are not allowed, by law, to own nor use weapons in public places or anywhere and that's the way the vast majority of the citizens totally agree/want such laws.)

• Like 1

Definition of Mass Shooting

The definition of mass shooting used for the Stanford database is 3 or more shooting victims (not necessarily fatalities), not including the shooter. The shooting must not be identifiably gang, drug, or organized crime related.

Why limit the type of incidents added to the Stanford MSA?

The goal of the Stanford MSA is to track the particular phenomena of mass shootings in the U.S. and not gun violence as a whole. While all gun violence is tragic, it is the seemingly spontaneous shooting incidents that are the most confounding when looking for answers about motivation, after the fact.

https://library.stanford.edu/projects/mass-shootings-america

this provides some commentary on what is excluded (the gang violence) and why (they are really researching those that 'lose their minds').

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Apparently black lives don’t matter at this club.

That you made this cooment and that there are people liking it or laughing at it, shows very clearly, thaqt they don't do here! 

What became of your mantra of "all lives matter"?

Suddenly black lives are anymore included in that?

????

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Terrible - but when some politicians/mayors/governors all encourage protesters to set up illegal barricades, create police free areas, want to defund the police, want the law enforced selectively, what else can be expected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gabruce said:

I cannot find mass shooting stats and here are the FBI stats for 2018. 54% of homicides by black people. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/table-43

Some info at post #21 for USA. I believe it's fair to say felony mass killing are in the majority carried out by African Americans. indiscriminate public mass killing mainly by whites, political / grievance motivated mass killings in the US mainly by whites and Islamists.

38 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Historically in the U.S. those acts have been carried out mostly by white people. It's not unreasonable to believe that the FBI has chosen to skew this fact by including gang related violence (not too many innocent people are gang members) which is mostly black on black crime.  

No, that’s you redefining what mass killing is to include one certain type of mass killing and excluding another type of mass killing. Both are mass killings. 

Lone wolf type mass killing is a different category and and the descriptor says as much. 

Arguing that “white people commit more mass killings” is 100% patently false and anyone saying it is either woefully ignorant or intentionally lying. 

And hundreds of innocent blacks are murdered every year from indiscriminate gunshots and loads are just children. Body count of innocent blacks killed by gang violence makes lone wolf mass killings look like nothing and it’s a sad state of affairs that most of these people get killed with barely even a mention in the local news. 

And in the overwhelming majority of places where these things take place are democrat strongholds up to and including George Floyd’s death. 

Facts matter, nuance and context matter.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I advice you to scale it down and take a look at the statistics of mass shootings in the US. Tell me you have the same statistics now?! No, you can´t, and we all know where you were going with your post above.

Yes, he was likely going to the statistics on murder. While only 13% of the US population is black, roughly 47% of murders are committed by black people.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

Ergo, if blacks would just tone down murdering to the per capita rate of white people, the murder rate in the US would drop by over 30%.

Basic statistics. Now, if only Black Lives Matter actually thought black lives matter.

• Like 1